Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

on 5/20/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have repurchased this product countless times. Ive worked in cosmetics for years and I always think I'm going to try to use the cleansers I have floating around my stash and I always go running back to this one. I am extremely oily, still like a little anti aging, and have old scars. This cleanser I use daily, morning and night, and it does not dry out my skin. When I worked at ULTA, I had my entire staff using it as well. This cleanser with the glycolic toner is a god send. My skin looks happier, clearer, and cleaner when I use this cleanser in my routine.

on 3/28/2015 6:38:00 PM

I typically use this in the summer or intermittently through the rest of the year. It's a great cleanser but when I use it too much it starts to dry out my skin a little. I like having the travel sized around as an alternative to my balm cleanser. When I run out I'll repurchase in the same size.

on 3/22/2015 6:58:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleanser! I've been struggling with acne and hyperpigmentation for a couple of years but since using this my skin had gotten so much clearer! I use it every other night with the vitamin c serum and the glycolic renewal complex.

on 3/16/2015 9:01:00 PM

I've been using this product for just about a month now and I love the results. My skin felt noticeably softer within a day or two of use, and now I can definitely see a difference with clearer, brighter skin. My skin is normal to oily and I use this wash each morning, followed by Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb, and Rosewater, then eye cream.

on 2/24/2015 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

As an acne-prone woman with signs of aging, this initially sounded like a good idea. However, I should have known better than to wash with a foaming cleanser with loads of SLS in it. Foaming is generally a sign of an ineffective, drying and cheap product. Think dishwasher liquid. It will make your skin alkaline and will actually attract bacteria and defeats the purpose of treating acne. I used this for a few weeks and realized it was too drying and couldn't be used daily. Fast forward a few years, now I know better. If you bought this for the Glycolic Acid, there are way better formulas out there.

on 2/23/2015 10:52:00 AM

Not sure if this cleanser really did much for me. I used it three nights a week religiously for 6 months. I liked how clean it made my skin feel, and how it didn't dry my skin out. But it seemed like a very basic foaming cleanser. I still broke out occasionally when using this. I just can't justify spending the money for a basic cleanser that's only going to get used 3 times a week.

on 11/12/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has done a great job keeping my breakouts at bay - something I thought was impossible! A little goes a long way so the price doesn't bother me all that much.

on 10/5/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out. This doesn't have it, but because I can't trust MB's ingredients list, and they do use it in many of their products, I cut out all of them just to be safe.**

Before I review I have to say I have skin issues, previously major ones, that most products don't help. I'm lucky if they don't make it worse, but I also don't like to spend a lot of money on something that's just ok, and I'll still get pimples and bumps. I have tried *everything* including prescriptions etc. So that said, this is a lot cheaper than other products and also on the more effective side for me. And the value for what you get is great since it's not meant to be used daily. But I just want to put this disclaimer that this -or anything- isn't a miracle product for me. I still have issues and I don't expect them to change over night. But it's good, and I think it's helpful, which is surprising.

I bought this a month ago with the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I totally understand why this says to use only a few times a week, at least for my type of skin which is sensitive yet clog prone. I could not use it as my all around, AM/PM cleanser. But I'm super glad I got it along with the Enzyme as I feel the enzyme alone needs a little push.

I use this a lot less often than the enzyme gel. I use this after wearing makeup since the enzyme doesn't take off makeup at all. I tried using this every night (even days I didn't wear makeup) and it wasn't good for me, I got pimples from over drying. I use the enzyme in the mornings and most nights as well. (PS I love that one, but it certainly doesn't stop my acne problems and like I mentioned, and is completely ineffective at taking off makeup). I sometimes use this with the spin brush for a deeper cleaning. This cleanser makes my face a little tighter and shinier but it feels like it's helping with the bumps and acne, at least very slowly which is how most things should be.

It doesn't have a smell that I particularly notice, but I love the packaging and ingredients. My only stupid complaint is that I'm so used to using the enzyme that when I squeeze this out, I pour too much since this is much thinner. But I just have to teach myself.

I haven't noticed a reaction that I can attribute directly to this. I'm trying to trim down my routine to just a few simple steps and also not mess with my skin as much to be sure. If it continues to help I will continue to purchase it.

Update: I was in the store and noticed the ingredients list changed for the Enzyme cleanser, it was a lot longer. I called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. So I asked on the board and learned that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I haven't seen it for this one yet but it's possible it's new and I'll update if I see it. In a way, that's better than changing the actual formula because at least it won't change how it works for me, but a bit unsettling to learn that they were trying to dupe us, and I can't be sure they aren't in fact new formulas.

on 6/14/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I like Mario Badescu products, and the first one I tried was this cleanser, which made me want to try the rest. I've used the MD forte glycolic cleanser before, and wasn't impressed. That was more greasy and didn't do much for my skin. THIS MB glycolic cleanser makes my skin feel super clean and rejuvenated after use. I really like the fact that it's a foaming cleanser-makes a little go a long way. I also really like the price,15 bucks! I've been using it a little over a a month now and still have like 80% of the bottle left. I don't recommend using it everyday or for cleaning off makeup. I use it maybe 3 times a week, usually in the mornings, or after the gym. I wouldn't say it has improved my acne or anything, but it hasn't harmed or caused anymore either. It definitely improves the texture and overall feel of my skin though. Gycolic is essential for facial skin health, and I will continue to buy this product.

on 5/21/2014 1:19:00 PM

This product has been in my skincare routine for years! I use it a few times a week and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I also noticed it diminishes skin discolorations and give my face a healthy, even glow.