Wella Color Charm Conditioning Permanent Gel Haircolor

on 4/19/2015 2:32:00 PM

I have been using Wella colour/toners for probably about 6.5 years now. I've tried several different colours both the liquids and the gels.

My only complaint is the horribly strong smell! No other brand compares to how bad it is, lol.

on 3/9/2015 5:45:00 PM

I have been using this product for several years now. The gel consistency is great, does not drip. I have my son do my hair, LOL and with the 20 developer mixed in it costs appox $4.00 an application. Great product and a tip that I learned is to weigh it rather than measure it. I have a good food scale and it works good. 30 grams gel colour and then add 60 grams developer. A perfect mix every time. Oh yes, I am naturally a meduim brown and I use a 9N to get a very light blond :)

on 2/23/2015 2:31:00 AM

I have medium brown hair (I have been coloring it truffle or chestnut color for years). I wanted it lighter and slightly "blonder" - basically I wanted the rich honey color. I got the ColorCharm dye in Caramel. It gave in a light golden brown color, without the red, which is exactly what I wanted. It is still a bit dark, so I am going to try Tan Blonde shade next.

The dye is very easy to use and mix. The consistency is a little weird when you first start mixing it - it turns into a chunky custard/flan thing, but then thins out a bit. I kept it on for 45 minutes and it was fairly easy to wash off. The hair felt like straw in the shower, which scared me a lot. I used L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm as an after-color conditioner. I let the hair air dry and it fells like silk and looks very healthy and shiny.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The shade selection is really nice too!

P.S. My sister is blond and used the Titian Red dye, which gave her a beautiful coppery/strawberry blond result.

on 7/20/2014 1:09:00 AM

After months of at-home experimentation with different blonde dyes to get my medium/light brown hair to a light ash blonde, I have found my HG. I was trying to gradually lighten by re-dying my whole head every 6-8 weeks with 30 vol. developer and various Ion and Wella dyes, and a drugstore box dye on one occasion (pointless).
The last time I dyed my hair, I used Wella Color Charm 8A (the liquid one), but it ended up darkening my hair rather than lightening it, and the resulting color was not at all like the swatch. However, I was impressed by how much it reduced the ginger tones my hair loves to pull, so I wanted to try a lighter shade of Wella Color Charm.
So last night I gave the 9A Color Charm gel a shot on my strawberry dark blonde hair. I mixed it 2:1 with Ion 30 vol. developer, and left in on for 40 minutes. I am now a convincing, natural-looking medium blonde, and best of all, there is no brass at all! This is the most flattering blonde color I've ever pulled off at home, and the first time I've actually been pleased with the tone. It is not quite the level of ash I'm going for - I want almost grey-ish blonde hair - but I'm thinking with a toner or another dye, I should be close enough.
Other thoughts: the gel is less drying than the liquid Color Charm, which was noticeably more damaging than the Ion Color Brilliance gel dyes I'd tried previously. The smell of the gel is also less noxious than the liquid Color Charm. And I love that because of Wella's 2:1 developer:dye ratio, you end up with quite a bit more dye than with dyes that require 1:1 ratios. When I was using Ion Color Brilliance, the 1:1 ratio mixture was not enough to cover my long hair. This time I actually had dye leftover.
I was about to give up getting the ash blonde hair of my dreams due to my limited success, but thanks to this product, it actually seems achievable. Wella is much better at ridding brass than Ion Color Brilliance, so if battling the ginge is an issue for you, give it a shot!

on 10/3/2013 1:08:00 PM

So my hair is naturally a medium ash blonde, but in the summer I lighten up substantially to bright barbie blonde thanks to the sun. However, in the winter, it goes back to the medium ash color. To even out the color, and correct brassy tones from chlorine, I use 8A medium ash blonde (blue based) with a level 10 developer, mix, apply, and let it sit for 45 minutes. It rinses out well, and is a pretty, neutral ashy blonde, very natural, but not too dark.

My hair was a warm, golden tone with a few brassy and red tones left over from a previous dye. I wanted rid of all the red tones, which were very almost gone - so I bought this in shade #740 Light Ash Blonde and to accompany it I bought the T28 Natural Blonde toner and Cooling Violet additive just in case. I used all of these with the Wella 20 vol Creme Developer.

In retrospect, I should have maybe tried the toner first and see what that did to my hair because the shade I've ended up with is a nice ashy blonde or "bronde" colour, (think Taylor Swift right now) so no real complaint here - but it's darker than I had intended. However, I will never ever go back to box dyes - the vast selection, pricing, packaging, value for money is all there with Wella Color Charm collection. Would definitely buy again.

on 6/15/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this is lightest golden blonde because it looked the most similar to a honey blonde (think Jen Anniston) anyways it turned my roots orange. I used the 20 developer because I didn't want to do a ton of damage and my hair is a light brown to dark blonde color normally. But still my roots are orange but the rest of my hair is slightly tinted the color I wanted just not as light. I went over it twice today and still no luck. :( now I have to walk around with orange hair.

on 3/16/2013 7:16:00 PM

Awesome product. Been dying my hair for years with boxed colors from the drugstore. Finally tried wella after reading many reviews and am very happy. I've usually dyed blonde (naturally a dark blonde and dyed to a medium/light golden blonde) but dyed black last year for a change. This year I was sick of black and missed my blonde and wanted to go back. I bought a box of bleach from the drugstore and ended up looking like carrot top!! Not cool. Tried a brass banisher, and another box of bleach but my hair was still pretty orange. So I did some research and bought a packet of wella's lightening powder and mixed it with a 20 volume bleach and left it on about 30 minutes. That got me almost to the banana yellow stage, with my natural dark blonde roots. Then I deep conditioned and dried my hair and put on 9A, palest ash blonde for about 15 minutes all over my head. It looked a bit dark when I had it in my hair but it rinsed out and dried and I couldn't be happier! I deep conditioned again and left a leave-in conditioner with olive oil in and my hair is so soft and definitely not damaged looking. The smell was a bit strong, but no other complaints. Highly recommended :)

on 3/12/2013 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Yesterday I had used a garnier nutrisse white chocolate, which is quite the beautiful colour, but just not for me it washed me out so much! So I settled on going to sallys and getting a shade that wasn't ashy anymore as I figured i'd end up with white hair so I decided that a honey blonde it was! I picked up the shade 1036and put it on my hair for around 15 minutes and problem solved! Beautiful summer blonde hair and no brasiness to my surprise, as I still had some red undertones from a previous dye. My only complain is the smell its horribly overwelming!

on 5/21/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Love this. I use the Frosty Ash to get my hair white/silver. Only thing bad about this is that it does have some gray undertones but if I wash my hair with blue/purple shampoo after using it my hair turns back to white. The price on this is great. Cheap. Been using it for about a year now. I put it over bleached hair. I use it about every three to six months for some touch up on my hair that has some yellow tones. It also works good for getting blue and purples out of your hair. Doesn't work well on getting your hair from red to blonde. I would recommend this for people who want white or silver hair. But you must use bleach first.

Popular Hair Color Products