Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 7/18/2015 4:36:00 PM

I really like this product. I find it light and refreshing. I use it once a day at night and it takes care of the few dry patches that I have. Just today I repurchased another jar. I do recommend it.

on 6/16/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing light moisturizer! It goes on and gets absorbed quickly with no greasiness.

on 6/15/2015 9:22:00 PM

I actually used this moisturizer exclusively for 5 years. It was in a different package- it looked like a mini Version of the face wash in a squeeze tube. I prefer the old packaging because I like the cleanliness of not dipping my fingers into the pot of moisturizer. But, this is the same produce I was so in love with yeas ago! My skin goes from oily to dry in a matter of hours. This moisturizer is perfect. It smells nice and fresh and it absorbs well. I stopped using it because I couldn't find it. It's calming on my skin even during breakouts. I'm so happy I found this again!

on 5/27/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A friend had given it to me after I told her I was looking for a gel moisturizer since I have oily skin. She said it had made her break out, but she has sensitive skin so I figured I could still at least give it a shot. I've been using it for about 7 months (I repurchased it a month or two ago because at the time I really liked it) but I can't say it does anything. On application my skin feels refreshed, but after a few minutes it doesn't feel any more moisturized than it had been before. I just started using a retinoid a few weeks ago, so my skin has been dry, and this product does not help at all.

on 5/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very acne prone skin, so I was excited to try this product as I had heard that it was light, fresh, and wouldn't clog pores. My cheeks and under eye are are normal, with my t zone being very oily as the day goes on. I used this after a shower when I needed a bit of moisture and I'm telling you right now. It did absolutely nothing. It produced a minty feeling on my face for about 5 minutes and then it was gone. No moisturization, nothing. I am very disappointed. This is basically water with some perfumed chemicals, and it hasn't worked for me. Even in these summer months. Definitely a miss.

on 5/22/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is nice moisturizer if you have very oily skin. I have combo skin and find I can only use it in the hottest summer months. It's not hydrating enough for me otherwise. The reason I'm giving this a high rating is because I think this formula works great when you mix it with liquid foundation to make a tinted moisturizer. I've been using equal parts this plus my Revlon Colorstay and it makes a wonderful combo! It's cooling, spreads well, and dries quickly. My skin looks great using it this way. Try it out if you have this and want to find a way to use it up.

on 5/18/2015 12:06:00 PM

This smells like a fruity alcoholic beverage which I do not like :( I am kind of surprised that hardly any reviews mention the scent of alcohol in this. I haven't used it enough to tell if it's good, but the scent makes me hesitant to keep trying it. I will update later, but I felt it was important to get the information of how this thing smells out there.

on 5/16/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I guess if you have more oily skin this product is good, but for someone who needs moisture, it does nothing. There's a dry skin version of this but I'm not gonna waste my money with it. I think that this gel-cream has more of a gel consistency, and it feels like you're rubbing water on your face lol. It's really cooling and it absorbs quickly, but it leaves a sticky residue and I find that the sides of my nose show dry flaky skin after a few minutes, even after exfoliating and applying this. But I'm not too upset considering the price, so if you're slightly oily, you won't be breaking the bank if you want to try it out

on 4/14/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Been using this for a few weeks now. I normally buy Clarins Hydraquench cream gel for normal-combination skin but it's pretty pricey and wanted a cheaper alternative. This is a great gel moisturizer and a very good alternative to Clarins. It's very light, much more gel than cream but it does feel fairly moisturizing, almost like there's some oil to it (probably the silicone lol). It dries/absorbs very quickly and leaves a fairly matte finish. I am not a huge fan of the jar packaging but I can live with it, the colour is pretty (I know this doesn't matter but it helps lol) and the price is right. I have not had a single breakout from this yet even if I reapply to a dry area. I really dislike the scent, it's smells like bad fruit to me. Would repurchase. A great buy imo for anyone with oily/combo/acne prone skin. I am not sure this would be enough moisture for someone with dry to very dry skin.

on 3/28/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have been using this for a few years now. They changed the packaging bit and theres seems to be less moisturizer but it is refreshing but it does a good job at moisturizing without greasiness.

Popular Moisturizers