November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Extra Emollient Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

Note: Hmmm, my tube is orange in color, but it says right there on the front "Extra Emollient Night Cream." ...must be older/newer than the photo listed.

This cream is extra thick, so greasy, so heavy and absolutely sits on top of the skin, seemingly never absorbing. I have oily/combo skin, but like most people, I have drier spots on my body. For instance, my heels. I use this cream in conjunction with the Mary Kay Hand Smoothie, but on my feet. I slather this cream on to my feet, put on a nice thick pair of socks and go to bed. It does soften my feet, but is no miracle product. I probably wouldn't repurchase. It was a gift.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've literally been using this product for almost 20 years. My mom used to be a Mary Kay consultant when I was a kid, and when she saw that my hands were dry and cracked in winter one year, she got me some Extra Emollient Night Cream. I've been using it ever since.

If you have super dry skin that cracks and bleeds from cold weather or a lot of hand-washing, this product is seriously perfect. It is gentle enough to use even on your face, which I definitely do in the colder months. I'll often apply this to my face, hands, and lips before bed. When I wake up in the morning, I can already notice a difference in my skin. It feels softer and the overall appearance is healthier and less irritated. I've been lending it to my husband because his face tends to be very dry, too, and he's seen similar results.

It's also one of the best lip balms that I have ever used. I use it every night before bed and, on days when my lips are very chapped, I'll carry it and apply it all day. It always does the trick.

At $14 a tube, it's a very affordable and effective night cream. I can't recommend this product enough. I will continue repurchasing forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by TyndallA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm absolutely in LOVE with this product. I got the sample size, not knowing if my super sensitive skin would agree with it, but I'm so in love. My skin is pretty dry, and after being in the sun and accidentally not wearing sunscreen, not only did my skin BLISTER up, but I had a Horrible sunburn and this stuff was a lifesaver!!!! I did have to reapply every couple hours and it IS greasy, but it hydrated my skin beautifully and had me peeling within a couple days. It was a dream come true finding this amazing product. Highly recommend even though the price is a bit busty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 More reviews by sgmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff! Awesome for my very dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Suzanne326

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yup, the smells awful, but the product takes great care at repairing bad dry spots! The smell is pretty bad though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh dear god, the smell! Awful, old lady strong hairspray smell, overpowering and just terrible. However, if you can stomach it, this product is excellent for very dry or peeling skin on your feet and elbows. It works wonders and like nothing else I have tried. I apply a little to my feet at bedtime, two nights in a row, cover with socks and hey presto - perfect feet! I would not put this on my face, I have dry skin, however it has petrolatum as it's main ingredient. I will repurchase. I am taking one lippy off for the smell. Come on Mary Kay ... ditch the scent already!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jaymunjal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used it as a lipcare products. I didn't like having to apply it with my fingers for that purpose, but it wasn't made for that purpose.

- Has an old lady smell that I do not like
- Feels incredibly smooth and so moisturizing that it seemingly plumped my lips
- Feels better than Vaseline
- Sits on lips; does not completely soak in
- Gives lips a natural sheen
- Need to reapply every hour or two; too often for my taste
- Do not think it actually adds moisture, just feels like it does

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It works wonders for my son's eczema. If I put it on him at night, he feels 95% better my morning. Also use it on my cuticles and heels. It is really greasy and isn't absorbed 100% into skin, but that's fine with me. Oh..,I also use it on severely chapped lips. When applied at night, heals by morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really nervous to try this stuff on my skin considering I am pretty acne-prone (and have combination skin.. how fun..) but i was basically out of options. I have tried expensive acne medications and emollient moisturizers for my cheeks with little to no results. The chapped skin around my cheeks was really bothering me so I began using Vaseline. While I love Vaseline for its other uses, it feels to greasy on my face and gets everywhere on my pillow. Fast forward to being introduced to this stuff. It is pink, smells good, and has a less-greasy consistency when compared to Vaseline. I wash my face, apply witch hazel, and rub a tiny bit of this on my face while it is still wet and sleep with it on. Just make sure to exfoliate with a scrub or clarisonic in the morning! Not only are my cheeks patch-free, my breakouts are few and far between. This is not some miraculous I-just-tried-this-once miracle, I have used an entire tube of this stuff over the past year and just repurchased. I do NOT know how it works, but it does. Give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have eczem so I need heavy duty moisturizers when I have flare ups. This works great! I put it on at night and wake up with the eczema gone. HOWEVER...the smell is awful. It has this way too floral grandma scent. I would have given it 5 lipsticks but the smell...