Bath and Body Works Carried Away

on 3/1/2015 6:56:00 AM

I had the fine fragrance mist in this scent, so not sure how it would match up to the actual perfume in the same range, but for me this smelt really lovely. I was a bit cautious at first because on the B&BW website it says this has top notes of raspberries and vanilla - which I really don't like - but in all honesty I could never smell them. Instead this had a fresh, citrus scent which I found to be perfect for summertime. It's not heavy but did seem to last all day as long as I remembered to spritz some on my clothes as well as on my skin before leaving the house.

An 8fl oz (236ml) bottle costs $14.00 (around £9.00) but B&BW have such great deals on most of the time, you're certain to pick this up cheaper. The bottle lasted me well over 3 months (not using it every day), so in my opinion it's well worth the money, especially as it had real lasting power which some of the more expensive scents I've tried can't claim to have. Well worth a try if you're looking for something a little lighter and fresher for the spring/summer months.

on 5/6/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I took one look at the notes, which seemed to be specially formulated just for me, and ordered this online. I was a bit scared to whether this would live up to all I had imagined, but it did. Clean, fresh and sweet, this scent really DOES seem to sweep you off your feet! The vanilla shines through, and the raspberries give it a delectable yummy touch. The flowery jasmine scent is particularly nostalgic for me. It reminds me of my childhood bedroom when a huge bush of Queen of the Nights would bloom right outside my window. I don't know if the plants are related, but the scent is almost exactly the same - beautiful and heady. In spite of being a combination of strong fragrances, it isn't overwhelming. It's feminine and a bit girly, fresh and lovely. I have the body mist which is extremely value for money - I got 8 fl oz for less than 900 INR (about 15 USD). The stays power isn't too high but I prefer it that way, I'll just carry the bottle with me when I go out for more than 2-3 hours. It's a light, happy scent, perfect for both day and evening wear. I think it would be best for spring, but it wouldn't clash with any season.

on 12/27/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely smell - light, fresh, fruit/floral and feminine. BUT. I find it has a very low staying power...I find myself having to reapply every few hours. So would I repurchase? No.

I still use the cream and shower gel though, the scent lasts and it's a nice undertone to other, similar scents.

on 11/17/2013 10:17:00 PM

I really like the smell of this but I the guys that have their locker near me hate it a lot unlike country chic they liked last year they loved that one. It's weird cuz the girls want to use it so I will just use a different one although I love it

on 10/3/2013 2:26:00 AM

I bought a couple mini body mists in this scent when it first came out, and I'm still using them up. I'm glad I bought a few, because I can keep them in various places (purse/car/room) so I can touch-up wherever I am. Unfortunately, I need to touch this up quite a bit, because it only lasts 2 or 3 hours on me. That's typical of body mists for me, though, so I can't complain too much.
I'd describe this scent as a sweet fruity/floral, leaning more fruity. I smell lemon, raspberry, jasmine, and vanilla when I spray this. It sounds overwhelming, but it's really a nice, fresh scent. I think it's an awesome fragrance for the springtime. I'm glad I stocked up on this!

on 7/4/2013 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smell is so unique. I have never smelled something like this before. I can't even explain it. You will have to smell it for yourself. Perfect for everyday use. It's not too strong and it sits really well with my body.

on 4/15/2013 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of my favorite scents from BBW. The packaging is adorable, all blue and pink and the scent is divine. BBW describes this scent to be designed "the smell the way falling in love feels" They could not have done a better job with the description as how that is exactly what it is like. its light, sweet, and fruity. absolute perfection, I only marked it down a lippie because it doesnt last very long. It is almost necessary to keep in your purse so you can reapply later. However, I would still repurchase over and over.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This smelled like whipped cream and strawberries when I first sprayed it.. It was nice at first, but then it turned nauseating, and the whipped cream smell turned more into a sour milk smell. I guess it just doesn't work with my body chemistry, because my friend has this, and it smells amazing on her.

One of my favorite scents! Very girly and flirty. Scent is long lasting also!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #7] To me, Carried Away started out as an underachiever, then it became an underdog. I never had anything against it; it just took a long time to distinguish itself. Cute packaging concept (bouquets of various flowers floating in the sky like balloons), but kind of “meh” in execution. Nice fragrance (tart notes of raspberry and meyer lemon mellowed by jasmine and creamy earthy sweetness), but not a huge shakeup from any other fruit-meets-flowers in my experience. So I ignored it and ignored it until, long story short, it took an accident—a lotion eruption--to get some on me. Deciding to just go with it, I raided the samples for more, plus a few blasts of fragrance mist. Imagine my surprise when it didn’t disappoint. The fruity tang, whang, whatever melted down into the floral heart, creating a clean, vaguely lickable freshness that I never would have expected, given my temperamental body chemistry. It’s not a very self-evident scent once it’s settled into your skin—well, my skin, really—but I like that subtlety, and even as it’s ghosting out, it retains most of its upbeat, free-spirited personality. Also, for the record, I don’t think it smells anything like Sweet Pea, despite sharing a fragrance note or two: Sweet Pea is more of an old-money-antibellum-front-porch-with-a-mint-julep thing, whereas Carried Away evokes a younger, looser, girls-just-wanna-have-fun mood. Will definitely purchase the minis come spring.

Popular Fragrances