December 21, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is EVERYTHING I wanted Girl About Town to be! I saw Girl About Town and thought it'd be a nice hot pink but it's actually a raspberry pink or a berry/fuchsia on me whereas this lipstick is a strawberry/watermelon pink, sort of coral toned fuchsia.

Both Impassioned and Girl About Town are the same depth of color but Impassioned is warm toned and Girl About Town is cool toned.

It'll look different but generally looks more pink on warm toned or olive skin and on cool toned skin it may look more coral/red. It also depends on your lip color but a blue toned pink lipliner can be used to tone out the extra coral and make it look more pink.

This can definitely work on a lot of skin tones I'm warm toned and it looks amazing on other warm toned people!
I'll have to swatch Girl About Town next to Impassioned so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'd say if you're more warm toned then this is the Girl About Town version for you without looking muddy, GAT does look a lot better with flash though.

The formula is one of my faves! Super pigmented yet creamy and dries to a kinda satin finish IMO and VERY long lasting. I never have to touch up amplified, matte or satin lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Perfect bright pink color for olive/indian skin tones. I was a little unsure about how it would look on me because I'm a little tanned too but it looks perfect. Since its an amplified finish the pink color goes on easily with just one layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by amberfall

This is my only mac lipstick and I am so impressed! The color is a beautiful bright almost neon pink and leans coral in some lights on me. The only things that bother me are the price ($16) and the way it dries my lips slightly throughout the day. It has a light vanilla scent and lasts about 6 hours (or until I eat). People at my school don't really wear makeup so I usually gets comments on the brightness of the color but I take it as a complement anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A unique BRIGHT pink lipstick (yes, emphasis on the bright) that has an almost neon finish.

I love the quality of MAC Amplified lipsticks because they rarely need a lip liner coating underneath them.

Coverage: A-
Longevity: B+
Finish: Creamy, but too much can look cakey, so B+

Looks great in photos! I always wear this in my pink-themed photoshoots for a fun look.

However, because of its neon-like colour, not an everyday lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Very much liking this lippy, although it is VERY bright. I never go for bright lipsticks really as I don't wear lippy by day much, and I go with a dark eye at night which doesn't work very well with this as it is quite glaring. decided to buy after seeing it on a list of the top 7 mac lipsticks to have... Wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I might be! Much nicer MAC lipsticks that didnt get a look in on that list. Maybe its jus me not being crazy about coral tones. Works well with my pale skin and dark hair. Worth buying as it makes lists of best buys!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Returned. Extremely bright. I am a GGG, NC 25 and this looked really wild and crazy on me. My husband comments sometimes, but when I put this on, he did a double take and asked me to remove it. That RARELY happens. He did not want to be seen with me wearing this. He said it looked like a fun at the beach kind of lipstick. I agree, even though I would not even wear this to the beach. Sad, because I saw pictures of it on ladies my complexion and it looked okay. It is a bright, watermelon, pink/coral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT bright pink for my skin colour! I often find some pinks end up looking purple on me, but this is perfect! Just pure pinkness!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by lionasara

I picked this lipstick out of obsession in Jeon Ji Hyun's character in "My Love From Another Star". In most episodes, Cheon Song Yi was rocking a lipstick that looks like red, coral and hot pink at the same time (perhaps depending on the lighting), and that made me search for a MAC counterpart for that color. And that led me to Impassioned!

Amplifieds are my favorite MAC lippie finish due to color payoff and non-dry feeling. I was glad that Impassioned belong to that line. It glides to my lips like butter, and comfortable round the clock. Very beautiful color! It was a groundbreaking lipstick for me as I'm not really into lippies that are bold other than my usual MLBB's. With this lipstick alone(along with a nice dewy BB cream & winged eyeliner), I don't need to put eye makeup & blushes anymore! It's a great pick-me-up and brightens my face in an instant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have light, olive/neutral toned skin with dark hair and eyes, and look great in bright, coral/warm toned pigmented pinks. I can look and feel like complete crap, but if I wear a bright coral-toned pink, suddenly I don't look like death anymore. It took me so many years to learn how to wear lip color. Impassioned is a very pigmented, bright, coral-toned hot pink. It contains a lot of pigment, so it is a little bit drying and not something that you can apply in a dimly lit car with a hand mirror. You'll probably end up looking like Bozo the clown if you try. You have to take your time applying it. I have lips that are constantly flaking, so I like to use a lip scrub and a balm before applying this. The balm also prevents the dye from bleeding unevenly into your lips, it instead will last for hours as a lip stain. If you're scared of the color, you can work your way up to wearing it full coverage by apply it over lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick! If you tend to be shy of Girl About Town or any fuchsia lipstick... this lipstick is for you! It's between a coral/pink color. It looks awesome! This lipstick needs more recognition! Mac Dynamo is a good lip liner to go with it too! Loff it! Stays on pretty well too