Phyto Phytophanere Hair/Nails supplement

3.3

on 4/25/2015 5:00:00 AM

I had used this product for about a year, 2 pills a day during two months, stopping for two months, during two months again and so and so forth as recommended by the brand and the pharmacist. My hair did grow faster but I am now suffering horrible side effects: I have very fine hair and it started breaking up, as if it had been burnt. I first blamed my hairdresser!! I thought the last session of highlights had burnt my hair but together we did a brainstorming session, hair that had never been highlighted was also burnt and breaking like glass and we could only conclude that it was the phytophanere treatment. I stopped taking phytophanere six months ago and I now have from the roots 6 centimeters of very healthy hair while the lengths are totally damaged, not even a intensive keratine treatment could fix it. My only solution is to cut my hair as it grows, be patient and never take that product again.

on 3/4/2015 8:49:00 PM

I've been using these for about a month now and I think my nails feel stronger! I've always had terribly weak nails that split and peel before they can grow, but after a bottle of these, I probably have an extra 1-1.5 mm on my nails, which is great progress! I'll repurchase if I can get them on sale.

And here's the nutritional information in case anyone else is trying to compare products before buying. They were difficult to find online so I took these off the back of the bottle.

Vit A 175.5 IU
y-orizanol 5 mg
y-linoleic acid 13.5 mg
eicopentanoic acid 3.2 mg
docahexanoic acid 2.0 mg

Note: doesn't upset my stomach, even if I take it first thing in the morning. Also doesn't give you fish burps like fish oil does.

This came in the Phytocyane set for fine or thinning hair (women) and the whole kit virtually stopped my hair fall and has made it feel slightly thicker, although it's given me dandruff. I guess I'll take dandruff over baldness!

on 12/24/2013 1:16:00 PM

One word: Soy. It's used twice in this product and in it's cheapest and not highly recommended form. Filler crap that really does nothing for you. Also, if you have any issues with your thyroid, this is a NO NO.

There are MUCH better protein sources than Soy they could have used but they went with the cheapest crap out there. Don't be fooled.. I was as I know someone who uses this and has great results but does not have a thyroid condition.

Price is the norm for a supplement, bottle is glass and well made. 2 months supply for $59 which is often 20% off at Ulta.

Damn shame : (

on 12/1/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I bought this to give a boost to my hair. I gave me cystic acne. I blamed the breakouts on my makeup, my sponges, everything... Until I realized it was the supplements!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/22/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looooove this product!! I started taking these a couple years ago and fell in love. Less breakage, less tangles, less hair loss in the shower. My hair became so soft and shiny! Everyone noticed a difference and asked me what I had been doing. I had to stop taking them because they didn't fit into my budget. Then I found them on Amazon for way cheaper than they are in stores. I absolutely love these and I recommend them to everyone. They are seriously a hair miracle. The instructions say to take two every day. But I find that taking two makes me break out. So I take one a day and it still does it's job, just without the breakouts :)

on 6/27/2013 9:57:00 AM

I started taking these supplements four months ago see how they would compare to Viviscal, which had given me good results. At $59 for a 2-month supply, Phytophanere worked out to be a little bit cheaper. Plus the pills are smaller and easier to take, and you only have to take your dose once a day whereas Viviscal is a twice-a-day supplement. But even though Phytophanere is cheaper and more convenient, I would recommend Viviscal over Phytophanere and here is why:
Results- Phytophanere asks you to wait 4 months to see a difference, Viviscal asks for 3. I was seeing a noticeable increase in hair growth well before I had reached the 3-month mark with Viviscal, with Phytophanere it's been 4 full months and my hair is not growing faster at all. I can tell because I color my hair and it's easy for me to gauge how fast my hair is growing based on how fast my roots come in. I will say this about my growth from Phytophanere though, my hair seems a lot stronger at the roots because I'm experiencing far less hair breakage than I used to. However, my hair is now also drier and less manageable at the roots which is a new problem I've never had before. It's made styling more difficult.
Side Effects- okay, this product caused all kinds of weird & embarrassing side effects that I kind of don't want to talk about but I want to be 100% honest so here goes. One, taking Phytophanere made my periods irregular which freaked me out. Nothing has ever affected my periods before except BCP which is a doctor-prescribed medication, these are just vitamins! That alone makes me not want to buy them again. Also (this is bad), taking these supplements made my urine reek horribly and sometimes it would actually burn. Do you really want to be dealing with that? I'm not a doctor, but that can't be good. I had none of these problems with Viviscal- in fact I had no side effects with Viviscal at all.
One more thing about Phytophanere, the instructions recommend that you take the pills in the morning- do that. Something about this stuff requires you to be awake and moving around and not asleep. I found the side effects weren't quite as bad if I took it right when I woke up. It really makes a difference.
In short, I cannot recommend this product based on my experience with it. The results are unimpressive and the side effects just make it not worth it. If you're looking for a hair supplement that actually works and won't wreak havoc on your system with a bunch of weird and surprising side effects, go with Viviscal. Don't waste your time with this like I did.

on 12/3/2012 12:21:00 PM

I used to have a crystal clear skin .. But after taking these vitamins for 3 weeks, it broke me out badly :( my hair grows faster, but it became a LOT oilier and shinier. My dry skin became oily .. :( upset with this product

on 10/18/2012 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been taking those for 2 months now and see no results YET. I will follow and keep taking them for another 2 months and update after that but for now i am not happy with them.
I have very thin fine hair that grow really slow if at all. I always had problem with shedding and breakage as well. I moved to UK 5 months ago and the hard water and weather made my hair worst than ever so i decide to start those after reading the reviews here.
Nothing change for the two months i am taking this vitamins ( even my body hair grows as normal ) but anyway will update ones i complite the recommended 4 months.
UPDATE - finish the all 4 months and for me this was waste of time. Nothing change !,

on 2/13/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh em gee to the people scared about taking this because of hydrogenated oil - seriously. It is sixth on the ingredients list. The contents of one pill would weight no more then one gram..you're probably looking at .1 of a gram max per pill..nothing to even raise an eyebrow at. Have less margarine on your toast in the morning and stop over-reacting.

on 2/7/2012 3:17:00 PM

I've finished the second bottle and won't buy again. They have hydrogenated oil in them, they did nothing for my hair loss and are not cheap either.

Top Rated Phyto Products