Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the small travel size to try out before dropping $20 on this product-and im sure glad I did. Although it smelled great, it didn't do much for my bleached, over processed hair besides make it sticky and tangly. My garnier mask works better. I am very disappointed :(

It is more on the pricey side but it works well. Smells good, thick so you can distribute it through the hair, but still rinses out with no residue and gives good results. I use it once a week and always follow with a deep conditioner (a necessity!). I've been using it for probably two years now and it's my favorite out of the protein treatments I've tried. I think it's pretty much the gold standard for weekly protein treatments.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have short hair that became excessively damaged and just melted off at the crown due to trying to correct a bleaching/coloring mistake.
I bought this to help correct the damage and to get my hair to feel like hair again as I grew new hair.
I love it.
It works great for me.
I use it 2x a week.

I dye my hair regularly and this stuff is absolutely amazing. First of all, THE SMELL. This the best product I have ever smelled in my entire life and I'm not even kidding. It smells really tropical and fruity, I love it! This product repairs damaged hair and also strengthens it. It keeps my hair in good condition even though I dye it. Because my hair is not that damaged, I use it once a month. The price is expansive and the bottle may seem small but it lasts for a long time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

So I never write reviews. This is actually my first review ever! So I decided to write a review on this product because it has literally, I mean literally saved my hair's life. I have dyed my hair more than probably the population of the earth times 1,000. I have tried every product, expensive and cheap, in stores and DIY. None of them have have ever come remotely close to Joico.

I am super jealous and envious of Kourtney Kardashian's hair and I have always read that she uses Joico and I have always been on the fence about buying it because it is a little bit on the pricy side. So after reading review after review on this product I had finally made up my mind. On the Ulta website, it said it was around $16-17 but when I got to the store I saw that is was in fact $28. So I decided to buy 2 of the little travel size ones(each $4.99).

So later that night when it was time to use it, I washed my hair with just a simple clarifying shampoo (Suave) and then I put a fairly generous amount in my hair. I'd say the size of about 2 quarters. Then I pulled it in a hair tie and shaved one leg. The directions say to leave it in about 5 minutes but the girl at Ulta said leave it in as long as you can. So I left it in a little bit longer than 5 minutes, not much longer though. I rinsed it out and I could already feel a huge difference! Because it is protein, you need to use a good hydrating/deep conditioner after because too much protein is bad for your hair as well. My addiction is to the Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioning treatment in Moist ($3.00 at Walmart). This stuff is absolutely amazing. So I put that on my hair after I rinsed out the Joico and tied it up again and shaved my other leg. I rinsed out again and my hair had done a 360 transformation! I couldn't believe it!

After I had towel dried it, I also use the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in conditioner because of my such badly damaged hair. Again, you don't want to use this every single night. After a while, my hair wasn't as wet. I could actually run my fingers through it without clumps coming out and hearing strands snap off.

I have layered hair and its pretty choppy so the layers in my front are a little bit more damaged for whatever reason. This was the only section of my hair that still felt a little gummy/gross. Over the summer, I happened to stumble across a little heaven sent gift! It's called Biotin and Collagen Weightless Healing Oil Mist by OGX (around $5.00 at Walmart). This stuff smells so good I just want to bath in it and smell like it for the rest of my life! But it makes your hair so beyond soft it's not even funny. I highly highly highly recommend it.

I have only used the Joico K-PAC Deep Penetrating Reconstructor once and my hair is not 100% back to normal, but let me tell you. Its about 95% better with just one use.

So all together in order I used the following:

1) Suave Clarifying Shampoo
2) Joico K-PAC Deep Penetrating Reconstructor for around 5 minutes pulled up
3) Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioning treatment in Moist for another 5 minutes (give or take) pulled up
4) Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in conditioner
5) Biotin and Collagen Weightless Healing Oil Mist by OGX

This saved my hair several times.
No matter what I use I always come back to joico. Their stuff is just amazing and it smells so good!
The only con is that the package is hard to open and if you don't cut the opening to use the remaining product you will waste loads of it.

First off, I've been using joico products for 10+ years. Joico is amazing as long as you know how to use their products. For the comments saying the product they have it watery, runny ect. Usually when this product has a LONG shelf life the ingredients separate and it becomes a watery like texture. Try shaking it up for a minute if not it may be expired, return it and request a new one if this is the case for anyone. But to review the product I use this frequently but with that being said, my hair loves protein. Others don't, simple. It should only be applied for 5 minutes after shampooing and I usually do a light condition after just to make my hair extra soft. My hair is so healthy, it's almost down to my butt and no split ends. This product is great if you use it correctly, don't over use it or your hair can become straw like from over protein. I use it once a week usually. If you have damaged, dry, brittle hair, it's worth trying. Use it correctly and it will help rebuild your hair. Also, try joicos 4 step system 1. Shampoo for 5 minutes 2. Cuticle sealer (restores pH balance) for five minutes 3. Reconstructor for five minutes 4. Intense hydrator for 5 minutes. Also, try using with joico K-Pac shampoo and conditioner!

I used this as a mask and I loved the effect it gave to my hair. It became softer and thicker. I used it for about 6 minutes in my hair since I read that you shouldn't use this type of mask for longer than 10 minutes. I couldn't get this thickening effect from any other mask I have so I'm definitely repurchasing!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good product. It must be noted that my hair loves protein. I think a lot of the reviewers have hair that may be protein sensitive or something. Anyway, I follow a mostly protein regimen. For example, in a month I will use protein 3 times (I wash my hair once a week) and just a moisturizing mask once. That being said, this is a good protein treatment but not a great one. And it is kinda expensive. I purchased this from Ulta. It certainly gives my hair strength but I do always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner like the one from Kenra. I guess I'm just saying that there are a bunch of protein treatments on the market. Yes I would purchase this again as I think the squeeze tube is genius. I hate having to deal with tubs in the shower. Joico makes good products and my hair feels good when I use this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bleach my hair and it's dry, damaged and over processed of course. I use the orginal formula all gold tube. I love this. Gives my hair body doesn't way it down. Looks healthy and shiny. I use it 4 times a week. I leave it in once a week for 5 minutes, and the other 3 times maybe a little over a minute. Rubbing through the top to the roots. Not a lot of product. Maybe a quarter size amount. I have shoulder length hair.
If it's old stock it will seperate. When it's fresh it will not. Maybe some reviewers bought old stock. I shake before using.
IMO I think this works excellent for platinum blondes.