November 28, 2014 | 1732 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by KatyScarlett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I used Albolene I hated it. I think that was mostly due to feeling like I had to use water on my face in order to get it really clean; that's what I'd done my whole life. So after one use, I tossed it in the cabinet under the sink and forgot about it. About a year later, I was having a lot of problems with terribly dry skin and breakouts, and nothing I tried seemed to help. A friend suggested I try Albolene. Before I could argue, she held up her hand and said, "I know it's hard to get used to, just stick with it." So, I dug out the jar, dusted off the top, and gave it another try. It's been two years and I haven't looked back. My skin looks better now than it ever has.

There is a learning curve to Albolene. If you've washed your face with water and cleanser your whole life, using Albolene and wiping it away with tissues is very strange. Albolene dissolves makeup amazingly well. Like other reviewers, once I've tissued everything off, I put another light layer on my face and wipe off again to make sure I've removed all the makeup. I even use a tiny bit after my shower in the morning as my moisturizer.

My skin is clear, soft, and youthful looking. I'm 36 and most people think I'm in my late 20s.

Albolene is my HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Albolene for about 2 months now. I bought it because I knew my skin issues were related to the harsh products I used and decided I needed a break. I've used this in the past, but not for very long because I preferred my skin to be stripped of all oil, which now I know didn't help my acne at all. Cold creams break me out terribly, so for me this is great alternative.
The tub was 13 dollars for 12 ounces. I take a dollop and rub it all over my face for about a minute, then take a warm microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I do not use another cleanser afterwards because I'd like to keep the moisture in and I do not have any issues with mineral oil. I use walgreens AHA cream afterwards and still feel the tingle, so the slight film doesn't seem to completely block other products, maybe just buffers them a little. My skin is looking better every day! I haven't broken out at all, my skin tone is evening out a lot faster now, and I have no dryness or irritation. My under eyes look wonderful, smoother and plumper. I haven't lost as many eyelashes either, and my lips are finally not chapped!
I'm so happy I gave this another chance. It's a very simple product but it's just what I needed. In the shower, I rub some all over my body after I wash with my usual soap and then again wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and the results are just as amazing! I only do this a couple of times a week, but my skin is very soft and it keeps the heat in so I'm not freezing when I get out of the shower (that's probably the best part for me in the winter!) My kp tends to be worse in the winter, turning a horrible purple shade, and using albolene in the shower really made a huge difference in appearance. I also use a light layer before bed on my rough spots with great results.
I kind of see this as a way to oil cleanse without the mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by huntybooboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i heard about this product from drag queens & figured who would know better about removing makeup? this will get pretty much anything off. i use the unscented as my nightly face cleanser; massage a dollop in & wipe off w/ a face wipe or a damp washcloth. it's basically like vaseline but a bit thinner & more spreadable. it actually feels really soothing & my face feels soft & moisturized afterward. basically this just removes all my makeup easily without irritating my face at all. it can also double as a heavy-duty moisturizer & i often smear a bit on at night. the giant tub but is a great value & i just make sure my hands are clean before dipping in, but there's also a squeeze tube travel size if you're not into that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBethStep

I am so happy I found Albolene! I have a 12 year history of acne prone/oily/sensitive skin, and I have tried everything. I have used Retin-a micro for 6 months, which has overall helped my acne breakouts by 50%...but it left my skin a dry, peeling, sensitive mess. I began using albolene at night instead of Cerave 6 weeks ago and I really think it has made a huge difference (previous to using albolene I used Ponds cold cream which made my acne worse!). The first 2 weeks I broke out more, so I added Clean and Clear continuous control to my regime morning and night, which I think has only made my skin even better. I still have my hormonal breakouts (chin and jaw line), but my T zone is virtually clear, and my skin looks so much more radiant.
Usually I use it to remove my make up with a cotton ball, then rinse my face with warm water, or wash with clean and clear depending on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I will use it in the morning if I'm feeling particularly dry.
If you are a cat owner however, make sure you don't leave the jar open, for some reason my cat really enjoyed eating it when I turned my back...what a weirdo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence with Albolene. I have never used a product that has as many pros and cons as I have with Albolene.

Makeup remover ~ Albolene liquifies somewhat when it touches skin. It's a lighter version of petroleum jelly. When I apply it to my face, it seems to drag, which in turn, feel there's too much pulling on my skin. When I tissue off Albolene, makeup glides off effortlessly. I then wash my face with a mild cleanser to remove remaining makeup and to remove the slimy leftover albolene on my face.

Overnight Moisturizer ~ Slathered up with Albolene before bedtime, and woke up with baby soft skin; however, went to bed with a thick, slimy film on my face. Felt as if I put motor oil on my face ha.

UPDATE - deleted my former update because I didn't want an update on an update……will say former update had three lippies and now giving five lippies. Tired of my Pond's and got this out again. Found a method which works well for removing makeup - of course, wash hands thoroughly, but I don't dry them. Then I splash water on my face before scooping out a small amount of Albolene. Rub hands together to liquify the product, and rub product over damp face. It glides like butter over my face if I do the above. No slacking when it comes to keeping face and hands wet, or Albolene will drag on my face. I have old towels I cut up into squares to use to remove makeup. Will place the rag underneath semi-hot water then place on my face for several seconds before gently rubbing off makeup with the rag. Then I follow with my regular cleanser. Albolene is a bit messy to work with, but it removes makeup very well and leaves my skin feeling baby soft and hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by holygrailgurl

I love albolene so far, I have been using it for about 7 weeks. I have had a hard time with cystic acne breakouts for 3 years. This calms my skin down a lot, I take a warm wash cloth after i get home from work gently steem my face with it and wipe gently, then apply a THIN layer of albolene take the same wash cloth and wipe off all my make up, If my skin still feels greasy I use loreal hydrafresh toner on my nose and t zone and take a q tip and put it on any exisiting bumps, BUT I dont recommend doing that everytime. I think albolene alone is the best gentle healer for cystic types. I went to return something at macys and the girl at the counter told me when her grandmother passed she had horrible cystic breakout and it took her 3 weeks of albolene to heal the breakout. I dont think this is a cure-all but a huge help when dealing with cystic acne. Hope this helps someone whos suffering with acne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by vesuvia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. Even Cetaphil and Cerave cleansers will set it off and make it sting, redden, and eventually (if used a few nights in a row) break out. This is the ONLY cleanser I've found that leaves my skin happy. I don't even rinse with water afterward. I just rub a hunk of Albolene in, then wipe it away with a damp washcloth. After four months of this, my skin has never looked better. MIRACLE!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this since I am on the search for a heavy duty eye makeup remover. The bad news is that it contains mineral oil, which is known by dermatologists to dry out tear ducts. On to the next. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So this review is for anyone with acne who is considering trying albolene. I tried it because now im in my late 20's my skin is drier, I have my acne under control, but the wrong product can lead to flareups. I used it in October -Dec. It really does remove eye makup. How I used it: rubbed on eye area, tissued off, and washed rest of face with usual mild cleanser. No breakouts, untill... It was winter my skin was dry, I decided to use it on the rest of my face to remove all my makeup, after a week of this I started getting breakouts on my cheeks where I normally don't breakout, so I stopped using it and my breakouts cleard up.

I now use cold/ expeller pressed sunflower oil, with 0 breakouts! I've been using sunflower since Jan-now for 4 months without issues :) Its only $2 for a huge bottle. I gave my albolene to my mom who loves it.

My skin will breakout with anything I had previously been on 2 rounds of accutane that wore off after 2 years etc..

Everyone's skin is diff, but if your skin sounds like mine skip the Albolene and give sunflower oil a try.

Albolene is a solid I should of figured it would clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for the past couple of months and I really like it! I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do usually wear mascara, and this gets it OFF.

It is super-cheap and comes in a nice hygienic tube with a flip-top. I squeeze out about 1/2" of it, warm it between my fingers (where it liquefies), and smooth it on my face (eyes closed). I concentrate on my eyelashes, but I can feel the mascara dissolving pretty quickly.

I have tried a couple different ways to remove it. Dry washcloth? Too abrasive. Toilet paper? Tears to small greasy shreds. Pampers baby wipes are just perfect! I use the fragrance-free kind that are made for sensitive skin. I'm not really trying to remove every trace of it, but I could.

The downside is that my eyeballs get a little greasy and I have a hard time reading afterwards. But I can live with that!