August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by catheamazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in 02 Ivory and I have to say the color matches my skin perfectly (I have usually difficulties finding the right color). The only thing I don't like is it does not last whole day on my oily skin. Also the coverage is rather sheer, so it won't work well if you're trying to cover pimples. But I would repurchase (I already did).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the texture of this foundation and the coverage it would be my HG... But the problem are the colours I can only wear this is summer when I am very tanned then I'm a shade #9. I tested other lighter shades for the winter months but in my colour range they are the wrong undertone, too pinky. Such a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Misszeeb

The best foundation I have ever used... And I have tried many. I have combination skin and find it doesn't go dry, oily or oxidise on my skin - great medium coverage that lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by CCbirdie

My HG foundation for sure. I've used this for about 3-4 years now and it is still hands down the best foundation I have used. It leaves a lovely, even dewy sheen to the skin and covers beautifully and gives me a glowing complexion. I mix two colours to get the perfect tone for my skin.
It's certainly not cheap (and I try and get every last drop out of the bottle!), but for the moment I'm happy to fork out for it because I love it so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PlusCelsius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden rule to remember when purchasing a department brand foundation: obtain a SAMPLE in different colors before making any commitment with your purse. Let it be known that I don't trust the lovely reps behind the counters analyzing my color and texture. I received three color samples of this foundation to last me five days in each color. I wear sunscreen and allow it to absorb into the skin before applying makeup. The active ingredient ( i.e. titanium dioxide) in some sunscreens can alter the color of your foundation.

I am neither oily or dry, you can say that I have combination skin. I'm exposed to humidity when outdoors and cool, dry air conditioned air when indoors. This formula is sheer and disappeared within a couple of hours. Perhaps the price justification to this foundation is based on its formula to magically disappear within the allocated time frame of two hours. It left behind a shine as a farewell parting gift. All three samples (recommended by the reps) did not match my skin color. One color sample managed to make me look like I was playing with mud. Fellow purchasers with dryer skin looking for sheer coverage may benefit with Luminous Silk foundation, if they don't mind the short effects under humid conditions. I did purchase the Armani foundation brush. This brush blends very well with sheer formulas but I do not recommend it with thicker formulas, unless you enjoy contending with the never disappearing streaks. Hope this review helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by midwestgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had essentially sworn off foundation for years and years until I went to have a wedding makeup trial and the makeup artist used this product. I purchased it immediately and though the price pinched initially, I in no way regret purchasing it and would happily do so again. I realize I am in part paying for the "designer" name, but this foundation is worth it to me. It is a perfect match for my skin (I use shade 3) and provides coverage that, honestly, I didn't know was possible for me.

I have combination skin and this product strikes a good balance for me. It stays on all day and doesn't seem to transfer very much at all. I don't usually need to set it with powder until much later in the day/early evening, if I need more staying power or a touch-up. I use a flat-top brush to apply and blend this into my skin and go over it with my fingers if need be. I find it very easy to blend and two pumps gives me plenty of coverage. I've received several compliments on my makeup since I began wearing this - no one seems to think i look more made-up, just brighter and more put-together.

For reference, I've tried everything from That Gal! primer alone, Physicians Formula mineral foundation, UD Naked Beauty Balm and L'Oreal BB cream to MAC and NARS powder foundations and this is the first thing I've found that doesn't seriously bum me out in some way. I liked the L'Oreal BB for general, light coverage but this is far and away a better fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by astridbrisson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best foundation yet! Great colour selection, photographs nicely. Gives you a beautiful glow, Lightweight yet decent coverage, doesn't oxidise, stays put all day. Great for your kit and personal use

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by raevon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FAB FAB FAB.
Light weight
Beautiful colour match
No horrible smell
Literallly feels like silk
Medium coverage - great with real techniques foundation brush
No breakouts
Classy packaging
- Bit over priced, £30 would have been suffice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my most favorite foundation ever. It is so natural, doesn't oxidize, doesn't offend my skin, and lasts all day with a primer. The downside is it is expensive and comes in a limited range of shades. I'm an NW20-25 in Mac and wear a 4.75 in Armani. I think I got lucky that the shades do match me. It's a medium coverage foundation and dewey. Not everyone cares for that. I do not see this foundation working out well for people with oily skin. Please note most people who like this foundation are late 20's and up. It is not a teenager foundation. It is great for those who have I guess combination skin. It doesn't sink into any lines and covers any redness and unevenness. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is very similar, with the similar limited range of shade issue (I wear Vanille).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

Gives you no coverage whatsoever not for us oily monsters. If you have perfect skin with minimal flaws this could be the one for you.