December 22, 2014 | 1177 users online

Toners - Burt's Bees - Rosewater & Glycerin Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bigredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. Try it. That is all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by oliviak12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this recently and I have never used a toner before. My skin is pretty clear, here and there I may have a breakout but lately I have been having texture issues. Just have patches of bumps on my face which I believe is from clogged pores. After three uses I have noticed that these bumps have been getting smaller and hopefully eventually going away. I can also notice around my nose that my pores are looking tighter and smaller. All in all it is benefiting me greatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product! After only one use my pores have tightened, and my skin tone has evened out more. The rose water scent is a amazing. The only thing I would change is the packaging, since it`s hard to control the amount of product that comes out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Some history: When I first did the OCM I felt moisturized and felt I didn't really need any toner, though after a week, small bumps did form. Some people recommended I use a diluted witch hazel/oil toner to get the excess oil off. For me, pure astringent oils (like tea tree) can be too strong. I also didn't like witch hazel and didn't have luck with any homemade concoctions using it. My mom uses this and I tried it a few times at her house. I had her buy it for me since I couldn't find it. Apparently some Whole Foods (if you even have one locally) and Dermstore are the only places we could find it. (Cheaper at Dermstore...free shipping, just saying). Then after about 2 weeks of that regime, I couldn't take the bumps and quit the OCM but still use this.

Previously I thought when I use regular cleansers, I'm so dry that I can't use a toner, but I find this is slightly moisturizing and that it tightens up pores. I don't find it stripping at all. Part of me felt it's so gentle it didn't do much, but after using more than half the bottle, I switched my tune. I'm sensitive to everything and this doesn't create a problem for me (which is rare). As I said, I find the mixture is gentle yet effective and is a good addition to my gentle skin care routine.

My two biggest issues is how it's hard to find, as I mentioned, and I feel it runs out pretty quickly for some reason and that makes the price-per-use not that cheap. But I'm willing to pay for it because I find it works and is refreshing. I'm actually super glad I found it since so far it seems to be helping a lot. I will continue to buy it.

Update: While I liked this, and at times feel I need it and go out and buy it again, I also feel like it's not super helpful on the bumps. Sometimes I felt it made the bumps more pronounced. Also, when I'm dried out, which I tend to be when I'm breaking out because I over compensate and use a lot of product, this wasn't as helpful. I have switched to the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe and Rosewater, although it actually doesn't have rosewater in it. The old label listed it, but the new one says it's just perfume. But I still like it better because it doesn't have any witch hazel or alcohol which I can easily overdo and dry out from using too much. But I still use this occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to start using a toner because I had heard about all the harsh toners out there that burned peoples' faces. This toner has completely erased any reservations I had! It is a gentle toner that leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I have dry skin in the winter and this toner never burns and does not dry out my skin at all. I feel this toner has improved the overall condition of my skin (more even coloring of the skin, clearer skin that feels cleaner). I took off one lippie for packaging because I kind of wish it had a more controlled top. The top of this toner is completely open...I think it would be nice if it had a plastic covering with just one small hole so you could control exactly how much you want to use, like many other toners have. But overall, that is a small complaint of a wonderful product. The price is right and it makes my skin feel soo good. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really harsh and it burned my skin because it contains alcohol! I thought because of the glycerin in conjunction with the rose water this would be genial. It's HORRIBLE! Smells like putrid old orange peels and alcohol! After burning my face and making it red it left it very sticky and my face looked oily! Don't wast your money on this! I am now using Thayers alcohol free rose petal toner and I'm very pleased with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only toner I have tried that doesn't burn and make my face as bright as tomato. It's so gentel and removes any excess oil, makup, dirt, whatever from my skin that was left ehind by my cleanser. It also makes my skin feel and look soft and moisturized. I just absoluetly adore this toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Maggiebite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this toner! I have combo oily/dry skin which is prone to breakouts and ever since I started using this toner I have had almost no breakouts. I use this faithfully morning and night after washing my face and love the way it makes my skin feel. Does my skin look like super model skin? No, of course not! Anyone who expects some magic or miracle from this then you will be thoroughly disappointed. However, if you want something that's light, natural and great for skin that's a little more on the 'mature' side (I am 42) then you should definitely try this toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually got my bottle on sale at Target it was originally 11$ or so and I got it for like 5$ so its safe to say I was ecstatic. However now that I have tried it I would not mind at all paying full price for it because it's amazing! I love it and I use it every day. I am prone to getting a lot of black heads on my nose and after I use clay mask I use this to close up my pores and it works beautifully! I also have dry skin and it does not dry it out which is perfect for me. If you are looking for a toner I highly recommend this. (the bottle with the rose on it, not the purple lid)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xbriyeon

My go-to Toner. :) If you have combination skin (oily in some areas and dry in others) then I highly recommend this one. I've tried loads of other toners, ranging from Neurtrogena to Skinfood and Etude House to Clean and Clear and Spectro to Lancome, and they all made me break out to a degree or were just too harsh on my skin (caused that "burning" feeling on my cheeks). This toner is refreshing and light and makes my skin feel clean afterwards.

I apply it twice a day, both times after washing my face, by soaking a cottonball and rubbing it on my face to remove any impurities my face wash didn't catch. The price is decent and it lasts for a while. I also use it to clean my ear piercings with a q-tip. I have no problems with this product and the few days I ran out of it, I started breaking out within a few days. o_o