August 29, 2014 | 1702 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Art Neon in Ultra Violet

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mizzkaylaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the biggest waste EVER. I got it cheaper than other reviewers - 6.89 at walmart. White side was okay - streaky, but 2 coats made it fine. The color - I got pink glow - was AWFUL. So gunky - felt like nail polish that was a few years old. Took 2 coats to look even. Looks to thick though. I will probably take it off in a day or so. I feel cheated. With how much you have to apply, I am sure this will run out within 2-3 more uses (if I even bother for that many more times.)

Don't buy. Seriously, the 99 cent ones from other companies are much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by orbitzhomegirl

Okay, so I bought this nail polish for my senior prom. IT WAS PERFECT!...the first time I used it. I bought the neon yellow and I painted and designed my own nail color on fake plastic glue on nails and I did my toe nails. Ladies, it looked AMAZING! I looked so cute and fun at prom! But, when I took off my fake nails I wanted my real finger nails to match and I found the white nail polish (in a matter of about 3 days) had become sticky and clumped! I do NOT recommend this product if you are planning on repeat use (which is pretty much the idea of buying nail polish, right?). I am EXTREMELY displeased with the product and WILL be contacting revlon! This is outrageous!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by DanielleLe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just HAD to review this to warn others DONT BUY this polish it is TERRIBLE! The white layer is smeary, and takes two coats, but dries quickly. I bought the orange-y colour "High Voltage" The polish is thick and gluggy and highly opaque. I did all my nails, it looked SO TERRIBLE I had to remove it all and try again with two coats of white. And the polish dries to a horrible dull matt. Who wants that with a bright, summer neon colour?

Clearly Revlon are trying to tap into the neon trend, but this product is a BIG MISS! I coughed up over $13 for this rubbish. Save your $$$ ladies and buy something that works.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sjschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This polish is TERRIBLE! I bought the pink one, and it doesnt even look pink, more orangy pink i think, i was looking for PINK... so i tried it on right away, the white is terrible first of all, the brush is super skinny and course and the white is very opaque so of course its streaks BAAADDDD!!! and i even buffed and polished my nails first so they were smooth, no ridges, and it still streaked really bad. i had to put 2 coats of white on to try to hide some of the streaks but then it was too thick and looked really kinda chunky, anyways, went ahead w/ the neon polish on the other side anyways and it goes on much better... but still not good, and its almost translucent so u can sortof see the white thru it... but what that means is the streaks in the white show thru the pink... GRRR!! put two coats of pink on and now im up to 4 coats of polish which looks horrible, and not even the look i was going for, and still didnt look pink, looked orange to me. and for $8 i was so mad i bothered with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Britt2253

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited when I saw this product and picked up the ultra violet color, though it was $8 for the small bottle. The white took a really long time to dry and went on streaky, but it was alright as far as white nail polish goes. The purple end was a pain and took 3 coats to look somewhat okay. I was really disappointed in this product and at the fact that I spent $8 on a nail polish that looks many times worse than my 99 cent ones. I think that the brushes for the polish are not the right size and texture, making application difficult. I would not recommend this product. Save your money, Revlon's Nail Art Neon is not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by FudgesFrog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I try very hard not to fall for gimmicky products and this one demonstrates why. The double ended packaging has an opaque-ish white polish on one end and a neon color on the other end. Layering white polish under a neon helps "pop" the color and make it brighter. I love a good neon in the summer and I don't really have a neon purple, so I grabbed Ultra Violet and plunked down my $8.

The white end is ok--a little runny and a little streaky, but certainly not the worst white polish I've ever used. The neon side was a pain, though. I'm a pretty experienced polisher and I had a hard time applying the polish without streaks. I found that the purple requires at least three coats of color to look even (which, in addition to the white base, means that you are applying four coats of color. In addition to base coat and top coat, well...I'm too impatient for that many coats unless the polish is really special).

Adding insult to injury, the product contains a pretty tiny amount of polish for the price: 7.68 mL/.26 fl oz. To put this in context, a similarly priced bottle of Essie polish as 13.5 mL/.46 oz. Yup, about twice as much polish for the same $8. After using 3 coats on just one mani, the usage is already apparent.

Yeah. I got hosed. Don't waste your money on this one. You'll get the same effect with better application by buying a China Glaze neon and a bottle of WnW white. Plus, you'll get four times the amount of polish :P

**PS--Just a tip! If you are using neon polish and you want the end result to be shiny, you will have to use a topcoat. Neon pigments dry matte, so there will be no shine without it.