Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 7/2/2015 1:58:00 AM

I used this as a mask and I loved the effect it gave to my hair. It became softer and thicker. I used it for about 6 minutes in my hair since I read that you shouldn't use this type of mask for longer than 10 minutes. I couldn't get this thickening effect from any other mask I have so I'm definitely repurchasing!

on 5/31/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good product. It must be noted that my hair loves protein. I think a lot of the reviewers have hair that ma be protein sensitive or something. Anyway, I follow a mostly protein regimen. For example, in a month I will use protein 3 times (I wash my hair once a week) and just a moisturizing mask once. That being said, this is a good protein treatment but not a great one. And it is kinda expensive. I purchased this from Ulta. It certainly gives my hair strength but I do always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner like the one from Kenra. I guess I'm just saying that there are a bunch of protein treatments on the market. Yes I would purchase this again as I think the squeeze tube is genius. I hate having to deal with tubs in the shower. Joico makes good products and my hair feels good when I use this.

on 5/31/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bleach my hair and it's dry, damaged and over processed of course. I use the orginal formula all gold tube. I love this. Gives my hair body doesn't way it down. Looks healthy and shiny. I use it 4 times a week. I leave it in once a week for 5 minutes, and the other 3 times maybe a little over a minute. Rubbing through the top to the roots. Not a lot of product. Maybe a quarter size amount. I have shoulder length hair.
If it's old stock it will seperate. When it's fresh it will not. Maybe some reviewers bought old stock. I shake before using.
IMO I think this works excellent for platinum blondes.

on 4/4/2015 11:58:00 AM

This is absolutely the worst hair product I have ever used. I had healthy highlighted hair which had shine and body. This garbage and the companion conditioner turned my hair into straw. Now after blowing my hair dry, instead of looking sleek and shiny, hair looks over processeed. Even if I use hot rollers or a curling iron iron hair won't keep a curl. I can't rank this product low enough.

on 2/20/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone through two bottles of this now but am just not sure if I will re-purchase. I use it from time to time and have not noticed any particular or spectacular results. I also do not like how liquid-y it is - sort of like putting a milkshake on your hair.

I think I will look into alternatives once my current bottle runs out.

on 2/5/2015 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product is complete and utter garbage and I am so frustrated that I spent $28 bucks on this. I have coloured hair and have been colouring it consistently for the past few years, just using moisturizing masks when I felt my hair needed a little boost but it had finally gotten to the point where I decided that a reconstructor would suit its needs a bit better. I can't really say why but I put off buying this product for a while because I had a feeling it wouldn't work and now my suspicions have been confirmed. I squeezed this out of the bottle to use it for the first time and just liquid came out so I shook it up really well, squeezed it out again and a chunky, putrid smelling conditioner came out. The second I applied it to my damp hair it was like I had put water in it, there was no feel that conditioner was ever there. I squeezed out a handful of this stuff on the next try and same result. I continued to leave this product on my hair for 5 minutes and when I rinsed it out it felt very, very dry on the ends. At that point I decided to follow up with my normal conditioner and it felt ever so slightly better by the time I rinsed that out. I get out of the shower and dry my hair and it looks, and feels like I dumped rubbing alcohol in my hair. This should be renamed the 'deep penetrating deconstructor'. I know that protein treatments can leave your hair dry but this is definitely a first at having one make my hair snap off. I have no idea why people like this....the bottle I got may have very well been a dud but I don't spend nearly $30 on hair care product duds that I can't return. I won't be trying this again and I certainly don't recommend it.

on 1/19/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so disappointed when I bought this product. I found it at my local Publix (grocery store) for less than 15$ and my hair, at the time, was super damaged. I had used the Dumb Blonde Reconstructor by TIGI and that worked amazingly however I had always heard and read about Joico and was so thrilled to find it on accident!

So first of all, the texture. Mine was runny like an egg white and once I opened the cap it oozed out. Parts of it coagulated. Then the smell wasn't all too pleasant but obviously, had it done the job, I could care less about aesthetics. Yet, it didn't. It did NOTHING. I used as directed, then again, and again and nothing.
I've used it since then, as I have 3/4 of a bottle left, and nothing.

So, I'm thinking either it's just not the right fit for my hair OR somehow, the grocery store is selling a knock off (I've read reviews on Amazon where a dupe was being sold and it got horrible reviews)

Anyways, I wouldn't buy again ever but it seems to work for others :/

on 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

If your hair is severely damaged, just buy this. You won't regret it. I bleached my hair so many times, it was like straw and would snap off If I pulled gently at the ends. After one use my hair stopped snapping, after using it regularly my hairdresser can't believe I've dyed it so much and now it looks thick and healthy. Love this product and will always repurchase. However, I will say that if your hair is not severely damaged, you probably won't see a huge difference.

I love this. Makes my hair super soft after I use it and I feel it cuts down on frizz pretty well. It's moderately priced, about 19 bucks at my local ulta, so I usually wait until there's a sale and stock up. When my hair is dry, dull or just needs a pick me up I use this and it makes a big difference. I find this works best when I use a clarifying shampoo regularly and I also put a deep conditioner in my hair afterwards. I use the joico intense hydrator, but I think any good deep conditioner would do. I've used the intense hydrator by itself and didn't make my hair nearly as soft or shiny. The power is in the reconstructor! Love thissss!

on 9/11/2014 1:07:00 AM

I really like Joico's products and this is no different. I bought a little travel size for $3 and honestly I think this will last me forever!
I don't have dry, damaged or over processed hair but I do like to keep it nice and smooth. After one use, my hair is honestly the silkiest I've ever felt!
I didn't notice much of a difference after using it, but after washing my hair the next time...wow! Incredible. My hair feels like silk but not in a weighed down, I-just-rubbed-silicone-and-oils-in-my-hair kind of way that most of the treatments out there do.
I will not be using this often though because I don't want to overdo it. I'll only use it once the effect wears off. Definitely does what it says.
One con: my hair is so silky it has become sort of staticky.