Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love everything about this! Ive always veered away from liqud to powder formulas because of my horrible experience from Revlon and Maybelline. I was like this formula will never ever work. But after trying this out, i am very pleased. Bought mine from net a porter. I chose beige which is so neutral and grey but it's the closest for my olive skin tone. A good thorough blending should be done to avoid the dead ashy hue of this product. I use my real tech expert face brush and just pat it on my pores. Its very matte. I think they shouldve marketed this as a cream to clay formula because it's very very matte. I felt that my skin and pores are cleaned and refined. Contours and blush looked great with this foundation and the smell is just so so lovely. It smells like wine. I love the packaging which is so posh and luxurious. I use this everyday. The oil control is nothing compared to becca ever matte foundation but ive noticed that when i get oily with this, my skin looks radiant and fresh still. I just dab my skin with a thin layer of tissue then the oil is nada. You must buy this if youre just tired of all the matte foundation B.S. Marketing that cosmetic companies do. This is worth the try. Neutral toned people will find a perfect shade , but if youre yellow based, you have to work it out bec the foundation is one of a kind

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my go-to foundation for summer. In winter, forgetaboutit...too dry and will cling to my pores and look powdery obvious, not exactly the skin-like finish I go for. But on hot summer days, this foundation is perfect! I do moisturize well before using this, slap on a moisturizing sunscreen, wait a few mins to let that sink in a bit, then I pump a bit of this out and dot my face with it, using fingers to spread across my face. I dust some Hourglass dim or mood light all over, and am set to face the outdoors knowing I won't look like an oily mess by the time I get back home. This method has worked best for me...you definitely cannot just wash your face in the morning and then slap this on directly. No no no...it turns to powder and will suck up any moisture you have on your skin unless you moisturize very well beforehand. But the finish is skin like beautiful and the coverage is a solid medium with one thin layer. Wish it was cheaper but with Hourglass products, everything I have tried has been worth the price. ***Edit: I use the color Light Beige, which I think is a misleading name. It is described as medium with a yellow undertone. But I think it leans on the darker side of "medium".***

on 6/15/2015 10:24:00 PM

I'm surprised to see some low reviews. This is the best foundation I have ever used!
I'm in my 30s with oily-combination skin. Very pale.

Here's my list of pros!

1) drys to a matte finish instantly.
2) overtime my skin quality actually improved even when I wasn't wearing it.
3) every time I wear it, someone compliments on how fresh I look.
4) a bottle lasts quite a while
5) I use NO OTHER MAKEUP WITH IT! No concealer, no powder, no bronzer, nothing! Just HG foundation with some mascara - poof! I look amazing!

My only caution is to blend very well into areas you may get lines. A good worked-in application will prevent this from happening every time.
I can go an entire day with no touch ups.

Highly recommended!

on 6/7/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I did not like this at all. I have very oily skin, and this was recommended. However, it is a big disappointment. It is thick and you know you are wearing it. But, the big disappointment is in the fact that it made my face oilier quicker than other foundations I have tried. My Cover Girl 3-in-1 Outlast and Rimmel Matte Mousse Foundation are a lot better (and way cheaper). I know they say to splurge on your foundation. But, right now, the drugstore ones work a lot better for me.

on 6/3/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Okay, first off I have very oily skin and for years, I searched for a foundation which will help control my oils or at least keep it down low so I can blot after an hour or so lol. This foundation did the trick. It kept me matte for the most part and it worked well (as it should for the price-- I got it for $70!). The consistency is very interesting, you pump it out and at first you get a liquid-cream consistency and when applied it dries to a powder. Pretty cool. However, it does set really quickly so you definitely cannot dot it on the whole face and blend. How I applied it at first was I would put it on one side of my face, blend, then go over the other side. Or even put it on the brush and apply it that way. This foundation, due to the consistency, might not bode well with using a beauty blender as I feel it would just suck up all of the product. For summer, it was great when used alone but I found it too drying for the winter months so I ended up mixing it with another foundation, the Fit Me Matte by Maybelline. I actually loved it more when mixed with another foundation. Overall thumbs up!

In summary:

PROS
Matte and keeps you matte
Comes with a pump
Works well when mixed with other foundations

CONS
Super pricey!
Sets too quickly
Does not work well in winter months

on 5/7/2015 12:17:00 PM

I recently tried a sample of this in the color nude and I was kinda shocked how bad this stuff is for my skin, I have oily/ combination skin nc20-25 is my color range, the color nude in this foundation is too dark and kinda orangey. As for the formula it is light to medium coverage that sets fast to a powder finish it does cover pretty well, my biggest issue besides my face looking pretty orange is the lasting power and the oil control, this stuff was completely shiny and disappearing only after a few hours even though I used a setting powder on top, I didn't use a primer because I like a foundation that doesn't require primer for it to work, primer should just be a bonus to the foundation, not make the foundation. Overall this stuff does not mattify it only applys to a matte finish that will grease up way too quick.

on 4/17/2015 11:27:00 PM

this foundation blends really well and the texture is so smooth. It also lasts quite a while on my oily skin without any setting powder/spray or touch ups. I still get a little oily around my t zone after 6 hours or so but that seems to be unavoidable and there is less to blot when using this foundation

on 4/5/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have combination/oily skin. My t-zone breaks down every single foundation I have ever tried, including double wear by Estée lauder. I got this as a sephora sample and was cautiously optimistic. I wore the color sand which has a more pink undertone but compared to light beige seemed to color match with my skin better. I wore this foundation with moisturizer and sun screen underneath and set with a light dusting of a lighter yellow toned powder to fix the color match. I applied with my fingers because I was being lazy. I would try IT cosmetics LBD no 2 next time. I was working outside clearing brush around my family's cabin for 5 hours and was definitely sweating and wearing a ball cap. This stuff didn't move or rub off on my hat. My nose oils didn't break down the foundation at all! I use retin a so I do have mild dry spots around my cheeks but skin prep is a must for me. The foundation did not cling or show the dry spots. I need a foundation that I can wear sunscreen with and this one works! Despite the price tag I'm buying. Didn't seem to oxidize whatsoever on me either. Oh and the best part is my pick axe acne scars were reduced and my pore size was minimized. No primer or foundation has ever reduced the appearance of my pores! They are right on the apple of my cheeks so are quite noticeable to me.

I wore this foundation from 10am to 10pm and it looked great when I took it off!

Removed one lippie since it was one use so far.

on 4/4/2015 10:19:00 PM

I got my color match at Sephora in shade Beige. This foundation does dry to powder finish as it claim. I will update more. This may be my HG foundation. The texture is very similar to Giorgio Armani Maestro velvet feel but Hourglass is more thick and mouse like but velvet feel. Great on oil control with light Medium coverage. If you have dry skin skip this foundation. One more thing Beige color look more tan than my skin color but after blend out it a good match. I don't set this foundation with powder at all but need highlighter and bronzer due to matte foundation with powdery finished can look flat. Great foundation. Update; 04/18/2015, I love this foundation. Why? 1. great long wear foundation 2. this foundation get prettier as the day go on 3. no touch up needed 4. no need setting powder. I would buy this foundation again worth $55. This is my HG foundation.

on 3/29/2015 11:27:00 AM

Love love this product! I'm an NC42 with MAC and with the Hourglass I use Beige. I love it how it doesn't oxidize on my skin unlike other foundations. And I also love it how it doesn't make me look "yellow" as I have tanned asian skin. I'm already on my third bottle will definitely keep purchasing this product. This might be my HG foundation for the moment