October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Hair - Phyto - Phytophanere Hair/Nails supplement

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: Soy. It's used twice in this product and in it's cheapest and not highly recommended form. Filler crap that really does nothing for you. Also, if you have any issues with your thyroid, this is a NO NO.

There are MUCH better protein sources than Soy they could have used but they went with the cheapest crap out there. Don't be fooled.. I was as I know someone who uses this and has great results but does not have a thyroid condition.

Price is the norm for a supplement, bottle is glass and well made. 2 months supply for $59 which is often 20% off at Ulta.

Damn shame : (

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to give a boost to my hair. I gave me cystic acne. I blamed the breakouts on my makeup, my sponges, everything... Until I realized it was the supplements!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by christinaccar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I looooove this product!! I started taking these a couple years ago and fell in love. Less breakage, less tangles, less hair loss in the shower. My hair became so soft and shiny! Everyone noticed a difference and asked me what I had been doing. I had to stop taking them because they didn't fit into my budget. Then I found them on Amazon for way cheaper than they are in stores. I absolutely love these and I recommend them to everyone. They are seriously a hair miracle. The instructions say to take two every day. But I find that taking two makes me break out. So I take one a day and it still does it's job, just without the breakouts :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I started taking these supplements four months ago see how they would compare to Viviscal, which had given me good results. At $59 for a 2-month supply, Phytophanere worked out to be a little bit cheaper. Plus the pills are smaller and easier to take, and you only have to take your dose once a day whereas Viviscal is a twice-a-day supplement. But even though Phytophanere is cheaper and more convenient, I would recommend Viviscal over Phytophanere and here is why:
Results- Phytophanere asks you to wait 4 months to see a difference, Viviscal asks for 3. I was seeing a noticeable increase in hair growth well before I had reached the 3-month mark with Viviscal, with Phytophanere it's been 4 full months and my hair is not growing faster at all. I can tell because I color my hair and it's easy for me to gauge how fast my hair is growing based on how fast my roots come in. I will say this about my growth from Phytophanere though, my hair seems a lot stronger at the roots because I'm experiencing far less hair breakage than I used to. However, my hair is now also drier and less manageable at the roots which is a new problem I've never had before. It's made styling more difficult.
Side Effects- okay, this product caused all kinds of weird & embarrassing side effects that I kind of don't want to talk about but I want to be 100% honest so here goes. One, taking Phytophanere made my periods irregular which freaked me out. Nothing has ever affected my periods before except BCP which is a doctor-prescribed medication, these are just vitamins! That alone makes me not want to buy them again. Also (this is bad), taking these supplements made my urine reek horribly and sometimes it would actually burn. Do you really want to be dealing with that? I'm not a doctor, but that can't be good. I had none of these problems with Viviscal- in fact I had no side effects with Viviscal at all.
One more thing about Phytophanere, the instructions recommend that you take the pills in the morning- do that. Something about this stuff requires you to be awake and moving around and not asleep. I found the side effects weren't quite as bad if I took it right when I woke up. It really makes a difference.
In short, I cannot recommend this product based on my experience with it. The results are unimpressive and the side effects just make it not worth it. If you're looking for a hair supplement that actually works and won't wreak havoc on your system with a bunch of weird and surprising side effects, go with Viviscal. Don't waste your time with this like I did.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mintchyy

I used to have a crystal clear skin .. But after taking these vitamins for 3 weeks, it broke me out badly :( my hair grows faster, but it became a LOT oilier and shinier. My dry skin became oily .. :( upset with this product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been taking those for 2 months now and see no results YET. I will follow and keep taking them for another 2 months and update after that but for now i am not happy with them.
I have very thin fine hair that grow really slow if at all. I always had problem with shedding and breakage as well. I moved to UK 5 months ago and the hard water and weather made my hair worst than ever so i decide to start those after reading the reviews here.
Nothing change for the two months i am taking this vitamins ( even my body hair grows as normal ) but anyway will update ones i complite the recommended 4 months.
UPDATE - finish the all 4 months and for me this was waste of time. Nothing change !,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Mouldy

Oh em gee to the people scared about taking this because of hydrogenated oil - seriously. It is sixth on the ingredients list. The contents of one pill would weight no more then one gram..you're probably looking at .1 of a gram max per pill..nothing to even raise an eyebrow at. Have less margarine on your toast in the morning and stop over-reacting.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I've finished the second bottle and won't buy again. They have hydrogenated oil in them, they did nothing for my hair loss and are not cheap either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by fifilane11996

i have been using this product for about 1 month and 1 week now. before these pills i had thin, weak nails that didn't grow, and now, my nails are incredibly long and strong and flexible. not only that! my hair! before the pills, my hair was very dry, and after a month and a week, my hair feels supple and soft, and has grown a whole inch. normally, your hair grows .5 inches every month, if not, less. it is incredible how long my hair got. i am in LOVE with these pills. although they are extremely expensive, i gave them 5 lippies because of how effective they are. i definitely recommend these pills. tell your friends, your sisters, everyone. very girl wants beautiful nails and hair. thank you phyto. these pills are a Miracle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tali07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been taking these supplements for 2 months now and I can say they have helped my hair drastically. My natural hair is almost black and has always been very long. 3 years ago I decided to start getting blonde highlights ( at this time my hair was half-way down my back and my natural color) I got highlights for 6 months and by that time my whole head was platinum blonde and a little past shoulder length from all the breakage that was occurring. Ever since that time my hair has always shed a lot and been extremely slow growing. Since I started taking these supplements 2 months ago I noticed WAY LESS shedding when brushing my hair and when in the shower and also I've noticed my hair growing at a much faster rate (probably grown 2 inches in 2 months) I haven't really seen the benefits to my nails or skin but then again I haven't really been paying attention to those as closely.