rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.9

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

The hardest question to answer for this review is "would you buy this again if you lost or ran out of it" - I'm very on the fence so I've said "no", why you ask? Because if that's how I feel then it's likely I'd go spend my money on another more appealing product.
That said, this is a lovely product for the following reasons:

The line is based on coconut oil and all the products come in adorable cute little pots which are really lovely for travel. This highlighter has a balmy consistency and is moisturising so provided you don't have an issue with coconut oil on your skin this will provide moisture and glow which is what a great number of people are seeking when they're buying cosmetics.

I think one of the things people should know about this highlight is that it's not particularly "out there" - it's subtle and as such may prove to be disappointing to some people, I like it because it's not obvious I'm wearing anything glow giving and the consistency of it tends to "melt" into the skin which equates to an imperceptible highlighter if there ever was one. If you want something with more clout then go with Beccas Pearl highlighter which I've also tried...RMS is very bare faced glow and Becca's is more ethereal if that makes sense.

This little pot is very versatile meaning you could, if you wanted use it as an eye gloss, mix with lipstick or balm or anything like that - the moisture factor in this is one of the selling points as is the portability. It would be a good buy for older ladies who wanted a bit of glow but nothing too crazy, it's not easily mixed with foundation though due to the fact it's quite a stiff formula and is better dabbed onto the skin as an afterthought.

Lovely, and one pot should last you forever.

This was nothing special for me, it does look nice although more matte than I expected, hasn't broken me out, and is really just super overpriced for what it is. I much prefer the more expensive but better performing Becca Shimmering skin Perfector in Pearl.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this. Being in my early 30s, I am more careful with what I am using on my skin. This one is just perfect, being all natural. Plus, it gives the most perfect illuminizing effect on my skin (NC 35). I hate that powdery effect that the Laura Mercier one gives or that much too glittery effect from YSL or NARS. Natural in the pot, natural on my skin.

This creamy, all-natural luminizer really makes skin radiate. It is very natural-looking and application is easy to control because of its creamy formula so you can hit all those key areas to create a luminous effect. I really love this product, and the only reason I may not rebuy is the high pricetag...but it is well worth it if you can spend the cash!

Beautiful white highlighter. Extremely natural. However, it is not worth the price. I would pay 20.00 for this, maybe, but with the ingredients being what they are it is a bit of a rip off. Coconut oil could almost give you the same glow for cheaper than this.

I do like this highlighter, don't get me wrong. I especially like it in summer when it kind of melts in its jar and is extremely easy to blend and apply. It can look a bit oily/sweaty after a bit but I am usually ok with that. I love a lot of glow. For some people, however, the greasy look it can give will leave you running in the opposite direction.

I love the look of this product but sadly it makes me get terrible bumpy skin and little dotty breakouts whenever I use it.

I am very disappointed in RMS. I spent a fortune on their products as I thought they would be organic and safe but so far this, the eye shadows and lip 2 cheeks have all led to bad skin.

I do not recommend. I think it might be the mix of mica, coconut oil and other stuff. Who knows, either way, total waste of money. PM me if you tolerate this and want to buy it for cheap from me.

i love this product. the shimmer is unlike any other highlighter i've used, much more natural. i use it on my browbone and cheeks. weird thing is i used to dab it on my inner eye as instructed and i think i had an allergic reaction to it-just in that spot. my skin got dark red and flaky, but i stopped putting it there and no further problems. i've been using it daily for at least a month and haven't yet made a dent in the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not worth the hype. Not even close to worth the price. I tried this for years, it just doesn't work AND. It breaks me out. Nothing breaks me out but COCONUT OIL, the second ingredient (i believe). And the first ing. is mica. So if you're interested in this product get some coconut oil and cosmetic grade mica from tkbtrading(not affiliated). Nothing but a greasy type of glow (and I'm all about glow) Becca ssp in pearl is way better than this stuff and much more versatile. Would not recommend to anyone really (and I say that very rarely).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this after reading a lot of good reviews - natural glow, good day time highlighter, not coloured, natural ingredients - it sounded so promising! So far, it's a bit nothingy, so I have started using it every day just to try and fall in love with it. I live in the UK, so maybe it's the lack of sunlight not the product, but I cannot see it on my cheek bones at all - it just disappears, no sheen or hint of a highlighter at all! I have very dry skin, and it smooths away the rough patches on my cheeks which crop up in winter, which is a bonus. I think those with oily skin may struggle with this product, as it seems to be very oily - made from coconut oil and beeswax.
The reasons I would purchase again are: it looks amazing dotted on inner corners of eyes, giving a bright eyed look (I have mega shadows) however the cheaper Eye Bright does the same job; it is very moisturising; maybe in the summer, I'll finally notice it on my cheeks. Overall on me, not so much a highlighter, more a skin soother.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Like the previous reviewer, I too have dark Indian skin. Although I read that it works for all skin tones, this "luminizer" only made my face look ashy and greasy. Also there are absolutely no guides available online on how to use this on dark skin. This was pretty expensive and I feel sad that I believed all the hype. I'm sure it works great on fairer skin tones but the product should not promise it works for everyone.