October 2, 2014 | 1849 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, it genuinely looks like skin. I've been an avid Luminous silk user for years and whenever I get luminous silk i always ask for a sample of this in various shades to try and find my match, i'm a 6.5/7.

When i first tried this for the first few times i was like.... ok, its mediocre but decent finish, just not long wearing and clings to any remotely dry patch, but kept asking for samples when mine ran out when i was at my local armani counter, i persevered.

Now, i don't have dry skin i have normal but when i get a spot it tends to dry out after which is where the cakeyness and flakiness comes into practice here. The MASTER TRICK WITH THIS FOUNDATION ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........ OIL!!!

This is an oil based foundation, it needs an oil based primer, moisturizer or just an oil underneath it, as with all foundations, if you use sillicone foundation use sillicone primer, if you use water based foundation use a water based moistruizer, they are made to marry together.

Not only with the oil from your chosen base prior to application adhere to the foundation, it will make it last longer and moistruize your skin so well it wont get any dry patches. Personally, i use my pai rosehip oil then put a but of moisturizer on before applying and it lasts allllll day, the finish is great (powdering is your preferene, i do t-zone only) and there you have it! If you have this foundation and are hating it, give it a try with an oil underneath, just a few drops, i use about 4 then apply foundation as needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG! I have in shade #3 (which is slightly lighter than my skin color). The texture is amazing, very smooth. It is well absorbed in my skin. However, I feel that I have to wear a good primer.
In the hot summer, it melts a bit, mostly around the lips and nose.
I have tried several foundations, being this one and MUFE HD the best in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation totally faked me out on the first try. I bought it when it first came out and hated it -- it dried me out and emphasized the dry patches I already had, while looking funky and masklike. It broke my heart because the lightest color was so perfect a match for my skin.

The worst part, though, was the awful little dropper -- after a few uses, the seal wore away and it leaked all over one day, creating a completely unsanitary product that made a mess of my foundation drawer. In my effort to get one more use out of it before I chunked it, I used it again -- this time with a beautyblender sponge instead of my fingers, as I had before.

It turns out that this no-brainer application switch was a total gamechanger for the Maestro + my skin equation. A thinner, more sporadic layer, applied only to trouble spots and over a hefty layer of moisturizer, nicely smoothed things out and looked phenomenal all day. While I'm ashamed of my rookie mistake, I'm also glad that I can now repurchase. (Even though the packaging is still my nemesis, just like the big awkward Luminous Skin bottle. Get it together with the foundation containers, Armani!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in the camp that likes this foundation. I reduced one lipstick due to tough shade match. I have both 4.5 which is yellow enough but too light, and 6.0 which is too dark and also pink. I use 3 drops of 4.5 to 2 drops of 6.0 to get a decent match to my NC27 skin. There is now a 5.25 which came out after I bought my two shades but I have not tried it. 5.5 is pink.

I love that it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. It is light to medium in coverage so I use it on good skin days. I agree with other reviews that it can cling to dry patches so if you tend toward dryness, you may not like it. It works well for my combo skin, holding off shine for at least four hours.

I don't mind the dropper but it's a whole different mind set to apply this runny base without having it drip through my fingers before it reaches my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

I didn't like this foundation it was to dry for my combination skin and it clings to dry patches. Had little to no coverage It looked patch dry. It was hard to apply really liquidy and messey it get all over the top of opening. It was streaky. Not good for even oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by miruska

I like it very much. It is good for my combination skin. It does not cover as make-up, but has a natural look and this is what I like. It is perfect for summer time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by malonelewis

I have wasted more money than I even want to think about for the perfect foundation. I have oily/large pores/uneven skin. Makeup always wears off in patches, oxidizes, or just looks globed on. (Attractive picture, huh?)
I tried this when my salon quit carrying Trish Mcevoy. I was sceptic all with the price and with the money I have wasted previously. Let me tell you.... I love this foundation. Repeat: love it. Doesn't take a lot. Easy to apply and smooth out. Makes my face look naturally even--- which is saying a lot. My first favorite foundation. Worth every penny.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by tfung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation that I have tried so far.
(Have used Ipsa liquid foundation, Bobbi Brown pressed powder - this was terrible and Mac pressed powder)

Texture and finish:
The liquid foundation is silky smooth and extremely lightweight, and after applying it, it looks very natural with a smooth, semi-matte finish. It almost looks like I have no foundation on at all but simply have perfect glowing skin. When I wear it, people are often surprised to hear that I use foundation at all as they think it is my natural skin!

Coverage:
I find that it also provides very good coverage, especially for such a thin foundation. I have a generally clear complexion but do have problems with blackheads on my nose and it covers them perfectly. However, as I don't have many blemishes and I rarely get acne, I am not sure whether it would be as effective for covering those.

Application:
I find that the best way to apply it is to spread it with your fingers. It glides over skin very easily and blends very well (another plus as I find having to apply foundation with sponges or brushes both annoying and less hygienic). In terms of quantity, I have a rather small face and 2 to 3 drops suffices, so this means that a bottle can last ages - I have been using mine for roughly 4 months already and it still hasn't run out.

Packaging:
It is packaged in a glass bottle with a dropper applicator which is nice. I find it easy to use and it seems to be the only logical packaging given its very thin consistency, one pump would simply be way too much product for a time.

SPF15 - an added bonus
There is nothing more ageing to the skin that UV rays. As I don't apply sun cream normally (since I'm always worried it'd be too oily for my face) the fact that this foundation has SPF15 makes it even better

Conclusion:
I would recommend this product - this is the perfect product for me and I think it would also be ideal for people who are looking for a light foundation, especially if you're aiming for that flawless au naturale look!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the longest time I have been mostly into tinted moisturizers or at least light coverage and preferably foundations that relieve or at least do not worsen my skins dryness. Lighter coverage also usually equals natural finish and not that I don't like a full makeup - because I do, but most of the time I have chosen the lighter touch... My favorite for many years has been Laura Mercier's Tinted moisturizer, and that still is a favorite but not anymore my only one...
See lately I have sort of rediscovered my old playfulness when it comes to makeup and because of it my quest for a bit more build able coverage began about a year ago. And now I can say I have found my new best friend in the foundation land...

The Maestro Fusion makeup is not usually marketed towards dry skin ladies, but is sold as a matte build able liquid foundation for normal, mixed and oilier skin types. But I must say this has worked amazingly well with my topical dry skin!!
It goes on matte, fills out pores making the skin look absolutely flawless and I think it is the pigment in oil mixture that really is the reason why this works so well also with my dry skin! The oil sort of holds the moisture from moisturizers and primer underneath and makes the pigment able to do it's very best smoothing out the surface!
I thought I'd never find anything that would make my slightly enlarged pores diminish and even disappear, but this foundation works magic on my skin! Especially with the GA primer underneath.

Colourwise it was easy to find good matches for my skin tone. I usually buy one lighter, matching the lightest part of my skin tone and one, just a tad darker and that way I can mix my foundation daily to match the condition of my skin as well as situation for the makeup. The Maestro is also very good when it comes to oxidization. It hardly oxidizes at all, which I also credit to it's oil and pigment solution. If you use a primer I don't think it will oxidize at all, even though there are of course always exceptions, every skin is unique, but some foundations oxidize a lot and on most people. (Like luminizing skin finish and even more so the long lasting version from the same brand). This is more risk-free compared to that.

I also like the texture of this fluid. Very light and almost runny. And I like the little pipette, even though one has to keep a lookout and wipe off the rim of the bottle once in a while to keep it from getting messy. The light texture is still very build able and you can go from a very light coverage to almost full coverage in a flash.
It is however very different from most other foundations texture wise, so it is hard to compare it, really. It is quite unique, and right now my HQ foundation.

I am not very breakout prone, and I have not had any problems in that department with this, but if there is sensitivity to oils of any kind then this might not be the best choice. I also think that if aluminizing foundations is your thing then this may feel too matte. But on the other hand that fact makes this foundation despite the spf in it photograph pretty well! Also if your skin is super dry and flaky even after intense moisturization, I think this would not be perfect. And it did not like me using Mac's CC correctors underneath it either... That made the foundation actually pill a little bit... which might be good to know for some. Instead I use the CC correcting powders if correcting is at all necessary, (usually not with this foundation). Normally I don't need any powder whatsoever after using this and it still gives me a flawless hold for many many hours before any touching up begins to feel necessary! (And then it is usually the concealer that need a bit of revamping anyway... not the foundation... My skin also feels soo soft and smooth all day or night when I am wearing this!

In a word: Awsome! Plain Awsome!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sueren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!
I am just so obsessive about foundations and have spent a small fortune over the years on the search for the perfect one. I live in New Zealand and have to buy this from overseas, so I held off for sometime, as I thought it was not for me. How wrong I was. I bought it as an after thought when in Hong Kong at Christmas, and was just blown away by how fantastic it was. I find the coverage is light-medium and is adjustable, I just pat a little more on any places that need it. I apply it with my fingers and it is fool proof, very quick and easy to get a perfect finish, exactly what a busy person needs.I have a combination skin and the colour stays true and I can't believe such a watery foundation lasts all day and late into the evening with no touch ups-amazing. Packaging is fine, I always shake it well before use, but am wondering how easy it will be to get the last out of the bottle with the dropper when the level gets low. I have already purchased a back up bottle online from the US. I wear shade 5.5, over Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge shade 2, or Hourglass Mineral Primer. I do a light dusting with Edward Bess Bronzer in Daydream (my all time favourite), Nars blush in Deep Throat topped with Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient blush. High light with Koh Gen Do Aqua Illuminator in Sheer Beige and a quick spray MAC Fix+.
I find this still looks perfect 12 hours later.
Other foundations which I have worn and loved (but not as much as Maestro) have been Armani Lasting Silk, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
I just hope Armani never stop making this amazing foundation.