September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Foundations - Hourglass - Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by burs27

I've gone through two tubes of this foundation and cannot decide if i love it or simply just don't care for it. Since I repurchased it, you would think that i love but no. It was a great deal on HSN (foundation+hourglass mineral veil primer for $55, which is already a steal but if you're a first time HSN customer you get 30% off making the deal even sweeter). so i thought why not give it another try.

To be honest, I did see an improvement in my complexion. I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and the scarring did reduce in about two weeks which was crazy! I didn't believe the claims so i decided to take my own before and after pictures and without even using the pictures for reference i can tell that my skin has gotten better. Even my sisters told me that my skin has improved (they knew nothing about the claims of the foundation). Oil control was good, it was better than any foundation I've ever tried and I've tried a lot including Estee Lauder DW, Tarte Amazonia Clay, Bare minerals, NARS Sheer Matte, Matte Velvet Plus, Kat Von D Lock it, etc. However I will still get oily around noon even with the Houglass Mineral Veil primer under. It was light weight and not heavy at all! Definitely not full coverage but depending on the brush and techniqe you can achieve a better coverage. I use an ecotools blush brush and pat in the foundation on the part that needs more coverage. Overall both of my tubes are completely empty but I dont think i'll repurchase it again this time.

Some cons were that the foundation was hard to blend after it set. Applying concealer on top made the product look cakey. It was time consuming since i had to blend it out section by section. Some days the foundation will look patchy, other days it will look immaculate!

It's a hit or miss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by 85aimee

Great foundation for oily skin. It keeps the face matte all day! Has a velvety smooth feel on face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by PBtangerine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BalkanBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this foundation I hated it. I gave it another go and something still doesn't work for me. It's great if you have oily skin, which most of the time I do. But the texture and finish is very different and it can grab onto dry patches and also looks flat and a bit cakey. I also can't get it to look smooth and flawless; it's very evident I have it on which isn't a very good look. Try it ONLY if you have very oily skin and see how it goes for you. There isn't many people I'd recommend this to.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

The color match was almost perfect, a little dark. But I'm also about an nc 10-15 for reference. The formula is so nice and really easy to spread with my real techniques expert face brush. I wish it had more coverage and lasted a little but longer on my very oily skin, but it makes my skin look well, immaculate! The texture of my skin is wonderful with this foundation and I really think it has helped with my pores! Hopefully it helps with my scars as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second bottle of the Hourglass Immaculate foundation. HG product. I found this foundation after watching Cassandra Bankson's review of foundations for oily skin on youtube, and she recommended that this is her HG. I went to Sephora and got matched to Golden in this foundation and couldn't wait to try it. On my way home, I read the reviews on makeupalley and noted that the reviews weren't that great. Still, I was hopeful and went home and tried the foundation. The consistency is thick and moussy. It goes on matte. I have the oiliest skin, and foundations (even some of the matte ones) slide off my face during the day (literally) - i mean I can feel the foundation coming off and my face becoming a glob of oily mess. I'd love to rock the dewy look, but my skin is so oily that it just gets a dirty look if I try to rock the "lit from within" look. I'm lucky in that my skin is already glowy, but when it gets oily, it just looks messy. I have little to no acne. My most important problem is oily skin. The Hourglass immaculate foundation goes on my skin matte, looks thinly applied, lets my skin shine through, but no matter how many hours I wear it, I still don't get that dirty, messy, oily look. I am on my second bottle of this. The bottle is beautiful. When it comes in the package, the dispenser pump is kept separate from the foundation bottle, which I thought is really sanitary. The bottle is beautiful. It's a shimmery silver and not messy. Really looks high end given that it's $55.00, a price I'm willing to pay for great foundation for perfect skin. Note: I apply with my hands a thin, smooth layer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbubbles666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently, I was looking for a matte foundation with full coverage that was the right color for my skintone. After reading many reviews I decide to try this one. The first problem I encountered with this foundation was how the colors were organized. Usually it's pretty straightforward, fairest to darkest. But on Sephora and Hourglass's sites, they're kind of nonsensically arranged (a fair shade [Shell] is placed among very fair, and a tan shade wedged in with the deeps, wth??). I decide to go with Pearl, very fair with neutral undertones, since I want to neutralize the redness in my face.

After testing it in store and seeing that it looked to match my skin pretty closely, I decide to buy it. However after wearing it for a couple of months, I realize it's actually pretty darn tan and upon inspecting my face in a bathroom mirror, I discover that I have a border around my face differentiating my pasty Celtic complexion from the deep, George Hamilton-esque hue the foundation imparts. When wiped on a tissue, it looks downright orangey. "Very fair"=lies, fairy tales, fallacies.

So long story short, I am living happily ever after with my MAC NW10, I gaze into public bathroom mirrors satisfied that I have a foundation that matches my white as hell complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by xpxoxd

I have extremely oily skin. I thought that this could solve all my problems. But it made my skin look like crap. Dry patches everywhere and a very unnatural powdery look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Laski

I had a sample and could use it twice to get to the following conclusion: The shade was a great match, it covered up any flaws really well, and it did mattify like I have seldom experienced it with another foundation, without drying out the skin. But, with both uses (one with primer underneath, one without) I found one thing that bugs me: after a while, it felt like a somehow greasy layer on my skin. It didnīt look that bad, not at all (I did have to blot a bit after a few hours, but I think thatīs normal in summer) - but it didnīt feel good to me. For the exorbitant price, I really would expect that it feels like cool, dry silk on my skin in summer, and like plush velvet in winter - but it just doesnīt, so I wonīt buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received sample of this in shade Nude with a Sephora purchase. It contained enough product for two full uses on my face. It blended well, looked pretty good, wore okay. I'd say medium coverage for about 4 good hours on my oily summer skin. Honestly, I couldn't tell that much of a difference between this and the L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation. The only difference is the price. For about $60 for a full bottle of this stuff, it'd better make me look like freaking Kate Beckinsale. That didn't happen so hello again, L'oreal.