April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Treatments - clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1%

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mama45

I ready like to use this clindamycin phosphate topical gel again it very good and will like to buy it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by delias29

Used this product in conjunction with retin-a for over a year. Pros - Best thing about this is that it's gentle on skin. Complements other harsher oral or topical applications such as doxycycline, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide because the gel is soothing and doesn't add to flaky and irritated skin. When used over popped pimples, it alleviates the inflammation. As an antibiotic, can feel that it helps in keeping the acne in control and contributes to clear skin with very little or no irritation at all. Cheap and a tube of 30g can last me 6 months. Have great love for this product - I use the one by Pfizer. Cons - only one: your skin will eventually build resistance to this. Unfortunately after a year of continued use; once a day, everyday in the morn - my acne has managed to come back. Have now been put on Clindoxyl which is a combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. I'm very sensitive, almost "allergic" to benzoyl peroxide but the clindamycin content helps to make it tolerable for me. If you find that clindamycin one day does not work for you, you can look at other preparations in combination of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I used to use the bottle one but the alcohol was making me overproduce oil. So I had a horrid pimple under my eye that got infected it was weird because I didn't try to pop it or anything. Well my Doc said I needed antibiotics so I said could I have some topical Clindamycin and he wrote me for the gel. I have the 1% and it also has allantoin which helps lighten the spots. Well this in combo with my Retin A is heaven. My skin is so calm and even and the pimples that try to come when I put this on my skin it made the pimple dry up.

I am really happy with the gel and I also am using the Greenstone brand and it was $1.10 with my insurance so I'm happy it's cheap and it works. It can bring pimples up but I notice if you don't pop and just put the Clindo on it does dry up. This month as you ladies know I always break out near that time of the month with this it has kept my skin from getting out of hand. Any pimples I had have dried up. Even my boy friend has noticed and say's my skin looks really nice without makeup. I'm getting to where I don't need makeup or just a little concealer and I'm good. I really recommend this to try because it does help. It might not cure all your spots but honestly it does do a lot and my skin is better now with the Clindo then alone with just the Retin a.

Best of luck I hope it helps someone like it has me.:)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by FlatShoesLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A dermatologist prescribed me this for my occasional inflamed pimples. According to him, this was supposed to help reduce the redness. Like any topical antibiotic I ever used, I can't tell a difference between using this or water. It doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good. My derm prescribed this when I complained about pimples on my neck. I've always had issues with acne, but the neck stuff was killing me. I'm happy to say the neck breakouts are no more and my face is much clearer too. No dryness, but I feel like my skin gets oilier now. I'd rather deal with blotting papers than zits though! I usually apply it twice a day and it actually stopped a cystic chin pimple in its tracks! I want to wait a couple of months before I give a 5-star endorsement, but it's well on its way. Only $10 with my insurance too...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by robbieb

I had a stubborn little red bumps, sort of like a pimple rash on my rear end from exercising all the time. Nothing really helped much until my dermatologist prescribed this lotion and any kind of anti-bacterial body wash. (I started using Dial. I guess all my fabulous body washes will have to collect dust.) The rash/bumps/pimples cleared up within a few days, so I use that combo for every shower and certainly never keep my workout pants on for longer than necessary. Thrilled to not have a rashy red bottom anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Kcalcagno

this product works amazing on acne scars and breakouts. i saw immediate results when using this product. i was prescribed by doctor and my face has never been this clear. loveeeee works the best and i have sensitive skin the gel is so gentle it leaves your face feeling smooth. i apply am and pm everyday to prevent future breakouts. does not dry ur skin at all as other acne products do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

UGGG!!! I hate this stuff!! I begged for an Rx years ago because I used to use it and was breaking out like crazy due to hormones, but it never seemed to clear me up at all. As a matter of fact, it always brought the acne UP to the surface and made a head when it didn't have one before. NOTHING actually stopped a painful cystic acne in it's tracks. All this did was make it poppable, which I did, because how can you not! Years later I find out most of my acne is due to product allergies so maybe the chemistry wasn't right for me. I don't need anything so strong. But back then I didn't know that. Clindamycin just isn't for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UNBELIEVABLE....I had tried every over the counter item. I loved proactive for years, but frankly as I got older the 3 steps and the taste and the resulting film on my face from applying the cream were too much for my skin. I had dry spots combined with acne and overall my skin looked terrible. I broke down and finally saw a derm when my allergies kicked in the spring on top of my acne and a newer issue....rosacea! I looked unkempt and swollen even with makeup on. My derm prescribed this stuff and now 4 months in I look almost like I never had skin issues. It delivers and I will not do without it! I noticed it did the most difference on my chin, first then forehead and nose. Most stubborn was the sides of my face, lots of scarring. Now if I do get more blemishes they are very shallow and heal up quicker like when I was young. Overall my skin looks more even toned, even textured and, balanced in terms of oiliness. As a side effect my skin appears younger to me! It took time, but even the stubborn areas on the sides of my face are evening out. SO grateful! I am considering aiming for going without foundation by Christmas!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I've never really gotten acne to any great degree, however, since I hit motherhood at 32, I've suspected I've had rosacea. Yet, I'd never really done anything about my skin condition (other than a gentle cleanser, sunscreen, and a Chanel mask). Then, in recent weeks, my skin descended into complete chaos and made me miserable, with itchy, stinging, burning eruptions on my cheeks and jawline that simply couldn't be concealed or comforted by the application of anything. Since I work in a clinical environment, I figured that this wasn't something that I could or should keep ignoring. Particularly now that I'm 38. So, somewhat reluctantly, I hauled myself off to my primary care provider. They confirmed the dx of roascea and also noted that I had some mild, facial sun damage (not surprising after so many hot, sun-exposed New Zealand Summers-even though I applied susnscreen religiously from the age of 12). In addition, I'm naturally very very fair-complexioned. Immediately, they suggested and prescribed topical clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1% (Greenstone Brand) (Cleocin/Clinda-Derm) It wasn't covered by my insurance, so cost me about US$27 for 30g. Directions were to apply topically, twice a day for 30 days. Within just a few days, my worst skin eruptions have faded considerably, together with the accompanying irritation. So far, I haven't noticed any dryness or other side effects, either. The best part, is the restoration of my self-confidence. This has made a real difference, and I don't know why I hesitated so long before opting for some real 'treatment' to tackle it. This is definitely worth every penny, even if it's not covered by your insurance plan.