November 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Personal Microderm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jcuningham

I bought this at Costco a week ago. I've used it twice. I'm very happy with the results!

Look, for those of you with circular marks on your face, or abrasions, it will do that if you don't hold the skin taut! You have to hold the skin taut AND keep the device moving! Granted, if you have very sensitive skin, maybe you shouldn't be using it!

I'm 54 years old. I've been a sun worshipper for years. My skin still looks nice but has some dark pigment due to sun exposure. I've only used this twice, but I swear I can already see a difference!

Also, the instructions are VERY basic. They could probably do a better job of explaining the dos and don'ts, but seriously? Do your own homework, ladies! When it is your skin at stake, or anything else for that matter, I would suggest NEVER taking someone else's word.

I bought this at Costco, took it home, watched the video and then went online to read reviews!

If you do this, I promise, you will have good results! (And yes, I got little circular marks on my face. Nothing permanent! You know why? I didn't follow the instructions and moved up to the green disc and skipped the blue one all together. Yep. My fault!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by JayneJR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The PMD is a phenomenal product. I've been using the tool the past few months, and I'm beyond impressed with what it is doing for my skin. I feel like my face has never looked brighter or more smooth, and I've been getting so many compliments on my skin lately. I literally couldn't be more thrilled with this purchase! Well worth the money, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

From reading the bad reviews here I think these girls have extremely sensitive skin! I suffer from melasma, causing my skin to be blotchy and also hormonal acne. My mom bought this for me off the the shopping channel and I was a skeptic at first. It works by exfoliating the dead skin so that your skin responds by making more collagen. There are many disks in the one I got (the Pro): white, grey, green, blue and red. I started with the most gentle. It does take getting used to. The trick is to keep it moving and not press too hard. I was amazed at how smooth my skin felt after one use, like no other product. It is not something that you will notice amazing results overnight. The skin will be red (slight) in a few spots but that goes away for me in a few minutes. Also might look chalky and flakey due to the shed skin cells.

It's been about a month now and I just tried the red tip (most abrasive) since my skin is pretty tolerant. It felt slightly more tingly than before but so smooth. Although I still have my blotchy spots on the forehead, my other spots are much more controlled (I am usually much worse now in summer time) and I my acne has been on the good side ( a few small spots only which is good for me). If you are serious about skin care this product is excellent. If you are impatient and do not want the comittment (once a week) than this is not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

Spent over $200 CND and it's pretty much a waste. I'm not sure why all the hype on this, exfoliating with baking soda gives my face a far better "glow" than this! Also... To the ladies that do use microdermabrasion frequently: be careful to not overdue it as it could actually cause you to look more aged in the long run in terms of thinner skin and enlarged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Missdaspot

I used to receptionist at a spa where they did microdermabrasion, and I have had treatments which I loved! But of course after left that position and I no longer had my employee discount, I stopped getting them. I had seen a lot of videos on youtube reviewing this product, and I thought I'd give it a try. I did the math, and realized if it really did do what it claimed to do, I could have weekly microdermabrasion treatments for $7 (I included the cost of replacement disks too), which is CRAZY cheap compared to spa prices. I have super combination skin-way oily on my cheeks and dry pretty much everywhere else. I will say that since I've started using this my skin is seriously so smooth and I breakout wayy less, and my skin has normaled out a lot, like my skin isn't so dry and my skin doesn't get so oily. I love it!! I watched the DVD it came with and probably watched a bajillion how-to videos before I actually used it. Some of the common problems people had were the exfoliating part not being pushed all the way in, moving it too slowly, and going over a stop more than once, so I made sure I didn't do any of those. Once I got a little comfortable and went over a scar over my eyebrow a few extra times and it got red, and was red for a day or so, but I know it's because I overused it. I cannot say enough good things about the PMD, when people tell me I have beautiful skin, I tell them its because of my PMD. If you want to even out your skin, and get compliments all the time, you should absolutely use this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by fattykat

I am skin obsessive so naturally, with all the buzz on Youtube going around I couldn't resist and purchased this PMD system. After watching all the demo videos, I used the training head and it was easy enough to use. I stayed with that for few weeks and didn't see much difference nor did I feel much "buffing" action. I decided to graduate to the next level heads that came with the system, which are blue. Horrible idea! Every part of the skin I touched turned extremely irritated and red, I stopped using it after a few strokes because it was simply too painful. Even the places where I barely touched (tab/suck and off) formed scabs of circular shapes all over my face. I regret purchasing this device very much but since Iíve paid a fortune on it, I think I will use it on the rough skin on feet instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and this product has been working great for me. I use the blue (sensitive disc) on my face and I notice after maybe 2-3 months of using that my acne scars are fading, pimples decreasing, and smoother looking skin. I use the pmd once a week and follow with a toner after, red skin is normal and should go down after a few minutes. My skin is not totally clear but there's a huge difference from how it looked before, it takes time!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by christinamariehollis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product NO stars, I would. I watched numerous reviews on this product. I watched the DVD it came with twice and followed the directions word for word. I did a patch test on my arm and neck with the white disk. I had no reactions. So I followed onto my face. I made sure to pull my skin tight and move the PMD quickly in an upward motion, and never once did I hover in one area. I also only went over each area once. When I was finished I followed with an all natural witch hazel toner and an aloe and green tea moisturizer. About 5 minutes later I had severe burn marks on my face. My face was hot and the burns were burning. I do not have sensitive skin whatsoever. I have been very, very abrasive with my face in the past with treatments and have never ever had a reaction like this. I have like tiger stripes up my entire face where ever I passed the PMD. It is so bad that I cannot even cover it with makeup. And if I tried to I'm sure that it would get infected. So of course I called the company to return the product. I told the guy what happened. Of course his initial reaction was to tell me I used it wrong. I ensured him that I did not and that I followed every single instruction. He then told me that the same thing happened to him the first time that he used the PMD... as if that was supposed to comfort me. He told me that it would heal in 3-5 days. A lot of good that does me when I can't even leave my house now. He tried to convince me to keep the device by sending me a free moisturizer, which I declined. He even told me that once my face heals I should use it again to "even out my face." I told him that was the most absurd thing I had ever heard. why would I want to wreck my face this way again?! I will never recommend this device to anyone. I will actually recommend against it. With this device there is way too much room for error and it should be discontinued. Thankfully the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is helping to heal my face somewhat quickly (although breaking me out, but id rather be broken out than have burns on my face).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by anne5025

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I can only give this 4 stars. I works wonders on my skin

----HOWEVER---I experienced the same problems others did. It stopped working after 2 months. I called the company and they gladly replaced it. That one stopped working after 2 weeks and I gave up and threw it in the trash, so fed up, I didn't even call for my money back. I was shopping at Costco the other day, and they had them on special. I chatted with the person selling them and told her my problem with the other one. She said the company had corrected this problem (it sounds like she lied to me, as others are still experiencing this problem).

The device will suck up your skin and cause abrasions, if you are not careful. I had this happen, however, the area where the scabs were, cleared up and my skin was ever so much more smooth and clear. I got so many compliments on my skin. I am 58 and it definately smoothes out wrinkles and age spots. I am using my new PMD like crazy, hoping that it will continue to work. I was only willing to try it again, because Costco has such a wonderful return policy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by churakagi23

I bought the PMD last year only to have it stop working (no suction) I used it maybe a few times. Never did anything. I contacted PMD and returned it for a "brand new " unit. I received it about 2months ago. Again, I used it maybe 3-4 times and what do you know, it stopped working again! It is such a huge waste of money and you girls/guys that bought it know this! I wish i would have just saved my money so I am writing for you guys who are thinking of buying this...don't. Just save your money!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No