Albolene cleanser

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

on 6/29/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been curious about Albolene for ages and when I was last in the States, I picked up the tube (smaller than the jar and as I was travelling, smaller to fit into my travel makeup bag). I guess I was hoping this would be one of those products (like Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm) that's water-soluble. I was expecting (and Albolene's site suggests) that this product would liquefy the way Take the Day Off does but it didn't seem to soften nearly as much as I thought it would - it was hard to spread it around. I don't like tissuing off products - I do feel it's harsh on the skin and also not very thorough. This was borne out the first time I used it - it felt like something was cutting my eyelid (I was using the hotel's facial tissue but still) and, because my face did NOT feel clean after tissuing off, I took a warm, moist face cloth to wipe over my face and a LOT of makeup came off (I was wearing IT Cosmetics CC Cream). I will use this up and I'll use it the way I think it works better - removing with a wet face cloth to get my face really clean and I'll probably follow with a toner. If I don't end up with clogged pores or breakouts, I might even repurchase because the price is great and this might be terrific in winter, when cold Canadian temps and indoor heat really dry out my skin. And I'll try it on my legs and such, as the Albolene site suggests.

on 5/20/2015 7:03:00 AM

I first heard about albolene as a child because my 100 year old great grandmother used this to remove her makeup everyday, and her skin was beautiful. My mom also used to use this on me and my brothers on Halloween night to remove our face paint. I only recently purchased this for myself as an adult, and I wish I would have bought it much sooner. Albolene completely removes tough pigments, glitters, waterproof eyeliner and mascara, grease paint, liquid lipsticks and more. I was worried about breaking out because of the oily consistency, but my skin has honestly never looked healthier. My face feels supple, moist and healthy after removing my makeup and it's soothing to dry & tired eyelids. The 'wipe on, tissue off' application method is convenient and easy, and there's no need to wash your face afterwards. I highly recommend this product for creative makeup artists and makeup lovers alike.

on 5/18/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this product after reading the reviews on here and wow this is the best and fastest eye makeup remover I have ever used. It not only removes extremely fast, it also moisturizers skin really nicely. I'm never buying liquid makeup remover again. I wish I knew about this sooner; would've saved so much money. Would definitely repurchase.

on 3/30/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I cannot believe it took me so long to find this cleanser! I massage it into my face for a couple of minutes, let it sit for however long I feel like, then wipe my face off with a damp microfiber towel. Perfect moisturizing makeup remover. Very gentle, very cheap. Cannot recommend enough.

on 2/22/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS STUFF! While it took some getting used to, it has done awesome things for my skin. It is a little annoying at first how it felt on my skin but the next morning my skin looked so much less irritated than it had in as long as I can remember. I am very acne and eczema prone and this stuff keeps the irritation and acne away!

Before starting this product, I was washing my face every day and my skin was always red and irritated. Albolene has helped my skin calm down a lot. I tend to wear quite a lot of makeup and it takes it all off as long as I massage it on my skin long enough.

I also started using retin-a for acne, acne pigmentation scars, and anti-aging so my skin has been even more sensitive lately. Albolene is the only product that's gentle enough to clean my face without stinging.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. I hate sticking my hand back into the jar when I didn't get enough the first time. I end up getting makeup in there and it looks gross haha. I have heard there is a tube version of this but haven't seen it in stores.

on 1/22/2015 9:31:00 PM

I was a Pond's cold cream devotee, but its fragrance is too strong and makes my eyes burn. Albolene does the same great job as Pond's, but it's fragrance free! It's a little more oily, but my breakout-prone skin tolerates it well. I use it only at night, and I wipe it off with a wet washcloth. I follow up with a swipe of micellar water in the morning. Great option for kickin' it old school.

on 1/9/2015 2:02:00 AM

I've been using Albolene for over a decade. It's an awesome eye makeup remover, including waterproof mascara. I have combination skin and I'm also prone to breakouts, but have never broken out using this. The only thing I dislike about it is that it does not completely remove my face makeup. I normally use a toner after using this and always have face makeup on my cotton balls. Other than that, I recommend this stuff. It's keeps my face youthful and soft.

on 12/24/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would not repurchase. I have combo skin and this stuff even when tissued off AND washed away with another cleanser still make my face feel VERY oily and sticky! GROSS! takes off eyeliner well though

on 12/18/2014 7:11:00 PM

I consider this an oil cleanser in a semi solid form. It's good for plane travel (less messy than oils, and it doesn't count as a liquid), but overall it doesn't perform any better than straight mineral oil for me.

on 12/13/2014 6:38:00 AM

Haven't tried this as a makeup remover, but I've had friends who swear by it. I got it because I have a 4-yo with eczema who needs oil all over his body after each bath. For months I'd been smearing him with either Eucerin Original or Aquaphor; while those products worked, they were gloopy and sticky and hard to spread.

After reading the ingredients in Albolene (all pretty inert stuff), I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It's got a thin and melty texture on the skin, making my son's after-bath ritual way easier. Still, it's a solid and not a liquid, so it seals in moisture better than just baby oil or lotion.