October 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - Hydrating B5 Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a samle of this from Equinox Spa and was told it is great to use every day, right after washing my face and before applying sunscreen and moisturizer.
I am not sure I noticed any difference.. I used for about a month, then noticed few breakouts. I stopped using it, and my face got better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finishing a bottle now and I just don't know. I usually use this after doing a home peel. Pros: no breakouts, not sticky, no bad reactions from my sensitive skin. Cons: No longer-term benefits realized, not moisturizing, expensive. I just haven't had good luck with Skinceutical products (4 different). They don't make my skin worse, but the benefits are negligible given the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells like nothing, yet hydrates. i love how it unscented, really looks like water and smells like water. this is perfect after using the CE Feurlic for day time. this is also good to use after a mud mask when ur face is dried out or peeling. good all-time life savour! love all skinceuticals packaging, practical, simple, not silly looking or wannabe-luxe. I always ask for the samples (as they are mini droplet versions of originals) at my local skinceuticals skincare centre and i always transfer to the small bottle and leave the original in the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this!
I have combo skin (dry cheeks and oily t zone), this is a great addition before moisturizer. It keeps my skin hydrated thus use less of the moisturizer. Sometimes I can skip moisturizer and add SPF and be on my way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by hazel416

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my fifth bottle already - this stuff really moisturizes and sinks into your skin almost immediately! I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate in any way - my holy grail. The only downside is that it is quite pricey, but I do keep going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by viveroo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, pricey but I do notice that my skin is more hydrated. A couple drops is enough for the whole face. I mist my face with rose water before use (AM and PM). Then normal night time moisturiser (PM) or SPF day moisturiser (AM). Just at the end of my first bottle and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by HudaYassin

Firstly...I don't think this product is bad..it does the job but in terms of price and better products out there with a similar niche..it does NOT rate that high.
I have been using this religiously for the past year, morning and night followed by a moisturiser. It sinks in well like your typical low molecular weight serum by leaving the skin surface almost dry for your moisturiser to sink in to and form its barrier.
Pros:
-after two weeks I didn't have to put as much moisturiser on
-no break out or skin irritation

Cons:
-pricey for hyaluronate to be far down ingredient list
-dropper is a bit fidly ... It dispenses way too much :/

On the quest for a better HYDRATING serum with low molecular weight particles to seep right through the dermis with other nice properties I came across two..both PRICEY but well worth it as they do the skinceutical hydrating b5's job but I promise 10x better. Dermaquest advanced hydrating B5 gel (hyaluronate way up in the ingredients list) and Dr Sebagah hyaluronic acid serum.
After trying these two ^ above you will feel that ..skinceuticals b5 and dermalogica hydrating booster are both a waste of money for what they claim.
Hope this has been helpful.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I deicided to re-write my original review, because I love this product. I literally saves my skin every time and this is one of the staple products in my skincare regimen.

My skin is very sensitive, acne-prone, dehydrated oily to combo skin. On top of that, I have rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Needless to say skincare is difficult for me.

I discovered the Hydrating B5 by getting a sample. I had perpetually dehydrated skin and nothing really helped my skin. Being as sensitive as my skin is, I had a hard time finding a good moisturizing serum. I tried Caudalie, Vichy, Avene, Hydraluron and some more, but non of these worked.

As my rosacea broke out, I had a 2 months flare with burning skin an my skin refused every skincare item. But somehow the Hydrating B5 worked for my skin. I use it underneath my moisturizer, La Roche Posay Toleriane fluid, and this combo works for my skin.

It keeps my skin calm, calms it down when I have a flare or dehydrated, stressed skin. And the best thing is that my skin is actually properly moisturized and plump. Something I never thought could be possible.

This is not a moisturizer on its own unless you have extremely oily skin that doesn´t need a moisturizer.

As you see, I loved this serum very much as it helped my skin so much on a daily base.

But experienced, how truly ingenious this product is as I got a laser treatment.

My skin has been undergoing a ruby laser treatment for my sun spots and pigmentation. If you ever had one of these, you know the side effects: Burning, tight, dry and uncomfortable skin. I had around 80 spots removed mainly on my cheek areas.

My skin was burning and aching after the treatment and skincare was very difficult for the sensitized skin. Enter Hydrating B5. This really is a post laser skincare jewel that eased my skin and kept it moisturized and in the best form possible after such a treatment.

The minimalistic ingredients which include hyaluronic acid, vitamin b5 and glycerin hydrate and soothe the skin. I felt that it moisturizes my skin and repairs my skin barrier at the same time.

As I said, I use it in combinaton with the La Roche Posay Toleriane fluid. I use it in the morning and / or the evening depending on my skin´s needs on damp skin after cleansing and before my moisturizer.
When my skin is extremely dehydrated, I do the following thing in my evening routine: I cleanse my face, leave it damp and put a layer of the hydrating B5 serum on. I wait 10 minutes and put another layer of the serum on and let it sink in. Then I follow with my moisturizer.

In the past I always tried tons of moisturizing masks to get rid of the dehydration. Now that I use this serum, I don´t need a moisturizing mask anymore. The serum moisturizes your skin during day and night, while a mask only leaves a temporary effect on my skin. That´s why I never managed to get rid of my dehydration with masks.

I have other SkinCeuticals serums I use in rotation with this one as my skin seems to like the SkinCeuticals serums.

Let´s be honest, this stuff is expensive. Period. But I get results from this which are worth the price. And I use the bottle up and buy it again. Not like other products, which didn´t work and were thrown away only half-empty.

I don´t use that many products now and only choose minimalistic products with less ingredients. I invest in high quality products and use less products.
This has been a lifesaver for my skin, but I know that everyones skin is different and what works for me might not work for other people. Keep in mind that not everyones skin loves glycerin or hyaluronic acid and try to get a sample first.

I recommend this for people with sensitive, dehydrated and problematic skin as this is a minimalistic yet powerful product.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

- Unfortunately I've changed rating from 5 stars to 3-4... it's a great product but the bottle dispenses too much and I'm finding that I'm running out quite quickly. For a product so expensive it's usually designed better so you get the right amount as it's quite expensive to keep repurchasing!
This was recommended to me for dry skin even though I have combination skin type (oily t-zone). I was told that skin is like a prune, when a prune dries up, it shrivels up/wrinkles. So if your skin becomes drier, you will get more wrinkles but if plumped up with moisture, a prune won't shrink! I use it mainly for non-tzone areas and love it. Keeps my skin feeling really fresh and hydrated. Use this twice a day and also get more of a glow now when I wear make up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by litho14p

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This I used with theCFerulic acid and even though I hated the CFerulic I did like the B5 hydrating gel. The gel glides on and calms your skin. It leaves a nice smooth canvas for your daily SPF.and at night I add my nighttime moisturizer. Great product.