July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by huntybooboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i heard about this product from drag queens & figured who would know better about removing makeup? this will get pretty much anything off. i use the unscented as my nightly face cleanser; massage a dollop in & wipe off w/ a face wipe or a damp washcloth. it's basically like vaseline but a bit thinner & more spreadable. it actually feels really soothing & my face feels soft & moisturized afterward. basically this just removes all my makeup easily without irritating my face at all. it can also double as a heavy-duty moisturizer & i often smear a bit on at night. the giant tub but is a great value & i just make sure my hands are clean before dipping in, but there's also a squeeze tube travel size if you're not into that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBethStep

I am so happy I found Albolene! I have a 12 year history of acne prone/oily/sensitive skin, and I have tried everything. I have used Retin-a micro for 6 months, which has overall helped my acne breakouts by 50%...but it left my skin a dry, peeling, sensitive mess. I began using albolene at night instead of Cerave 6 weeks ago and I really think it has made a huge difference (previous to using albolene I used Ponds cold cream which made my acne worse!). The first 2 weeks I broke out more, so I added Clean and Clear continuous control to my regime morning and night, which I think has only made my skin even better. I still have my hormonal breakouts (chin and jaw line), but my T zone is virtually clear, and my skin looks so much more radiant.
Usually I use it to remove my make up with a cotton ball, then rinse my face with warm water, or wash with clean and clear depending on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I will use it in the morning if I'm feeling particularly dry.
If you are a cat owner however, make sure you don't leave the jar open, for some reason my cat really enjoyed eating it when I turned my back...what a weirdo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence with Albolene. I have never used a product that has as many pros and cons as I have with Albolene.

Makeup remover ~ Albolene liquifies somewhat when it touches skin. It's a lighter version of petroleum jelly. When I apply it to my face, it seems to drag, which in turn, feel there's too much pulling on my skin. When I tissue off Albolene, makeup glides off effortlessly. I then wash my face with a mild cleanser to remove remaining makeup and to remove the slimy leftover albolene on my face.

Overnight Moisturizer ~ Slathered up with Albolene before bedtime, and woke up with baby soft skin; however, went to bed with a thick, slimy film on my face. Felt as if I put motor oil on my face ha.

I haven't used this product in several weeks, but after reading the glowing reviews, am going to get it out of my "bought product, but no longer use it" basket :) and give this another try.

Okay, got out the Albolene and tried it again…..threw it right back in the "brought product, but not longer us it" basket. It doesn't matter the amount I use on my face, cannot tolerate the goopy texture of this product. I will save it to use on my lips, or dry patches on my face during winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by holygrailgurl

I love albolene so far, I have been using it for about 7 weeks. I have had a hard time with cystic acne breakouts for 3 years. This calms my skin down a lot, I take a warm wash cloth after i get home from work gently steem my face with it and wipe gently, then apply a THIN layer of albolene take the same wash cloth and wipe off all my make up, If my skin still feels greasy I use loreal hydrafresh toner on my nose and t zone and take a q tip and put it on any exisiting bumps, BUT I dont recommend doing that everytime. I think albolene alone is the best gentle healer for cystic types. I went to return something at macys and the girl at the counter told me when her grandmother passed she had horrible cystic breakout and it took her 3 weeks of albolene to heal the breakout. I dont think this is a cure-all but a huge help when dealing with cystic acne. Hope this helps someone whos suffering with acne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by vesuvia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. Even Cetaphil and Cerave cleansers will set it off and make it sting, redden, and eventually (if used a few nights in a row) break out. This is the ONLY cleanser I've found that leaves my skin happy. I don't even rinse with water afterward. I just rub a hunk of Albolene in, then wipe it away with a damp washcloth. After four months of this, my skin has never looked better. MIRACLE!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this since I am on the search for a heavy duty eye makeup remover. The bad news is that it contains mineral oil, which is known by dermatologists to dry out tear ducts. On to the next. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So this review is for anyone with acne who is considering trying albolene. I tried it because now im in my late 20's my skin is drier, I have my acne under control, but the wrong product can lead to flareups. I used it in October -Dec. It really does remove eye makup. How I used it: rubbed on eye area, tissued off, and washed rest of face with usual mild cleanser. No breakouts, untill... It was winter my skin was dry, I decided to use it on the rest of my face to remove all my makeup, after a week of this I started getting breakouts on my cheeks where I normally don't breakout, so I stopped using it and my breakouts cleard up.

I now use cold/ expeller pressed sunflower oil, with 0 breakouts! I've been using sunflower since Jan-now for 4 months without issues :) Its only $2 for a huge bottle. I gave my albolene to my mom who loves it.

My skin will breakout with anything I had previously been on 2 rounds of accutane that wore off after 2 years etc..

Everyone's skin is diff, but if your skin sounds like mine skip the Albolene and give sunflower oil a try.

Albolene is a solid I should of figured it would clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for the past couple of months and I really like it! I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do usually wear mascara, and this gets it OFF.

It is super-cheap and comes in a nice hygienic tube with a flip-top. I squeeze out about 1/2" of it, warm it between my fingers (where it liquefies), and smooth it on my face (eyes closed). I concentrate on my eyelashes, but I can feel the mascara dissolving pretty quickly.

I have tried a couple different ways to remove it. Dry washcloth? Too abrasive. Toilet paper? Tears to small greasy shreds. Pampers baby wipes are just perfect! I use the fragrance-free kind that are made for sensitive skin. I'm not really trying to remove every trace of it, but I could.

The downside is that my eyeballs get a little greasy and I have a hard time reading afterwards. But I can live with that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

My skin type: oily, sensitive, very very acne prone

The good:

Now the truth is, i LOVE this stuff. I've experimented a lot with skin care products but now that my routine has settled down this is my go-to cleanser. It is similar to OCM except without oils dripping everywhere. I bought the product that comes in the squeeze tube so it is very hygienic. The texture is very gooey when you squeeze it out, but the moment you rub it between your hands it melts into a very spreadable/luxurious texture. I usually clean my face with it twice. Once to get off most of the makeup, and a second round to make sure everything is off. I remove it with baby wipes. it leaves my face soft, moisturized, and VERY CLEAN. And did I mention you can use this as an occlusive moisturizer????

The bad:

Obviously you have to make sure the product is off, or the makeup/other gunk on your face is gonna stay on. Aside from that, I really have no other complaints.

:) Definitely recommend !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like others before me it has taken me awhile to appreciate this cleanser. I remember buying it months ago, used it once and then stuck it under my bathroom cabinet to be forgotten. Fast forward to December 2013 and me in need of a no-rinse cleanser and remembering I had bought this. Okay, so it's only been a couple of weeks but I think I finally got the hang of this stuff and it's many uses...

1. Hand & Body Moisturizer: you don't have to use a lot, maybe a pea size amount for your hands. You would think that, because of it's consistency you'd be left with greasy hands but that's not the case. It absorbs fairly quickly and leaves no greasy residue behind.

2. Hair Frizz Tamer: Again, only a small amount is needed to tame unruly coils, static or frizz.

3. Lip Exfoliate: There are two ways you can this to exfoliate for baby soft lips. a) Take a half-a-pea size amount and mix with a pinch or two of sugar. Rub onto lips, using a circular motion and then wipe off with a warm damp cloth…or b) apply a liberal amount onto lips, let it soak in for maybe 2-3 minutes and wipe off with a warm damp cloth. Either way, super soft lips.

4. Face cleanser: I have to admit I'm still testing out different methods but I think I found mine - take a glob and really work it in the skin, massaging it into my problems areas (chin & jaw) until it has taken on a liquid-like consistency and then wipe off with either a tissue or baby wipe. Repeat (if not too tired). Finish with toner to remove any residue. I don't think it has caused any acne flare ups, and has definietly made skin softer. Update later.

Overall I am satified with the number of uses for this stuff, especially considering you can get a huge jar at CVS/ Walgreens for about $12 USD and it lasts quite awhile. I think that even if I don't continue to use it on my face (time will tell), I will repurchase it only for the other uses ~ I love multiple purpose products! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No