December 19, 2014 | 1500 users online

Sunscreen - Coppertone - Sensitive Skin Faces SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this sunscreen. I burn even on cloudy days due to my extremely sensitive rosacea skin. Not only does it keep me from burning but I had no reaction from it at all. My skin reacts to almost everything and this sunscreen even seems to sooth my face when having a rosacea flare up. It does leave a whiteish appearance after applying but if that's all I have to deal with then so what. Anyone with rosacea knows what I'm talking about. I even wear a light layer at night to keep my skin calm and soothed. I highly recommend this for anyone that burns easily and has super sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sure someone already mentioned it but this is one of the SPFs recommened on EWG's 2013 guide... It also appears to be the exact same formula as Coppertone's "Water Babies Pure & Simple," "Kids Pure & Simple," and "Sensitive Skin." I don't understand why they seem to be selling the exact same spf under 4 different labels but there you go.

This sunscreen claims to be for sensitive skin but it makes my skin red and inflamed and it totally burns whenever I have it on. I figure I'm sensitive to one of the chemical spfs in it.

Despite the slight burning sensation and the patchy redness it caused, I tried pretty hard to make it work due to the fact that it was supposed to be a reliable spf, but even ignoring the redness it causes (cause I get that it wont do this to everyone) the finish this stuff provides is just awful:

It doesn't actually feel so thick or heavy but it definitely LOOKS thick and heavy, which in turn made my makeup look absolutely slimy and disgusting. It also gave me a horrible ashy tone no matter how I tried to blend it. I even added a tiny bit of tumeric to my mu one day and while it helped it didn't completely fix it--there is also just no getting around the nasty texture of this stuff.

If this were a body spf I'd give it 3 but it's supposed to be for your face! I'd say if you're not gonna be caring how you look go for it but otherwise don't even bother trying it (seriously, my self esteem is still recovering).

UPDATE: I eventually fell back on this when I ran out of my other SPF. In a fit of desperation, (I dont want more sun damage), I was able to make it work by mixing it with a tiny bit of arrow root powder to counteract the greasy slickness (doesn't make my skin so red anymore either). Baby powder or cornstarch would probably do the same. I still only stick with it bc none of the other spfs that EWG recs seem compatible with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

conflicted with this product...I like that its fragrance free hypoallergenic and doesn't break me out BUT...it goes on very thick and creamy for my liking... it also has a very heavy white film when first applied so i don't like that I can't just slap it on and go. But for the price it does what it's supposed to. I also like that it doesn't really have oxybenzone which isn't good for your skin. I am an avid runner so I need a good sunscreen that won't break my oily skin out. anf although I stated that I don't like that it's a bit thick for this reason..it hasn't broken me out yet and is very sweat resistant, doesn't run down and sting my eyes. I would wear it as sun protection alone but would be Afraid to layer it under makeup..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

I was going to buy the Coppertone Oil Free Faces Sunblock in SPF 30, but then I saw this sunblock right next to it and figured I should get this instead, since it has SPF 50. They were both the same price, but this Coppertone (Sensitive Skin) had less product than the Coppertone Oil Free Faces SPF 30. Anyway I got home and put the sunblock on my face and was very surprised at how white my face was (during the winter my skin is pretty light, and this sunblock made my face a whole shade paler). I put on my tinted moisturizer to add some color, but that didn't help much. I left it on for about an hour thinking it would sink in, but when I checked again the whiteness/paleness was still there. Also while I was putting it on, the sunblock had a very thick consistency and was hard to spread out and apply on my face. I had to rub it in a lot to get it to "blend" in. The only good thing is that my face did not get oily (I ended up wearing the sunblock for 4 hours) and my face did not break out.
I think that if you have fair, oily, and sensitive skin, this product will fit you well.
On the other hand, I will be returning this and trying the Coppertone Oil Free Faces Sunblock SPF 30 instead since it has better reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

I join the others who "love love love" this sunscreen. High SPF and it does not break me out nor leave me too dry or oily. It is easy to find at drugstores and the price is right. I know it is scarey at first as it does go on with a heavy white cast but for fair skin, this sinks in within a couple of minutes. For darker skin, I can imagine adding a tinted moisturizer to it would help though it may not work for those who are not pale. It does not sting or irritate my sensitive skin nor break me out and it is a solid sunscreen. I keep trying more expensive facial sunscreens but they are not as good all around. I will just relax about it and let it sink in that I found something that works all around for my face...ah, finally!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this as a non-avobenzone/oxybenzone containing sunscreen because of its good rating on the EWG and because it contains zinc oxide. There is unfortunately evidence now that zinc oxide poses a possible skin cancer risk so I don't know what to do http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120507131951.htm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Neutrogena dry-touch and super advanced sunscreens but after researching their ingredients and finding out that the oxybenzone in them actually may cause damage to the skin, I decided to switch to a safer product. I was searching everywhere for affordable, safe sunscreen that contained zinc oxide and I was surprised to find such sunscreen at a drugstore! This product is AWESOME because it contains a high amount of zinc oxide while lacking oxybenzone. I have yet to find another sunscreen at such a low price with these two qualities.

The product does go on really white initially and it scared me on my first application. But if you let it sit for about 2 minutes, the whiteness disappears. The only problem I have with this sunscreen is that it it a bit greasy and I have to blot before I apply make up but really, it's no big deal. I am just so happy to have found such a great sunscreen at such a low price and I love that it is easy to find at different stores. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by cubancurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would not use on my face. Not because it's oily or heavy but after using japanese SS, (I currenly use sofina perfect white protect) I won't use anything but on my face. I use this on my neck, chest, arms, etc. It leaves a light white cast, the same as my sofina but much more moisterizing, leaves also a bit of a sheen. I did try on my face, just to see what it felt like and it is not heavy or filmy at all. It didn't make my face oily, but it also didn't mattify it like my japanese SS does. It felt as if I had nothing on my face, but there was a 'moisterizing sheen' to it. I would use on my face maybe only at the beach swimming where it doesn't really matter what I look like because no one looks good at the beach.

It does work great on my neck, chest and arms so I can save my expensive japanese SS for my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ughh I cant stand this sunscreen! I needed a sunscreen for everyday sun exposure and this was the only one I could find at Walmart aimed for sensitive skin. It does not leave a white cast like other sunscreens tend too but upon the first use this broke me out. I tried this again and I still suffered from another breakout.Compared to the price you pay for such a little tube its just not worth it. This might work for others but my skin is ultra sensitive and it takes forever for my blemishes to go away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this based on recommendations from the skincare board and it has worked well for me. My skin is very oily and acne and clog prone, but not particularly sensitive. This goes on very thick and white at first. You have to work it in. It's definitely not a slap on and go product. Once it's absorbed it is invisible and it works well under my makeup. I don't notice any white cast but I am pretty fair. I can use this all around my eyes (which are sensitive) with no irritation whatsoever. It's reasonably priced and readily available and has a good high percentage of zinc so I feel pretty protected. This has not broken me out or clogged my pores which is my biggest concern with any product. The only thing that keeps me from rating this five lippies is that it is a bit greasy even after giving it time to absorb, enough that I feel the need to blot before applying makeup. Once I do that it's fine and I don't think I get oilier throughout the day because of this product. Overall, it's probably as close to perfect as I'll get within my price range and since I got it I've used sunscreen daily, which I've never been able to say before. I would repurchase and recommend to others.