January 25, 2015 | 1943 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 9:31:00 PM More reviews by danawill4

I was a Pond's cold cream devotee, but its fragrance is too strong and makes my eyes burn. Albolene does the same great job as Pond's, but it's fragrance free! It's a little more oily, but my breakout-prone skin tolerates it well. I use it only at night, and I wipe it off with a wet washcloth. I follow up with a swipe of micellar water in the morning. Great option for kickin' it old school.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:02:00 AM More reviews by valerie85

I've been using Albolene for over a decade. It's an awesome eye makeup remover, including waterproof mascara. I have combination skin and I'm also prone to breakouts, but have never broken out using this. The only thing I dislike about it is that it does not completely remove my face makeup. I normally use a toner after using this and always have face makeup on my cotton balls. Other than that, I recommend this stuff. It's keeps my face youthful and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would not repurchase. I have combo skin and this stuff even when tissued off AND washed away with another cleanser still make my face feel VERY oily and sticky! GROSS! takes off eyeliner well though

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I consider this an oil cleanser in a semi solid form. It's good for plane travel (less messy than oils, and it doesn't count as a liquid), but overall it doesn't perform any better than straight mineral oil for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Haven't tried this as a makeup remover, but I've had friends who swear by it. I got it because I have a 4-yo with eczema who needs oil all over his body after each bath. For months I'd been smearing him with either Eucerin Original or Aquaphor; while those products worked, they were gloopy and sticky and hard to spread.

After reading the ingredients in Albolene (all pretty inert stuff), I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It's got a thin and melty texture on the skin, making my son's after-bath ritual way easier. Still, it's a solid and not a liquid, so it seals in moisture better than just baby oil or lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mtcowgirly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am 26, have had terrible acne since I was 12, a@nd also have eczema. Oh, and I have very shiny/oily skin that also flakes and feels dry. Ugh. Well, after giving up on everything else I tried this last Winter. At first I used it along with a regular cleanser afterwards. My skin did improve. The eczema disappeared on my face. But my skin still felt dry and I had still had acne. Then I decided to only use albolene ( rub on face, wipe off with cotton round, repeat, then rinse with a warm water and a washcloth morning and night). No other cleanser. I've been doing this for about two months, and my skin looks and feels wonderful! I think my skin was actually losing moisture, and the albolene locks it in

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by KatyScarlett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I used Albolene I hated it. I think that was mostly due to feeling like I had to use water on my face in order to get it really clean; that's what I'd done my whole life. So after one use, I tossed it in the cabinet under the sink and forgot about it. About a year later, I was having a lot of problems with terribly dry skin and breakouts, and nothing I tried seemed to help. A friend suggested I try Albolene. Before I could argue, she held up her hand and said, "I know it's hard to get used to, just stick with it." So, I dug out the jar, dusted off the top, and gave it another try. It's been two years and I haven't looked back. My skin looks better now than it ever has.

There is a learning curve to Albolene. If you've washed your face with water and cleanser your whole life, using Albolene and wiping it away with tissues is very strange. Albolene dissolves makeup amazingly well. Like other reviewers, once I've tissued everything off, I put another light layer on my face and wipe off again to make sure I've removed all the makeup. I even use a tiny bit after my shower in the morning as my moisturizer.

My skin is clear, soft, and youthful looking. I'm 36 and most people think I'm in my late 20s.

Albolene is my HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Albolene for about 2 months now. I bought it because I knew my skin issues were related to the harsh products I used and decided I needed a break. I've used this in the past, but not for very long because I preferred my skin to be stripped of all oil, which now I know didn't help my acne at all. Cold creams break me out terribly, so for me this is great alternative.
The tub was 13 dollars for 12 ounces. I take a dollop and rub it all over my face for about a minute, then take a warm microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I do not use another cleanser afterwards because I'd like to keep the moisture in and I do not have any issues with mineral oil. I use walgreens AHA cream afterwards and still feel the tingle, so the slight film doesn't seem to completely block other products, maybe just buffers them a little. My skin is looking better every day! I haven't broken out at all, my skin tone is evening out a lot faster now, and I have no dryness or irritation. My under eyes look wonderful, smoother and plumper. I haven't lost as many eyelashes either, and my lips are finally not chapped!
I'm so happy I gave this another chance. It's a very simple product but it's just what I needed. In the shower, I rub some all over my body after I wash with my usual soap and then again wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and the results are just as amazing! I only do this a couple of times a week, but my skin is very soft and it keeps the heat in so I'm not freezing when I get out of the shower (that's probably the best part for me in the winter!) My kp tends to be worse in the winter, turning a horrible purple shade, and using albolene in the shower really made a huge difference in appearance. I also use a light layer before bed on my rough spots with great results.
I kind of see this as a way to oil cleanse without the mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by huntybooboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i heard about this product from drag queens & figured who would know better about removing makeup? this will get pretty much anything off. i use the unscented as my nightly face cleanser; massage a dollop in & wipe off w/ a face wipe or a damp washcloth. it's basically like vaseline but a bit thinner & more spreadable. it actually feels really soothing & my face feels soft & moisturized afterward. basically this just removes all my makeup easily without irritating my face at all. it can also double as a heavy-duty moisturizer & i often smear a bit on at night. the giant tub but is a great value & i just make sure my hands are clean before dipping in, but there's also a squeeze tube travel size if you're not into that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBethStep

I am so happy I found Albolene! I have a 12 year history of acne prone/oily/sensitive skin, and I have tried everything. I have used Retin-a micro for 6 months, which has overall helped my acne breakouts by 50%...but it left my skin a dry, peeling, sensitive mess. I began using albolene at night instead of Cerave 6 weeks ago and I really think it has made a huge difference (previous to using albolene I used Ponds cold cream which made my acne worse!). The first 2 weeks I broke out more, so I added Clean and Clear continuous control to my regime morning and night, which I think has only made my skin even better. I still have my hormonal breakouts (chin and jaw line), but my T zone is virtually clear, and my skin looks so much more radiant.
Usually I use it to remove my make up with a cotton ball, then rinse my face with warm water, or wash with clean and clear depending on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I will use it in the morning if I'm feeling particularly dry.
If you are a cat owner however, make sure you don't leave the jar open, for some reason my cat really enjoyed eating it when I turned my back...what a weirdo.