December 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok, do you see that bottle?isn't it to die for.....sooo beautiful,decent,luxurious....mmmmm,ysl you know your aesthetics:)))
this foundation is a bit runny,but it is amazing how well it covers....it smells beautiful, it is a pure joy using it on your face....I love it though it is very dewy in the finish,and doesn't stay a long time on my combination skin.the range of shades is amazing and one sngle shade would probaby suit many skin shades....meaning I could go for B40-to B60, but my true shade (I'm NC 35) is BD 50 (beige dore aka golden beige)...it is smooth,silky,like a silk veil over your face and I assume that younger girls with no serious imperfections would looove this foundation...it covers very well actually,and can be buildable to full coverage (if that's not a weird thing to say for a foundation with a really dewy finish)...this is a perfect foundation for people with normal and dry skins....Oily and combination types beware....I'm using it only during the winter time when my pores aren't that opened, cause the dewiness looks like a silicone film on my face in warmer seasons....overall-a perfect foundation, try it no matter what your skin needs are you may be surprised....worth the money for sure!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by amandamarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try this foundation for a quite a while and when i wished for it for my birthday, i finally got it.

Let me just start off by saying that this is particularly not for oily skin gals (which i suppose doesn't come as a surprise, it's said quite often about this foundation). I get a little oily after not a long time after wearing this (nothing that looks super greasy though and can't be fixed with a little powder) and i usually suffer from dry to very dry skin.

First of all, the lasting power is quite AMAZING. I was actually pretty surprised how well this lasts on my skin, considering the fact that it is quite illuminating and quite sheer in coverage! I wore it out for the first time for a night out with my girlfriends and when i came home, it was still looking perfect. No settling into fine lines (i used Benefit's Porefessional only around my mouth where those 2 lines are that foundations tends to looooove to settle into in my situation at least, even with a primer!), no going patchy and no sliding off my face. It just looks over all pretty amazing on the skin, even after a while. I only set it with a little powder, as my dry skin does not like too powder too much.

The coverage of this is to start off with, quite sheer. Applied with a beauty blender and stippling brush it's quite sheer and can be build up but it takes a little, though with a kabuki brush it provides much more coverage and pretty much medium coverage on the first layer, compared to the beauty blender and stippling brush it takes 2-3 layers to build up to a medium coverage. The finish is GORGEOUS - just how i like it - it's bright, illuminating (as it's supposed to be, so that's always good haha!) makes your skin look nice and healthy and it doesn't look like a mask. It's a dewy and natural finish without being too much at all. It doesn't feel particularly heavy on the skin either.

This has a slight fragrance which i can't really explain - the first thing that came to my mind when i thought about the scent was "fresh". It has a not too special, but pretty fresh and also somehow clean smell. Though fragrance isn't a plus in my book when it comes to cosmetics and foundations in particular, as fragrance irritates the skin. Therefore, the fragrance is definitely a minus in my world. It isn't overbearing though but i could ALWAYS be without fragrance in products and don't really care for my products smelling nice, other than the fact that it's just possibly going to irritate my skin which is always a bummer.

It also photographs beautifully - i haven't tried it on with flash, but i snatched this information up from an Lisa Eldrigde video - that even though it contains SPF (spf 19 im pretty sure) it doesn't give a flashback while being photographed with flash, which SPF usually tends to do. Though you'll have to try out yourself of course - all i can say is that it looks amazing, dewy and healthy and photographs and makes your skin look flawless and very nice and as said before, healthy. I love it the way it looks.

The texture is not heavy or thick, not super thin. I usually prefer to work with very thin foundations as i find them to be more easy to work with, lighter on the skin and overall better for dry skin. As said, this is not too heavy or thin, it's just about in between i would say, even though it's definitely more to the thin and runny side than thick side. It blends out easily, and i also actually find that it blends beautifully with the fingers using to apply as well.

The packaging is a glass bottle with a gold lid, looks very pretty and fancy as most YSL makeup, so that isn't surprising! It's quite heavy as well. I'm not particularly into the glass bottle as it probably means shattering and foundation wasted if you drop it, so i would suggest you being a bit careful with that (especially if you have a bit greasy or oily hands from moisturizier, facial or hair oil, serums etc). It is very pretty though.

I haven't had this for over 3 weeks, but this is what i've experienced so far and i am really loving it. Would definitely recommend to dry-very dry-normal skin. It is just beautiful. A bit pricey, yes, but i would say that it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I love this so much that although I have super duper oily skin I make it work. It's beautiful in photographs and makes my horrible skin look so youthful and bright it's amazing. I wear darker shade than my natural skin because I fake tan and this doesn't look orange just golden! Truly amazing. In my opinion it lasts better than a lot of other light formula foundations. Yes I have to often blot but anyone with normal or dry or even slightly oily t-zone skins will love this. When I want something longer lasting but just as amazing I use ysl fusion ink I've tried applying both to different halves of my face and they do look similarly amazing except this one is one is not matte like that one but it doesn't look shiny at all just gives more of a glow. I remember when I tried ysl perfect touch and was amazed well this is even better as it lasts better than that. No more Chanel for me. No foundation can give you that glow that brightness that lift that ysl foundations do. All the others are so dull in comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product, I have dry combination acne prone sensitive skin... My cheeks and nose tend to be the dry areas on my face and t-zone is normal/oily.

I do moisturize well at night (Avene Rich Moisturizing Creme/Glaxal Base)
Then I use my sunscreen, Avene Rich Moisturizing Creme/Glaxal Base then apply the foundation with a beauty blender. I love the finish of this foundation, it's so luminous. It wears for a good 8+ hours on me. I set it with Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. It doesn't accentuate dry areas at all, it can seep into your lines if you don't moisturize well enough. It's a sheer to medium coverage foundation - definitely more coverage than MUFE F&B.

I use this in BD50 - it's a shade darker but with a beauty blender, it sheers out the colour to match my neck/body. I went through a lot of shades before finding a close match. I tried B40 - best shade to match me but leaned a bit pink, B30 was waaaay too light but the yellow undertones were there, and B50 which also leaned a bit pink.

For reference: I'm Mac NC25-30, MUFE HD 118 & MUFE F&B 32.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find myself always wanting to try something new when entering sephora. This foundation is hands down the one I always go back and get. I cant get away from it, I love the way it makes the skin look and have actually received numerous compliments. It is a very dewy finish... I use about 2 pumps to cover my entire face. it is buildable but I do need a concealer for blemishes. I have a fair-medium complexion with yellow under tones and I use B30. The only down fall to the foundation is that its 52 dollars. But for buying YSL thats what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by deciduousforest

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
beautiful skin-like finish
smooth, glides on easily
not cakey or overly heavy at all
luminous
pleasant fragrance

Cons:
coverage is pretty light, less than I was expecting
doesn't completely cover redness or dark circles
lasting power is poor (even on my dry skin)
color selection: the lightest color is too dark for my NC15 skin
the price

I think this is a good option for people with normal to dry skin who don't have much to cover. It's very natural yet polished. If you want something long-lasting or with more coverage this isn't it. For myself, considering the price, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by amberr98

it's a really pretty foundation, gives such a nice glow, and dewy finish. The best part about this product is the feeling you get when you wear this foundation. YSL foundations have a really nice light feathery/ silky feel to them. I honestly like this foundation but my oily skin can be annoying with this foundation. After 4 hours of wear i go very oily on the t zone area, especially my nose and forhead, sometimes my cheeks. I don't want to powder this foundation because than it defeats the purpose of the radiance it gives. If you have oil-combination skin i'd say this isn't for you. If you have normal/dry skin i recommend this product 100% to you.

Coverage is buildable light-medium

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked for me. Lightweight, barely there, luminous and ethereal looking skin? Yes, please! But it doesn't.

First of all, it never really 'sets' on me. I will not use powder with this foundation- it defeats the purpose. It looks good when I put it on, despite being a bit too glowy... I mean, it doesn't look natural because it is too glowly. But looks nice, nonetheless. However, even when used with no moisturiser underneath, it quickly becomes really oily quickly and melts off. Off course it is even worse on top of a sunscreen....

The coverage is quite sheer but the pigmentation is excellent so it does the job of concealing imperfections nicely. Ingredients wise I am not too pleased with the presence of NaCl and Bismuth Oxychloride.

Overall, I believe this foundation would suit dry skin types or dull skin types which could benefit from the luminous finish. I would not recommend for combination skin. However, a lot of MUA reviewer's with combination skin like this, so it is also a case of how your skin behaves with foundations. Mine gets oily. And with this, it becomes an oil slick oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by XOhoney

I wanted to love this sooooo bad. I couldn't go more than 5 minutes with this on and it went blotchy on me. I've seen it look beautiful on others. I have normal to dry skin so I thought I'd be a great candidate for this stuff. Turns out no matter how I applied it, it blotched right away. I'm now using Nars sheer glow and have had much better results although tbh on a daily basis I'll use my tried and true; true match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ktpeluso

It took me about 6 months and my second bottle of this stuff to realize how much I love it. Sadly it's tested on animals despite what L'oreal loves to tell people, but I think Charlotte tilbury light wonder foundation will be my substitute. I have oily skin, acne prone" and this foundation is incredible. Not only does it function as a tinted moisturizer or buildable-breathable foundation, but I think the ingredients have improved my skin tone and texture-so worth the money. I will say if you have oily skin it's not the best, but I've been priming with cetaphil derma oil control lotion and it works very well. The best part about this foundation is it can look like you're wearing nothing when lightly applied. If you aren't acne prone, apply this with a sponge and it's even better. The sponge allows much better control of application and it works to really buff it into the skin leaving it luminous and natural. The glow this gives your skin is really like no other. I've tried every foundation there is, is is hands down the best. Expensive, yes, but pretty generous amount and 1 pump goes a long way if you use your fingers. I can't say enough about this foundation, highly recommend.