Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 8/1/2015 9:32:00 AM

I'm a complete foundation junkie. I've tried them all..MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Rimmel, Clinique, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani, Bourjois..the list goes on. YSL Touche Eclat foundation had been on my radar for a long time as I love dewy, glowy foundations and I have pale skin and the beauty world was aglow with raving reviews about this foundation catering to those wants.

I got samples of BR10 and BD10 which I was informed are the two lightest shades, as B10 is a more neutral shade and a bit more olive and therefore a bit darker. BR10 is the pinkest shade of foundation I have ever come across...it's very pink with slight red undertones which does nothing for my pale, yellow undertoned complexion. The strong oxidisation that came with it gave my skin a weird pink mask look which was very unflattering. What's more...I was completely underwhelmed by the 'glow' I was expecting to be blown away by. Therefore, I moved onto BD10 which was definitely a better match but oxidised to a horrible strong yellow colour which just made me look ill. B10 was far too dark and similarly, oxidised a crazy amount. I think it oxidises a lot due to the SPF in the foundation as the active ingredients in sunscreen can cause this...or perhaps there's just a lot of acid and PH unbalance on my skin which makes this happen. Either way I was really disappointed with this foundation and was glad I didn't purchase an entire bottle.

on 7/31/2015 11:56:00 PM

This foundation is absolutely beautiful! I went to the Sephora in the Florida Mall in Orlando and considered getting a sample, but I felt too embarrassed so I just decided to buy the whole product. (Please don't do this! Ask for samples!)

The lady assisting me was lovely and helped me with the process of matching my skin tone, which is a perfect match for beige 30 at NC25. I'm seriously lucky because it does not break out my sensitive skin or cause any irritation. The finish looks like my skin. It looks so natural and evens out my skin tone completely with only half a pump. The scent is pretty distinctive, and I find it really reminds me of the Chanel Vitalumiere (which broke me out horribly!) I don't know how I would describe it except that it smells like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Florally, perhaps?

I have oily skin and I've never had any issues with it moving, emphasizing fine lines and wrinkles, pores, or anything else. It does go shiny after wearing it for 6 hours on a normal day, give or take. The shine isn't OH GOD OIL SPILL, but it's something you would notice. It also feels like it never truly "sets" as it's slightly tacky whenever I touch it. It doesn't transfer unless you intentionally smear it, though. I do not recommend wearing this if you're going to lay on a white pillow.

However, I would also like to mention that this is not server-proofed. I absolutely cannot wear this to work. It will be gone. Whatever is left will be patchy and barely clinging on. It cannot survive a 9 hour work day going in and out of a really hot kitchen while sweating up a storm.

Since school is about to start and I'm free of being a waitress, it doesn't matter for me. It's gorgeous for everyday, trash for work. Keep that in mind.

on 7/30/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the foundation i use regularly in day to day basis. I like that it is really lightweight and has sheer coverage so it is great if you are trying to achieve a natural look. It makes my skin look dewy, and even my skin is very oily, it doesn't make my face look greasy. It has nice, faint scent that is not irritating my skin. Definitely will repurchase.

on 7/22/2015 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome product. Very lightweight and natural, yet still hides imperfections as well as compliments your complexion ; when worn on its own, without any finishing powder, it looks so natural and flattering you wouldn't tell you have any make-up on . Also, since I have been using it my pores are thanking me! I have very oily skin that tends to dry out in the cheek areas, and I am prone to clogged pores, but since I have switched to it, I get less clogged pores and my skin feels more hydrated. A bit more pricy than my go-to foundation, but worth every penny.

on 7/19/2015 12:39:00 AM

SECOND SKIN FORMULA - SPF20 - NATURAL INGREDIENTS

YSL was the first brand I turned to for solving all the typical problems you'd face with a cheap foundation: poor pigmentation, foundation streaks , fine lines, enlarged pores..... and YSL didn't disappoint.

With my skin type, this worked best for me during the dry seasons when I had uneven skin tone and pores. This fdtn was able to retain a natural radiance that looked even BETTER at the end of my 8hr shift -that kind of glow after a workout.

The pigments are dimensional and provides a buildable light - medium coverage. Unfortunately, it does not cove pores, but tackles on uneven skin tone: scars and blemishes. It is lightly scented like rose tea but not over the top and incorportes into your natural human scent; something my boyfriend commented on!

The texture is thin and if you let it reach skin temperature before blending, it applies on like a serum and isss ammmmazingg!

The formula is hypoallergenic and natural which is ++ for acne prone skin. I've put it to the test and have partied and slept through it and was surprised to see my skin radiant, soft and lumious and not even a flamed pore after washing it off.

Overall, this foundation is most suitable for Day wear because of its natural light coverage and SPF qualities. Its similar to a tinted moisturizer only with more coverage but removes just as easy. Its truly a great product.

on 7/17/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love love love!!! This foundation is a natural foundation that makes your skin look even and flawless without looking cake faced and fake. It is light to medium coverage. definitely not matte or
Semi matte which is why it Is able to look so natural like your own skin-it is a dewy finish but in my opinion it is better described as looking like amazing skin. I have normal skin so this is perfect for me however I see how this might not work for some people with oily skin. It is very VERY easy to blend in your skin flawlessly with a foundation brush (I like buffing mine in in circles) however even though I wear primer, set this foundation with a powder,, and a setting spray, this foundation will look bad after 8-10 hours :( but the beginning effect is soooo flawless I can't resist. I have not worn foundation in months however because i like my natural skin!

on 7/17/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It goes on really smoothly and evenly, doesn't sink into pores and really does look natural and glowy, like skin on a really good day. It is quite expensive but I only use one pump (although it also layers up really well so you can use more of you want more coverage and it still looks lovely) so it should last a long time. I have quite sensitive skin that can be a bit dry and I find that this foundation doesn't break be out at all and it keeps my skin feeling soft and moisturised all day. I actually think the longer it's on my face the better it looks and feels. The pump is great as it allows you to regulate your use easily and keeps it all hygenic. I use NARS creamy concealer under my eyes and if I apply it over the top of the foundation it goes on really nicely which is also a plus. Just a really great foundation all round!

on 6/13/2015 4:28:00 AM

My favorite foundation of all time, I think- I wear BR10, as I'm pretty pale (MAC NC15 on a *tan* day, paler than that in winter.) Most "glowy" products don't really do much for my dehydrated skin, but this just makes my skin look beautiful. It's hard to describe, because it's not exactly like a shimmer/dewy effect , it's just like...incredibly radiant. this stuff is a little heavy in consistency, and I can definitely feel it when it's on, but still, no real caking issues, longevity is great, looks relatively natural. I hate to say this, because of the price, but I would buy again.

I don't dislike this foundation. it's an okay colour on my pale skin but I find it to be very drying and it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. it also looks very unnatural which I do not like. The coverage is okay but definitely not as good as some other high end foundations. I wouldn't say it is worth the money.

on 6/7/2015 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My hg foundation! I go through periods of abusing the sunbeds and lacking to go on them so my colour changes month to month, this foundation seems to blend in to my skin perfectly throughout and leaves no foundation lines or orangeness when I'm slightly paler than the shade I own. It's a great full coverage and simply airbrushes my skin! I work in a restaurant/kitchen with a lot of grease/humidity and have been out shopping in the rain in it and it never slips off my face or cracks even though I have oily/combo skin, perfect!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble