clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1%

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for surface-level acne and it helps prevent cysts from forming. Now that my skin is already dry, I find this product to be drying but I didn't when I was younger. It's a great product for teenage acne. It's covered completely by my insurance.

This stuff is awesome. Like the person below me, I don't want to use it everyday, but my God, it's so effective, I'm going to use it whenever I have an event in a couple of days or something. It works FAST.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ridiculous! I don't usually suffer from more than the occasional pimple, but since transitioning off and then back on birth control pills, my chin has been a wreck. Angry looking acne, a new zit popping up every day, often cystic and painful. I tried using a salicylic acne wash at night and applying my usual Retin A more often, and no success whatsoever.

Enter Clindamycin 1% gel. I reluctantly (antibiotics are not something I wanna use regularly) started putting this on twice a day just a few days ago. Already, I have absolutely no zits. That's right -- I would usually have about eight different zits on my chin, but all I have now are red marks. The inflammation and zits are totally gone!

One great thing about this product is, for me, it is extremely gentle. When I use retinoids or salicylic acid as often as directed, my face gets so red my face get so red and it peels. Make up over red and peeled skin looks OK for two hours, but then when your face starts to exfoliate throughout the day, you end up looking horrifying. My grandma literally asked me what's wrong with my chin (LOL) -- not the case with clindamycin. It's so gentle I haven't noticed any dryness or redness.

This product is supposed to be used continually, but I can't imagine using an antibiotic every day. Yes, there is some systemic absorption. And it would totally suck to become resistant to this drug. So my game plan is to use it when things get bad!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit:
Only used it for a week and haven't tried it again- skin stayed the same, so I doubt it was this that caused the change... but ya never know...

-------

I have the one that comes in the bingo dapper looking bottle..

I was using epiduo for 4 months with little to no results -- the past week, i introduced clindamycin into the routine. HOLY COW--- amazing difference! It dries the hell outta those buggers. I use it as a spot treatment, i imagine my whole face would get dry if i used it everywhere.... I'll update again in a month

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Godsend. I was prescribed this in highschool when acne and roscea got pretty bad. My skin became, flawless afterwards.

Speedup 10 years..... My acne is back and nastier than ever. Even worse, I don't have insurance so....

I break open four clindamycin pills, empty it into a bottle of sea breeze toner, and viola! DIY clindamycin toner.

I applied this toner daily. My cystic acne and roscea are completely gone with a month.

Make sure you follow up with a good moisturizer and maybe an acne system like murad. That's what I use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This stuff is great. After three months on Epiduo and the oral antibiotic Solodyn (minocycline), my dermatologist transitioned me over to topical clindamycin in the mornings and Epiduo in the evening. I would say that my skin was 75% clear by the time I went on clindamycin, and this has definitely helped clear me up the rest of the way and keep me steady.

This came in a metal tube for around $15 with my insurance - so much, much cheaper than any other prescription acne meds I've been on (for reference, the Solodyn cost me $85 with my insurance and a coupon, and would have been an absolutely unbelievable $900 WITH insurance, without the coupon). The gel is clear and easy to spread. I squeeze out a pea-sized amount in the mornings, spread it all over my face, and then wait five minutes for it to dry before putting on moisturizer and my makeup. It doesn't affect makeup application at all. Unlike other acne meds, it's very gentle. I haven't experienced the extreme drying and pain that came with Epiduo (for the record, it was worth it).

One thing I will say about this is that it is just clindamycin, no other additional acne-fighting ingredients. Obviously, this is something you should talk about with your doctor, but I have my doubts about its effectiveness at treating a full face of severe acne. I think I really needed Epiduo's pore declogging retinol and BP for that. It's been a great stabilizer for me, and awesome at clearing up small breakouts, but I don't think that it has the capability to turn problem skin around on its own. You need more than just an antibiotic for that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff.. More in depth review later :)

BE PATIENT WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!! It took a little over a month for it to kick in. Here's my experience with this product. The first two weeks, there was absolutely no change in my acne or skin and I was applying twice a day (in the morning and before bed). Then the third week using Clindamycin WAM! Breakouts all over my face. Like really bad ones. I was about fed up with it and took like a 3-4 day break from using this product because I felt like it was useless. Then I started back up with it. JUST RECENTLY like 3 days ago I noticed a drastic change in my skin. The painful cyst-like pimples I would always get on my chin and nose suddenly shrunk and started healing. I was so relieved!! I also noticed a huge change in the appearance of my acne scars. They're getting lighter. I also found with this product that it works so much better when you apply all over your face rather then spot treating, so it can stop future pimples from springing up out of nowhere. I apply twice a day. I wash my face in the morning, moisturize, then apply the clindamycin and let it settle before applying my daily sunscreen and makeup (it doesn't flake under makeup or make you look cakey since it's gel). Then at night I take off my makeup with coconut oil and wash my face with acne cleanser, moisturize, and apply this product. THIS PRODUCT WAS A LIFE SAVER FOR ME because I am severely allergic to benzoyl-peroxide which really sucked since it seemed like all the acne solutions that actually work contain benzoyl peroxide. I am so happy with my skin (even thought it's not even cleared up yet) and I can't wait for what this product can do overtime!!

I ready like to use this clindamycin phosphate topical gel again it very good and will like to buy it

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used this product in conjunction with retin-a for over a year. Pros - Best thing about this is that it's gentle on skin. Complements other harsher oral or topical applications such as doxycycline, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide because the gel is soothing and doesn't add to flaky and irritated skin. When used over popped pimples, it alleviates the inflammation. As an antibiotic, can feel that it helps in keeping the acne in control and contributes to clear skin with very little or no irritation at all. Cheap and a tube of 30g can last me 6 months. Have great love for this product - I use the one by Pfizer. Cons - only one: your skin will eventually build resistance to this. Unfortunately after a year of continued use; once a day, everyday in the morn - my acne has managed to come back. Have now been put on Clindoxyl which is a combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. I'm very sensitive, almost "allergic" to benzoyl peroxide but the clindamycin content helps to make it tolerable for me. If you find that clindamycin one day does not work for you, you can look at other preparations in combination of it.

2-year edit: do not get on this product. The blowback will be the worst acne than even before you started out with. It'll make you regret you even went on medication in the first place. Do not use antibiotics for acne. I'm currently healing my skin with a raw food diet. Look up Dr Morse ND on YouTube.