September 2, 2014 | 1999 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Emjoi - Facial Hair Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by sara20g

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The emjoi epilator is great at removing hair quickly, and at first I loved it. I used it on my upper lip, my cheeks, chin... I like to have a completely smooth face because I find my makeup goes on smoother! Well, I was having such great results that I also tried using it on my legs and bikini line. It worked great there too! For about the first month I owned this, I was in love with it. Fast forward a few weeks... I noticed my legs were getting an awful lot of ingrown hairs, so I stopped using it. Then the ingrown hairs kept coming, and some of them were so bad I can't even see the hair, it is just a gigantic red bump. The legs were the first place to start (I guess my hair there grows the fastest) Next, the same thing happened to my bikini line. It now looks like I have herpes all over my bikini area. What I have been doing to try to fix all the ingrown hair and bumps is to use heat on it, then tweeze them. This left me with some scars though, so I am hesitant to try it anymore. Now, my face is starting to experience the same thing, and it looks like I have really bad acne. My face is so bumpy and irritable. When I look at my face, legs, and bikini line I feel like crying. I tried doing a glycolic peel on my face to unclog the hair follicles, and I think it even made it worse because my skin is so sensitive and inflamed. I wish I had never used this product, and I feel really scared and hopeless about the situation getting better. Everyday that goes by I get more and more ingrown hairs as hair is coming in. I also want to note, that waxing, tweezing, and shaving have never given me this problem. I hate this product with a passion, and I want to urge anyone considering this, to do a patch test first, then wait a couple of weeks. It might seem like a hassle, but trust me, it is sooooo worth it. My skin is a disaster and I now look like I have severe acne and herpes. This is my first review ever, and it is because this is the worst product I have ever encountered :( :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by glitteralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works great. It has a rotating and fast moving tweezer head that plucks hairs quickly from the chin or between the brows. Like waxing or plucking, hairs must be a certain length the be grabbed. Also, like those procedures, it can cause ingrown hairs upon hair regrowth. Its design also has a great safety feature that prevents it from grabbing skin. This product has kept me from tweezing hairs that were not ready, which was creating inflammation and marks under the chin. I use the Emjoi every other night or so after washing my face but before applying any treatments. Must be used on clean skin, best after washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Emjoi Total Tweeze:
(Emjoi Total Tweeze All Over Epilator w/ Lighted Tweezer)

I'm new to epilators but I took PurseBuzz's advice and tried it. It's actually quite good! First, I purchased the Emjoi Gold Caress corded epilator and that works well. However, being a beginner, I made the mistake of trying this on my upper lip. The device was so wide that it caught my actual lip in the rotators and luckily did not cause any harm. However, it was scary enough for me not to do that again.

Instead, I purchased this Emjoi for the upper lip area because it's so narrow. Both of these epilators work great for me. It's definitely painful but not to the point that I can't stand the pain. It's much more convenient than making an appointment at a salon for waxing at twenty bucks a visit. I'd definitely recommend both products with the small warning that you'll need to be able to tolerate a small bit of pain.

I purchased the Emjoi Total Tweeze from QVC for a little less than $30. I got the Emjoi Gold Caress at BeautyChoice for about $70

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by liling1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the Emjoi eMagine Epilator. A new product that recently came out. I was surprised I liked this epilator (or any epilataor for that matter). It turns out I love thing thing!! I primarily wanted something to use for my upper lip hair once in awhile. I was scared to use an epilator, having never used one before. However, I was tired of using hot wax which I find very painful. After waxing, it made my skin red and irritated for several days. This epilator was a breeze to use and it did a great job. Best of all, it was nearly pain free, nothing like waxing was. I would definitely recommend this product. It is very sturdy and well worth the price to me.
Some info about the epilator itself - it is lightweight, sturdy, and not too noisy (as compared to others, which I hear are very noisy). The color I have is red. There are 72 tweezer heads, more than any other ones I've seen out there. The only con is that it is a plug in and does not run on batteries, which doesn't bother me too much. It also has silver ion technology so it has antibacterial protection. If you use an epilator, this one is definitley worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Emjoi, EpiSlim. I got this at Target for $17.99. This works on the fine hair above the lips. It uses 2AA battery. It's a little scary initially because it's a little loud and it spins kind of fast. I felt like it would rip out my skin. Nevertheless, I tried and was very glad that it worked. I was skeptical because I had a similar epilator from a different company and it didn't work at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on a lifetime quest to get rid of my unsightly facial hair e.g. mustache. I used so many products that irritated my skin. So one day while perusing CVS I happened upon this little contraption.

I could not resist so I purchased it for around 50.00 bucks. I took it home read the instructions and began to use it. Wow talk about pain it hurt especially around my lip area which is where I wanted to use it the most. It hurt to the point that I had tears in my eyes. However it did get rid of the hair and so I move on the other parts of my face such as cheeks and chin. I removed all the fine hairs.

I've had the product for about a month and I still have to brace myself when using it on my face but to me the discomfort/pain is so worth not having that annoying facial hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would rate this product as "okay." I have a slight moustache, and this seems to have taken care of it fairly well.

The appliance is a bit loud, and it does hurt some, though IMO not as much as tweezing. It feels sort of like tiny electric shocks on the face.

It's not perfect, but more efficient than conventional tweezing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again and it cost a lot more than it does now - almost $100. I don't have a lot of facial hair but it does a good job of removing what I have (except once I somehow caught some skin in it. OW!) It is also great for removing hair from underarms, bikini area and, of course, legs. Worth every penny in the summer. I now see it advertised for about $30. Not sure if the quality is the same as my four year old expensive one but that hasn't had any problems at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this on my upper lip and chin for about 2 years now with no problems at all. For me this is far less irritating than waxing or hair removal creams/lotions. My skin only gets slightly pink and fades in about 15-20 mins. I splash my face with very cold water afterwards and this seems to help the pinkness fade faster. I also skip using a toner and apply a very light moisturizer afterwards. I'm at the point now where I only have to use it about 1x/month. I got mine at QVC and if it ever does wear out I'll be getting another one for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by minnieny

I wish I could give this a negative million- please STAY AWAY from this product- it will ruin your skin. The way in which it tears the hair follicle out of your skin cause trauma to the skin cells. This product literally ruined my skin, it has taken over a year to heal. I hope that I can steer at least one person away from this product so that they can spare their skin.