Milani Creme to Powder

3.1

Not tested on animals

Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Silica, Nylon – 12, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Talc, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Myristyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Myristyl Laurate, Fragrance (Parfum), Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Myristyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. +/- May Contain:Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well. I used this product for a short while. It has an okay finish look. Kinda greasy which I hate in a foundation. I'm oily skin and I really wasn't pleased with how my face gets all oily when I get out in the sun for like an hour. Coverage is not bad but You need to use lots and I mean lots to get a good coverage. Used it once and I haven't purchased again I'll recommend using it with a primer .It's an okay foundation .

on 3/4/2014 7:43:00 PM

I bought this as a "filler" to my favorite Laura Mercier Creme compact tinted moisturizer which I love but is very, very expensive and I go through it much too quickly. I was skeptical at first because of price, however, I am very impressed. The color Medium Beige (07) matched my Laura Mercier Almond perfectly to the extent that putting one next to the other I couldn't tell the difference. The coverage was just as good too but the Milani is a little more matte than Laura's. They both lasted about the same however surprisingly I seem to squeeze a couple of more hours out of the Milani depending on the type of day I'm having. Overall I'm very impressed and will continue to purchase and may even phase out my LM!

on 3/3/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Almost good. I am rather sensitive to scent, and this make-up has a strong perfume. I hate using this term - but the scent can only be described as "old lady perfume" - talcum powder, powdery violet, Elnett hairspray and that lipstick smell. I can smell this when I apply it, and even worse, for a at least 1-2 hours while it's on.

Other than that the shade selection is poor at the the store in my area, only 4 shades. I chose Buff #9 for my NC20 skin and it is a hair too dark but wearable once well-blended. The coverage is good, medium - but can be sheered out to light (I actually mix this with some moisturiser to sheer it out) and can be built up somewhat although the finish is powdery so it likely won't be flattering at fuller coverage.

The finish is a natural matte, and it wears well - lasting about 7 hours on my skin and doesn't feel cakey, thick or drying. It may cling to dry patches so moisturise beforehand of course, and if you're oily/combo like me, you may want to use a mattifying primer.

I won't repurchase simply because a) lacking in yellow-toned shades and b) the smell is just too much for me. I've been using CG & Olay's Simply Ageless cream foundation which has a more natural (less dry/powdery) finish and also no perfume.

on 2/3/2014 12:20:00 PM

This is one of my HG foundations. I have dry skin, and do not find this foundation to be greasy. It also does not have any sort of smell. What I do like about it, is that it only takes the tiniest amount to provide coverage. I have redness on my nose and cheeks, and this product does a great job covering it up. I use a primer underneath, as well as a setting powder on top, and have not had any problems with transfer. I apply with a brush, I stipple it on and then swirl it around for poreless, flawless coverage. It feels so light, it doesn't even feel like I am wearing it! I love it!

on 8/6/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I sooooo wanted to give this product 5 lippies and here's why. The very first day I wore this cream to power foundation, my husband said, "you're face looks really nice" now he always compliments me. You look great, your hair looks good, etc. but to give an EXACT compliment on my face and how nice it looked (and my husband does not care one bit about makeup) this product MUST be doing some amazing things! But let's get with the rest of it...

Color : the selection isnt TERRIBLE, (i bought mine at walmart) and ive heard the website offers more choices. I was able to find a color close to what I would be. Warm Beige (i think is number 14) seemed to be the best fit because it looked to have a lot more of a yellow color to it than the rest of the choices i saw.

Price : CANNOT beat the price!! Definitely affordable, will not break the bank!

Coverage/wear : Medium coverage. I suppose it can be build-able, but it started to feel a little thick on my face if I went over it more than twice. It does the job on covering my acne scars though. Once product touches your face it is so smooth and creamy, a really nice silky feel, however, it does seem to transfer easily. If I forgot and touched my face (because of an itch or what have you) I could feel the product come off on my finger. I don't think this would be good for prolonged wear without touchups.

Packaging : Super cute, looks more expensive than what it is. Easily portable.

I have not tried this product with primer, or any powder to set it. I have only applied it over moisturizer. I have tried applying with the sponge that it comes with as well as a flat top foundation brush. I definitely prefer the sponge. Even though some reviewers have mentioned that the sponge soaks up too much product and you're, in turn, wasting it...I feel like I get a better application, a more flawless look, using the sponge.
I have dry skin, and was worried that this would enhance the dryness. This didn't happen....until the 4th day of wear. Now, I can't say whether it's something in this product that made my face drier over the few days of wearing it, but when I applied it this morning, HOLY DRY SKIN!! It was terrible!! Clung to and enhanced every dry area on my face.I immediately had to take everything off and wear a different foundation. I was so disappointed. I was really falling in love with it. So maybe this product would be better for a more combination type skin. Not so much on the oily side, but no so dry either.

on 5/6/2013 2:14:00 PM

When i bought Milani Cream-to-powder foundatin i thought it would have even coverage.I was wrong,this foundation does not have coverage and it is very greasy.I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!

on 3/30/2013 7:08:00 PM

I bought this product thinking I could use it as lighter finish foundation/powder to help balance out a foundation that is too dark for me in the winter months. I loved the packaging and thought it was gorgeous and am a huge fan of the mirror. However the product within was a huge disappointment. The product overall looks very flaky and does not blend at all into my skin, rather, it makes it very obvious that I am wearing powder foundation. I bought the color in 09 Buff, which is actually a very good match for my skin tone in the winter, but I don't see myself using it due to the poor effect it has on me. I will not purchase this again. btw I have dry skin.

on 11/11/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, I was glad to find a pale, yellow toned shade in this line. I do love the fact that it's creamy and dries to an almost matte look. Only problem is that I wear glasses and while this LOOKS matte, this foundation actually makes my nose so greasy, that my glasses slide down my face. This is even with powder on top, mattifyer underneath, etc... So I give up on this product. On to the next one...

on 11/5/2012 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After a week of using this, hating it. My skin was sooooo cakey and flakey. My skin can get a little dry because of all of my acne medications, so I picked this creme/powder thinking it would moisturize my skin. I have never had a foundation dry my skin out this bad- embarrassing! Sorry girls, but if your skin is even a little bit dry do NOT use this! I do love the color (buff) so I'll probably exchange this for the pressed powder and see if I have any luck with that.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this foundation, and I will repurchase, however, there are a few things that I dont like....lets talk about the things i like 1st...

For reference I am NC45/50 in MAC, Illamasqua Skinbase SB15, Maybelline Super Stay Caramel, and in the Milani Creme to Powder Foundation I am in shade Spiced Almond and this matches amazingly to my skin tone.

I like that it blends in like a dream, I spray my face with a setting spray, then buff this into the skin in small circular motions. A small amount goes a very long way with this product, and the coverage (using my method) is flawless, my pores are invisible and there is no line of demarcation. It covers my fading acne scars, and my under eye circles with little effort, without looking cakey or heavily made up (it actually looks like i have nothing on). it also blends well with my blush and bronzer if i choose to wear. I like that it is light weight and easy to apply. I also think you get a fair amount of product for the price (usually $8.99)

As far as wearability, it wears really well...and first i thought it transferred more than my other foundations...but actually I think I was just wearing too much. I place my flat top brush lightly in the foundation and buff it in to the skin using the tiniest amount, and if i blend it all the way in, it stays there....and again, looks like I have no makeup on at all!

overall...its def a keeper, I think this is my new favorite everyday foundation, even over my Illamasqua Skinbase, which i thought was the best foundation ive ever tried, and my maybelline 24 hour, which i thought was the best bang for my buck...this just looks toooo natural!...the finish is awesome, i really suggest you ladies try! its a great item to keep on hand!!!!

UPDATE: My ONLY issue with this is the fact that it transfers on to EVERYTHING...still a great product though :)