January 30, 2015 | 1801 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2015 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try Cetaphil for awhile, the only set back for me has been the price. But I decided to give it a shot, I have oily acne prone skin. I want to be able to say this is like a miracle product but it hasn't done much with my acne. I will say that it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin which is good. I've only been using it for a month so maybe I should just wait for improvement because right now my feeling are mixed. I will keep using it and see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this cleanser because people keep raving about it on Youtube and on forums, so I caved and decided to try it out for myself. Used this with my clarisonic cleansing tool and it made my skin more oily than it naturally is, causing my skin to break out very badly. Once I stopped using this my skin has cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Ehg23

I suffered terribly with acne and was put on the miracle drug Roaccutane by my dermatologist. This cleanser used with a small amount of water as a face wash twice a day soothed my skin, removed last traces of make up and reduced redness whilst on the medication. Now I've been off the medication 6 months and have super clear skin I still use this twice a day as it keeps my skin soft and smooth. This stuff is incredible for sensitive skin and calming spot prone pores

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 5:53:00 PM More reviews by fettcourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just bought this since I ran out of my normal wash. I had a coupon and got it for 2 bucks. This stuff is pretty good on my oily skin. However, I still have red face but it is lessened. Overall, good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 11:49:00 PM More reviews by yenvyme80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the absolute best. I always come right back to it. You get a lot of product for your money!!! And it works a gem ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am the kind of gal with EXTREMLY oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Almost every face product I use breaks me out. I first bought this because I needed a new face wash and I haven't found "the one" yet. Let me just start by saying the very first day I used it, everything was fine. It cleansed my skin, and didn't excessively dry it out. After about 3 days using it, I started noticing that I was getting little red bumps along my forehead and temples. I just thought "oh well it's probably another breakout time." I used it for a week and that's when I knew my this face wash was causing all the pimples on my face! It broke me out into cystic acne which is not fun by the way. Ever since I stopped using this and switched to my Neutrogena one, my face has gotten so much better. I will be giving this to a friend or a family member. And I am Disappointed also because none of Cetaphil's products work with my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have had high hopes of this given it is said in the packaging that it foams. But it doesn't.. it's no different from the ones for normal skin but just more expensive.

I don't like cetaphil cleansers and cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Katelyn1234

I've had acne since 5th or 6th grade. I went on Accutane in the 8th grade and that helped tremendously. Since this past summer, my skin has been a terrible mess. Not as bad as 8th grade, but pretty rough. It leaves purple scarring on my paler skin in the winter. It all started in August of this year. I started to get smaller pimples that kept getting worse. It is now November 29th, and has just progressed even worse. I am on doxycycline right now and have been on that for 19-20 days, but it hasn't really kicked in. I also use clindamycin twice a day. It's extremely frustrating but I know I just have to be patient. This cleanser is very gentle and gets my makeup off perfectly. I was using too many harsh chemicals on my face. This definitely helps to dry them up and makes my feel really soft and less oily, without over drying the rest of my face. I used benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other chemicals, they just made my face extremely red and made my acne look way worse. Honestly, the simpler, the better. It will do way less harm to your skin in the long run. I have learned my lesson that this summer, I am going to cover my face with sun screen and wear a hat. I think that's why I break out so bad after Summer, because I simply don't protect my skin and all of that sweat builds up in my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many cleansers for my acne-prone skin over the past years but never could find one that I could remain loyal to. I've finally settled on this one as being the best one for me since it doesn't overly dry my skin or cause it to break out. It's not the greatest at removing makeup the first time, so I usually find myself cleansing my face a second time just to make sure I've removed it all. Occasionally, I will mix this cleanser with regular table salt to exfoliate my skin. This is the only cleanser I've used for the past year and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by xlieuax

A non comedogenic product so it does not cause more spots so it's a good option for acne prone skin like mine. I use this with a facial sponge to work it in the skin as the product doesn't lather. I use this daily, and once a week I use a facial scrub. It doesn't irritate my skin and is perfume free which is great for me. You'll also notice that it contains the least amount of ingredients so it's the most gentle cleanser great for those who have sensitive skin