August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bridget12xo

I love this product and use it almost everyday! I have thick hair, but the hairs themselves are quite fine and overall, my hair is limp. This spray roughs it up a bit and gives me great texture and a bit more volume. Of course, if you don't have natural waves, this product won't magically give you beachy waves. It will however give you beachy texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mikachu177

I went into sephora with my hair a but damp and decided to try the surf spray. I cut my waist length hair this past year and i loved how beachy waves looked on short hair so i decided why not. this spray made ny hair extremely dry and ill be having a hard time brushing it. i had no beachy waves at all, my hair just was straight and now stringy! do not recommend for thicker hair or any hair..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by zora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

No. Overpriced and ineffectual. There are numerous cheaper products that accomplish more, including salted water in a spraypump if beachy texture is what you're going for. This stuff does nothing except, perhaps, hasten your next shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this product, and it really is disappointing compared to similar products that are much cheaper.

I found this product to make my hair feel kind of gross and dried it up so badly. The smell is ok. I don't know, you can just do a lot better for the price its nothing spectacular.

This really gives your hair the beachy feel though, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but obviously it wasn't directed for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Works okay at giving some definition for a beachy look.

CONS: Price. If I have my natural curls going on, this kinda flattens them out and also makes my hair more limp.

USAGE TIPS: You can spray it in your hand and sort of scrunch, rather than spraying right on hair, and it will give a chunky separation. You can spray it lightly in your hair while you are blowing it around with the dryer to get that surf effect. Just go easy with it either way, especially with fine hair.

ALTERNATES: Pantene has a texturizing spray wax that works almost as well and is much less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by MINX3030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the first time when it came out in the late 90s. Back then I had dreams of moving to California to become a Roxy model and pro surfer -- big dreams, considering that I was in high school in Nebraska at the time.

I didn't become a Roxy model, or a pro surfer, and I never really learned how to make that darn surf spray work for me. Last week, more than a decade older and wiser now, I came across B&B Surf Spray again. I tested it in the store, and right away I could tell that this was not the same spray I used all those years ago. Whereas the SurfSpray of the 90s made my hair feel sticky and limp, the current formulation made my hair feel gritty and, well, FAT. My hair had a bit of texture and a nice "wave" (if you can call it that), falling naturally into a nice bend around the ends.

I'd like to try Surf Spray with the Thickening Spray (another B&B product that I found disappointing in the past). I could see these working beautifully in tandem.

I got this in the mini size in the Surf travel set, but I'll be returning for a full size. The Roxy model in me is stoked!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kouzakat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product, TOO pricey!!
I really wanted to find a product that would give my straight hair beautiful messy waves and that product did the work beautifully,yet pricey.It didn't really work on dry hair, as the became messier and fuller but not wavy and they felt heavy after 1 hour. However, when I used it on damp hair and then tied my hair in 2 buns and let them dry on their own I was amazed! It even lasted for the whole next day! My hair looked wavy,messy but in a good way and fuller without feeling heavy at all! I find it very pricey though, and therefore I would not recommend buying if you don't have money to spend.I will be searching for other similar products that can offer me the same look without having to spend 25 euros and therfore I am not sure whether i would repurchase or not. I have already tried L'oreal paris studio line Matt& Messy spray, didn't work AT ALL for me, found it horrible, and I have also tried 3 homemade sea salt spray recipes but none of them gave me the look I was looking for..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to try this on my fine, stick straight hair. I used it on wet and dry hair and just could not get it to work for me. It has a pleasant light, ocean scent that is not overpowering.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll51

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this cult favourite, but it dries out my hair without enhancing my natural waves/slight curls. I have fine wavy hair that is prone to frizziness and it's always a risk to find a routine that will tame it. I tried to incorporate the surf spray into that routine to enhance the waviness and give my hair that tousled/beach head look, but it didn't work for me at all, even after trying it on dry and wet hair, and following the instructions on all the beauty blogs I could find.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this product everyday and this really gives me wonderful waves! My hair is very thick, frizzy and a bit wavy anyways, but this perfects my waves and hm gives my hair so much more texture and volume! It's wonderful! It doesn't add to my frizz at all and just is really great and whilst the price is its only con, I am willing to shell it out as the product does last a while and is very good.