April 19, 2014 | 1025 users online

Treatments - Aloette - Restorative Enzyme Peel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This stuff is crazy amazing, and after the epic number of fails I've had in the skincare world over the past 20 years, that's saying a lot. I ordered this on some home shopping channel one night when it was buy one get one (little did I know what a deal I was getting at the time - I had never heard of Aloette before). Initially when it arrived, I was confused and a little scared to try it. I have acne-prone, oily/combination skin, and this stuff really looks like it would make it worse. It looks exactly like green jello - like goopy, green, slimy jello that would piss off my skin by being greasy and clogging my pores. But it's anything but. It's amazing. You start applying this clear green goop and suddenly it feels like it has exfoliating particles in it: newsflash, they're not exfoliating particles, they're your dead skin cells. So gross. I keep applying and massaging in and rinsing off until I get NO MORE yucky particles coming off. It's painless, does not tingle, does not have any smell. And it's more incredibly effective than any other manual or chemical exfoliant that I have ever tried. It's not here to moisturize your skin, but that's good in my case - and if you do mositurize, it will definitely soak in better after this treatment. It doesn't make your skin greasy or anything - it just exfoliates. I can't say enough good things about it. It also lasted me a very long time. It is so worth the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this peel for 8 years and consider this one of my desert island items - gentle, soothing, and leaves the skin soft smooth and hydrated. I have sensitive skin but find this gentle enough to use 2-3 times a week.

However I am taking 1 lippie off because it contains Diazolidinyl Urea, a formaldehyde releasing preservative.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol, Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Papain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Grapefruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Blue 1, Yellow 5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by shereemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awsome.i use it almost everyday and it does wonders for my skin.but i don't only use this to get rid of my acne i have other products by this brand too.im 16 almost 17 and my acne is pretty much almost gone since im growing into a women and this product helps so much.i never purchased it it was given to my mom,well actually my mom bout it at a yard sell with the othr products that i have from the brand.anyways i LOVE IT,i really recommend this for other people especially teenagers who are having trouble with their acne and this product i think will definently give them a boost.thank god that the bucket that the lady gave my mom had to glass containers full of this so i wont be running out anytime soon and i will stop useing it everyday just to save some for hard times..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dkiefer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product... I have been using Aloette products since I was 12 because my mother is a distributor or consultant or whatever they are called... but now that I am 42, I truly appreciate all her nagging about Skincare!! I even went on to becoming a Master Esthetician.

This product is PERFECT for rolling off the old dead skin cells and preparing the skin for product nourishment reception. It is SOOOO gentle for any skin type and the smell is AWESOME... they just came out with a Dragon Berry Enzyme Peel that is just as awesome and in some ways, I believe activates quicker... could just be me though... anywho... You will NOT regret getting this product. I use it Every Other Day and it NEVER makes my skin red or irritated... this stuff is the real deal!!!

I agree with some other folks... the product is A+++ but the glass jar is a pain and product distribution is not so useful when you are using a spatula. I prefer squeezing product from a tube so I have better control. A pump that distributes an even amount each time that pretty much guarantees a certain amount of uses each container would be nice. Supposedly there is 30 applications per container... Not sure if that is how many I get as I go through a jar once a month... and YES... it is very much worth the $46 bucks each time (and no... my mom does not give me a discount LOL)!!! And I have permanently have switched from the Green gel to the Dragon Berry... It just smells so much better and the activation, like I said before, seems to be quicker.

I know that once you try it... you will be hooked just like me! It has become my FAVORITE product of all time... I am 42 years old and have not ONE wrinkle! And I attribute it to my peel that I do every other day!

Good luck and enjoy it!!!

Regards,

Donna

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

This stuff is fun. I'm in the UK and had to get it on ebay, and I was worried it wouldn't be the real deal, but as it turned out it was. The way your skin balls up is cool. Top tip - it won't work unless your skin is bone dry. I'd probably buy this again some time if I could get hold of it easily. It'd be better if it came in a tube or something though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

This is in my opinion the best Aloette product yet! you can actually see the dead skin being rolled off your face. I even use it on my bf face when i give him a facial! he loves it. Very expensive but worth every dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this product on ebay .I used it for the first time last night. Woweee! It's really amazing stuff and does exactly what it says it's going to do. The dead skin on my face beat a hasty retreat as soon as my fingers started doing the walking with this fresh smelling gel. It's a strange but exhilarating feeling to actually roll dead skin cells right off of my mug.My skin is very sensitive to any type of exfoliatiators/scrubs so I am really pleased to report that I had a pain free experience with this product. My skin was smooth and radiant and my makeup glided on without a hitch this morning. This peel has found its way into my heart and skincare regimen. Thanks Aloette.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by madmamma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have sensitive skin and cannot use scrubs, but this formula with a high concentration of aloe vera gel is great. It leaves your face feeling cooled and refreshed. My only complaint is that it's pricey (for me) and sometimes I wish it was a little stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lucylucylou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this, stuff using it once a week, I use it every morning before I put my moisturiser and make up on.
Blooming marvellous, great for sensitive skin. I use a tiny amount, rub till it goes very liquid (in a matter of seconds) then keep rubbing as the dry skin balls up and drops off.
Nothing that I've ever tried (and I've thrown money at it) has ever made my face look or feel better and ready for make up. My only bug bear is that as I'm UK based I have a hard time getting hold of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by CharleneAloetteRep

I was introduce to this product before I became a consultant and I love it. I use it on my face, neck, elbows, knees, and ankles. I pretty use everywhere you would need to exfoliate. I like how after washing it off you skin is not dry. My skin is very acne prone and anything can make the condition worst. I like to use it before a date because because it makes my skin glow and appear smooth.