L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 7/30/2015 9:22:00 PM

Nothing in the True Match line ever works for me and it's true for Lumi as well. I really don't see a difference between this and the other True Match foundations. It's just too thin and doesn't cover well. It seems to fill my pores and nothing else. And I tried the two colors closest to my skin tone and they were just too yellow. I wish they'd bring back Visible Lift Age Perfect.

on 7/18/2015 12:48:00 PM

This product looks great when first applied however it wears off very quickly.

on 7/9/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this foundation - at night. When I was younger I'd put this foundation on in a badly lit room and thought it looked great....it didn't. I don't know what it is with these foundations, but I end up looking like an orange peel. It isn't only with one shade either, it has happened with several shades. Other than the orange look, the formula was easy to blend and I did receive compliments on how glowy my skin looked. Also, this will come off. So if you're going to go see your boyfriend, try a long wear foundation. This just rubs off. I didn't break out from this either. If they reformulated it so that you don't end up looking like an orange, and it didn't come off so easily I'd repurchase.

on 7/8/2015 9:45:00 PM

I think this is a decent foundation. I'd say the coverage is on the lighter side, and it feels pretty light as well. The consistency is a bit thinner than the Pro-matte foundation, but it's not runny. The pump dispenses just about the right amount of product for me.
It doesn't set in the fine lines and pores, and it doesn't look cakey. I guess it's somewhat dewy but not overly so. Towards the end of the day it does fade a little.

on 7/8/2015 1:24:00 PM

This used to be my favourite foundation. I initially used the original l'oreal true match foundation but they didn't stock it at the shops one day so I figured this would work. I love the color selection and W4 is a lovely color match for me, I also enjoyed the dewy finish and the high coverage this gave me despite having very very oily skin. If you have oily skin stray from this foundation! Try the original one instead. After I switched to a different foundation, I have come to realize how bad this one was. There are many pro's though, it had a dewy finish which looks nice at first, it has a great color selection, it has medium to full coverage and is super buildable. Cons, it will make you oily, it feels disgusting on the skin when you put it on, it has a gross scent, it transfers easily (every time i hugged someone, foundation would get on their shirt and i'd always powder), it looked cakey even with minimal application, and this broke me out. I had nice clear skin until I tried this foundation but because of its full coverage I never tried anything else and I hate myself for it. I have acne scars all over my skin and the breakouts IMMEDIATELY stopped when I got a new foundation. Haven't had a pimple since.

on 6/22/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE SELECTION: W6 (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: brush or sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- light to medium coverage
- easy to blend
- dewy finish
- does not settle into fine lines
- does not cling to dry spots
- lightweight
- pump

CONS

- more product is used
- can get oily fast

COMMENTS: This is a dewy, light to medium coverage foundation. I find this similar to MAC's Face and Body (which I love), but with more coverage. It looks so natural on and blends so easily. The consistency is thin and does not settle into fine lines nor does it cling to dry spots. You will find yourself using more product because it can be pretty sheer, especially with a sponge (it soaks up a lot of product). You will certainly get oily and longevity will be affected if you have oily skin. I didn't have any issues with this lasting on my combination skin and it looked beautiful as the day went on. It's a nice, hydrating foundation.

Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It was patchy in the winter, and works fine in the summer. Very little coverage and feels heavy.

on 6/17/2015 11:00:00 AM

Meh...1st a bit about me for your reference: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light

For me, n1-2 soft ivory/classic ivory out of their neutral shades is perfect match for me :)

Coverage = medium to medium full. Luminous finish = yes. Color transfer = unfortunately YES (even setting w/ UD All Nighter, my mu didn't last a full 8 hours and before I used UD, quite a bit of color transfer when rubbed nose w/ kleenex (I had a runny nose - sorry if TMI) :)

I get better coverage and far less transfer w/ a similar luminous finish when I add L'Oreal's Lumi primer to my Hokkila Hokkila BB cream and my EL Double Wear.

Would I repurchase - nope since I can get better results doing the DYI as described above.

on 6/14/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation definitely wasn't for me. I have normal skin, not really any oily or dry areas, but this foundation just went SO patchy on me throughout the day. And the coverage was not great at all. I usually use the true March foundation but fancied a change.... Straight back to the true match for me!

on 6/13/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this foundation on my skin because it gives me a nice, refreshed look but my only con with this foundation is that it transfers throughout the day even if I use powder on top! If this foundation didn't transfer then I would of made this my HG foundation but oh well :/