March 1, 2015 | 1273 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2015 7:08:00 PM More reviews by aerili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've gone through two bottles of this now but am just not sure if I will re-purchase. I use it from time to time and have not noticed any particular or spectacular results. I also do not like how liquid-y it is - sort of like putting a milkshake on your hair.

I think I will look into alternatives once my current bottle runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2015 10:17:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This product is complete and utter garbage and I am so frustrated that I spent $28 bucks on this. I have coloured hair and have been colouring it consistently for the past few years, just using moisturizing masks when I felt my hair needed a little boost but it had finally gotten to the point where I decided that a reconstructor would suit its needs a bit better. I can't really say why but I put off buying this product for a while because I had a feeling it wouldn't work and now my suspicions have been confirmed. I squeezed this out of the bottle to use it for the first time and just liquid came out so I shook it up really well, squeezed it out again and a chunky, putrid smelling conditioner came out. The second I applied it to my damp hair it was like I had put water in it, there was no feel that conditioner was ever there. I squeezed out a handful of this stuff on the next try and same result. I continued to leave this product on my hair for 5 minutes and when I rinsed it out it felt very, very dry on the ends. At that point I decided to follow up with my normal conditioner and it felt ever so slightly better by the time I rinsed that out. I get out of the shower and dry my hair and it looks, and feels like I dumped rubbing alcohol in my hair. This should be renamed the 'deep penetrating deconstructor'. I know that protein treatments can leave your hair dry but this is definitely a first at having one make my hair snap off. I have no idea why people like this....the bottle I got may have very well been a dud but I don't spend nearly $30 on hair care product duds that I can't return. I won't be trying this again and I certainly don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed when I bought this product. I found it at my local Publix (grocery store) for less than 15$ and my hair, at the time, was super damaged. I had used the Dumb Blonde Reconstructor by TIGI and that worked amazingly however I had always heard and read about Joico and was so thrilled to find it on accident!

So first of all, the texture. Mine was runny like an egg white and once I opened the cap it oozed out. Parts of it coagulated. Then the smell wasn't all too pleasant but obviously, had it done the job, I could care less about aesthetics. Yet, it didn't. It did NOTHING. I used as directed, then again, and again and nothing.
I've used it since then, as I have 3/4 of a bottle left, and nothing.

So, I'm thinking either it's just not the right fit for my hair OR somehow, the grocery store is selling a knock off (I've read reviews on Amazon where a dupe was being sold and it got horrible reviews)

Anyways, I wouldn't buy again ever but it seems to work for others :/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ness321

If your hair is severely damaged, just buy this. You won't regret it. I bleached my hair so many times, it was like straw and would snap off If I pulled gently at the ends. After one use my hair stopped snapping, after using it regularly my hairdresser can't believe I've dyed it so much and now it looks thick and healthy. Love this product and will always repurchase. However, I will say that if your hair is not severely damaged, you probably won't see a huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

I love this. Makes my hair super soft after I use it and I feel it cuts down on frizz pretty well. It's moderately priced, about 19 bucks at my local ulta, so I usually wait until there's a sale and stock up. When my hair is dry, dull or just needs a pick me up I use this and it makes a big difference. I find this works best when I use a clarifying shampoo regularly and I also put a deep conditioner in my hair afterwards. I use the joico intense hydrator, but I think any good deep conditioner would do. I've used the intense hydrator by itself and didn't make my hair nearly as soft or shiny. The power is in the reconstructor! Love thissss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like Joico's products and this is no different. I bought a little travel size for $3 and honestly I think this will last me forever!
I don't have dry, damaged or over processed hair but I do like to keep it nice and smooth. After one use, my hair is honestly the silkiest I've ever felt!
I didn't notice much of a difference after using it, but after washing my hair the next time...wow! Incredible. My hair feels like silk but not in a weighed down, I-just-rubbed-silicone-and-oils-in-my-hair kind of way that most of the treatments out there do.
I will not be using this often though because I don't want to overdo it. I'll only use it once the effect wears off. Definitely does what it says.
One con: my hair is so silky it has become sort of staticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent deep conditioner for damaged or dry hair. However, I have found it can really reak havok on your locks if over-used. Although I don't have the ingredients list, its either full of protein(s) or contains ingredients which mimick protein - so if you are of the hairtype that doesn't do well with these, this can be problematic. I have thick/culry/coarse hair and if I over use this stuff my hair lays flatter, looks dull (I loose shine), and I feel like I need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of buildup. If you use this once a week though, the benefits are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by threearmsally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a lot of bleach damage in my hair. When I bought this my hair was feeling gummy when wet, but after using it once all the gummy is gone and my hair feels normal when wet again. My hair also dried much quicker than it usually does, which is another sign that some damage was repaired. I really love this product, it actually works.

I think it's a little expensive, but the price is worth it. If your hair is very damaged and is prone to breakage when wet, this will actually help you. You shouldn't use it too often, so one bottle will last you a while.

It smells good (kind of like banana?) and the package is pretty standard. A protein treatment can leave your hair feeling a little dry (this is normal) so use a good conditioner afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by x0tiffanym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a really good protein treatment. It definitely does its job. However after using it so many times it really hasn't done much for me. The first few times were the only times this took full effect. But to me it's still a must have for when I go through a chemical process just to breathe some life back into my hair :) I recommend for sureee, just so not leave on longer than 10 minutes or so cause its pretty powerful and too much protein can cause the hair to snap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently bleached my dark brown hair to light blonde and it's quite dry and damaged.
Using Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor was a life saver bringing back my fried hair to life. I saw other website people kept on mentioning to use another moisture treatment after this mask. I know this is a protein mask and usually protein mask are quite drying to the hair but with Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor it seems unnecessary(it's 2-1 protein and moisture mask). Honestly using another mask after like Joico hydrator would be over kill and be like tipping money down the drain.