Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/16/2015 6:00:00 AM

Not a good choice for dry skin in winter

on 1/26/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this foundation. If you don't set it with a powder, it does rub off easily. It provides medium coverage and looks very NATURAL!! It is extremely pricey. The fragrance doesn't bother me. Looks great alone and even better with powder on top of it.

on 1/24/2015 8:11:00 AM

Pros:
- the best real skin texture to coverage foundation; most people can't even tell that you're even wearing foundation (achievement unlocked.)
- blends out easily with clean fingertips or a paddle foundation brush
- broad spectrum of shade ranges
- long lasting

Cons:
- luxury product (hence, the hefty price tag)
- can't depend on this as your spf (use a primer/spf beforehand, non-negotiable)
- it has fragrance
- lots of companies are now developing their own version of serum infused foundation, so this isn't something groundbreaking in 2015 (NARS, Laura Mercier has came up with their own versions), so it's easy to give this one a miss if it's not within your budget

Here's the deal breaker as to why I will absolutely never buy this again:
- I have seen dozens of serums that comes in the dropper form and being a chemist, this type of droppers typically has that weird rubbery smell that I can't stand over time, which kinds of astounds me as to why it wasn't in those click droppers and not squeeze droppers. Tsk.

on 1/21/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading about it in an India Knight column. I like it and have bought it a second time already. I will say that I do not wear it during the day at work because air con and heating in an enclosed office seems to make all makeup cakey on me and I stick to the Bobbi Brown Tinted SPF 25 balm - but outside of the office, this stuff is lovely. It's very liquid in texture and looks like my skin, only better. Ive got pretty good skin (a bit red on the cheeks and slightly oily t-zone but no spots .... touch wood!) and don't need full coverage and I'd say it's medium but builds to full coverage easily. It leaves a semi-matte finish (I use it over Le Blamc de Chanel and a Chanel SPF if it's daytime) and I don't need powder at all. I think it cost me about 36 at Selfridges. You do have to blend fast. It comes in a glas bottle with a little pipette but packaging is never a priority for me as I am more concerned with what's inside. Took 1 lippie off because I did try it at the office, but to no avail.

on 1/20/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous product -- pricey, yes, but well worth the money if you want to have a nice even skin tone that looks natural. I smooth a small drop off this on my face every morning -- a little goes a long way so it lasts and lasts. I never need to reapply makeup at work as this product has staying power. I have mild rosacea and some sun damage and this completely covers it up without making me look like an aging pancake face. If you want or need more coverage without the ugly spackle look, I recommend Armani Maestro.

on 12/24/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have this maestro foundation shade #7 which a little bit darker on my complexion, which #6.5 is too light. my skin tone is NC35 or C4 on mac face&body as reference. Which I think I'm somewhere in the middle of 6.5-7. I have a very oily face which easily after put the foundation on my face start to produce oil and become oilier during the day. I dont like wearing primer, so I just let my make up goes in the middle of hot, high humidity climate in my country. But, this baby is exceptional. It gives a nice matte looking where the more I use it the more I notice that during the day my face start to glow, less less less oil, and nice. During the day my pores start to disappear which I was hard to believe, because many foundations will show the pores after couple hours and break your makeup. It smooth like velvet when I rube it, and I when I put it on, I feel like I rub an oil but in dry finish. it last more than 8 hours which is amazing. After my uni, I went back home at the late afternoon, and I looked at the mirror that my makeup was the same and even better. The scent doesn't bother me at all. I just love this foundation and I regret that I just purchased it where many people raved about it. I will absolutely repurchase after I run out or maybe repurchase other giorgio armani foundation marketed for oily skin.

on 12/4/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of the worst foundation formula. I got a sample size bottle in Germany (just when it came out) when buying my favorite Lasting Silk Foundation. I really loved the cute bottle and was told that this new foundation is amazing.
However, I was disappointed. It did not work well for my skin. I just hate the formula. It feels so sticky, slippery and way too silky. It does not dry completely, so this foundation rubs off very easily - on my hands, clothes, scarf. It is also not long lasting.
I still prefer Lasting Silk or even Luminous is much better.

on 11/15/2014 10:52:00 AM

Where to start? So basically i bought this foundation months and months ago after reading lots of great things about it. And ill be honest its taken me a while to like this product and be able to make it work with my skin... However now i LOVE it!!

Before I used mc pro longwear foundation and i swore by it, i had never found another foundation I loved more. I bought this Giorgio Armani one and at first felt like it was so thin and watery, i felt like it didnt look as good as my Mac one. Therefore i just left it alone and never really bothered with it. Few months later i ran out of mac and with never getting round to buying a new one i started wearing this Maestro one. I find i have to wear 2 layers for it to give me enough coverage as it is quite thin, and once you let it sink for 10 mins it looks fabulous! i fell in love with it and even if i use mac now, i still way way prefer this one! It looks so natural but also makes your skin look fab.

It is quite pricey however i do think its worth it. It comes in a glass bottle and has a little squirty pump thing which is easy to blob it on. A little goes a long way, and i will DEFINITELY be buying more now ive ran out!

You may not like it at first but once you give it chance im sure youll love it!!

on 11/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

If this weren't Armani, I'd probably return it. It's just not so miraculous as the brand and price suggests.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4, color-wise. 3 is quite pale, 4 is much darker and warmer. The SA talked me into 4 because it looked healthier (and I guess it did), but this oxidizes on me as the day goes on, so I end up appearing quite golden. I'm very neutral, so even if it looks "healthier," I think it looks weird.

If there were a 3.5, I'd be happy. It's fun to use, and elegant. I doesn't make my skin look exquisite, but my skin isn't exquisite. It does feel lovely on the skin. But I wish it matched me better.

I bought Chanel Velvet Matte the same day in Rose Beige. I am MUCH more taken with that majick potion. It's thicker and matches me. To be less subjective, it has a lovelier finish and better coverage.

on 7/29/2014 9:08:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, it genuinely looks like skin. I've been an avid Luminous silk user for years and whenever I get luminous silk i always ask for a sample of this in various shades to try and find my match, i'm a 6.5/7.

When i first tried this for the first few times i was like.... ok, its mediocre but decent finish, just not long wearing and clings to any remotely dry patch, but kept asking for samples when mine ran out when i was at my local armani counter, i persevered.

Now, i don't have dry skin i have normal but when i get a spot it tends to dry out after which is where the cakeyness and flakiness comes into practice here. The MASTER TRICK WITH THIS FOUNDATION ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........ OIL!!!

This is an oil based foundation, it needs an oil based primer, moisturizer or just an oil underneath it, as with all foundations, if you use sillicone foundation use sillicone primer, if you use water based foundation use a water based moistruizer, they are made to marry together.

Not only with the oil from your chosen base prior to application adhere to the foundation, it will make it last longer and moistruize your skin so well it wont get any dry patches. Personally, i use my pai rosehip oil then put a but of moisturizer on before applying and it lasts allllll day, the finish is great (powdering is your preferene, i do t-zone only) and there you have it! If you have this foundation and are hating it, give it a try with an oil underneath, just a few drops, i use about 4 then apply foundation as needed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products