April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Great coverage, great SPF for UVA/UVB, good price, and non-comedogenic. My ONE complaint is the color range. I'm on the fair side, so the light-natural is still too dark. But this is a wonderful product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what i use everyday. I like how it comes with spf 50 in it. It gives somewhere in the middle of lightish-medium coverage. I think it gives my skin a glowy & dewy finish, and makes me look more healthy. The packaging is ok, could be a lot better. I bought this for about $12 at CVS but Ive also seen it at Wal-Mart and Walgreens. I would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by allno

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've recently developed rosacea and I will break out badly if I'm not wearing sunscreen. This foundation offers a high SPF which I need and I like the sheer coverage. But it does seem a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer. I've been using the light to natural shade and though it is a little dark, it lightens just fine after dusting with Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent.

I will say that this gets oily on me after a few hours and does fade some. I think it is the SPF in the product. The Rimmel does nothing really to help, I just use it to set my foundation. I'm on the lookout for a powder to carry with me to handle the oil slick.

I'm still on the search for my holy grail but will repurchase this in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by astronaughty

This product is great. I bought it for myself originally but after I put it on I realized the color was way too dark for me. But the actual product was still great. It has a smooth, matte finish. The finish reminds me of the Hourglass primer. Medium coverage, nice and even.

I gave it to my sister who has light-medium skintone and acne and she LOVES it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by bcam79

I love this stuff. I've been using tinted moisturizers and BB creams for years...and while there's no perfect product, this one is close to it for me. My typical gripes with others range from too matte to too drying - and this one is thankfully neither of those for me. But this! It provides nice, even, glowy coverage; it's SPF 50; it doesn't break me out; and at around $12-$14, it's really not too pricey. A few notes:

- I use this on top of my regular face lotion, since I need a little more moisture
- Definitely important to get the right tint - I'd originally picked up the Medium to Tan version, and while I was able to *tolerate* it, I was much happier when I realized there was a Light to Natural that worked better for my skin tone :P
- Using a few pumps in the morning, one bottle will last me 2+ months, which isn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I'm returning to this product as there is nothing out there like it. I;ve tried a ton of BB creams that are too greasy or last about half an hour...this one is TOTALLY natural.Coverage is probably medium. I have combo skin and even moisturize prior...takes a little longer than some to "set". The POWDER in this line is awsome too! Its like no other powder out there and I've tried them all unfortunately....I bought this in Fair/Ivory and its pretty good for my NC15 skin...could be a tad lighter in tone....I sweat at my job...working outside some and this lasts like nothing else....but not a flat matt look...It gives you a glow like a BB cream but eventually does set....in my opinion, its better than a BB cream....Physicians formula's BB cream is WAAAAAYYYY to dark...I just hope Physician's Formula doesnt stop making this product....plus its SPF 50 I think so you don't have to worry about getting enough SPF protection. It's a great product. TOTALLY UNDERRATED and UNDER ADVERTISED as its great. Will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My boyfriend always makes comments about how natural beauty is better and how I over do it with foundation and make it look like I wear a mask :-( I need full coverage because of acne scars and marks. This moisturizer is amazing! It covers and looks so natural! And a big plus is that it has decreased my break ours by 90%!!! I have super sensitive skin so foundations would cover but cause heavy break outs all over my face. This stuff is wonderful I'm so happy I switched over. It's light and feels like my skin. It also washes off easily! The SPF 50 is also wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was very lucky to have found this TM at my local Big Lots awhile ago when I saw a few girls online talking about finding PF products there. I was so happy to find a few things with a great price so I always heard good things about this TM and this I knew was the time to give it a try.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as most mass discount stores like Target, Kmart & Walmart. The price will vary as with any d/s product depending on location, sales, discounts & coupons. PF is generally very expensive & I think over priced for d/s but their products are good. I would like to try a few more products from them but they are expensive to me. Healthy Wear TM is priced generally around $12. I was lucky to find mine at Big Lots for only $4.50 which is a really great price. I would repurchase bc I like it but I'd def wait for a clearance sale.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer is a great lightweight tinted moisturizer which includes a spf 50. A high spf which is great for those who want to skip that step. Its great for my super pale skin. PF claims it " protects with its SPF boosters of 50 to stay protected longer w/out residue or greasiness. Its Prevents w/ potent antioxidant blend helps to prevent future UV damage & premature signs of aging. It also restores using licorice extracts, tomato derivatives which brighten skin & diminish the appearance of sun spots. There are so many great aspects of this TM. I purchased lightest shade "Ivory to Fair #7066" which sadly is still too dark for me. Its a warm tone shade. Those w/ very pale skin like me (w/ cool undertones) will find it too dark & warm but I have other fndts that I mix this with that makes it work. The shade will work for some. The formula is a thicker moisturizer feel, applies & blends easily. I like to use a damp sponge or my fingers for more coverage. The coverage is light but still evens out skin & covers some redness & discoloration. I can't use this alone since the color doesn't work for me. Of most TM's i've tried, this one is really good. Great for those w/ good skin or those who want a lightweight non-cakey foundation feel. It doesn't feel thick or heavy on the skin. Blends out w/out drying or emphasizing my dry spots. Wears well. I don't emphasize pores or wrinkles. It blends easily into skin without drying or pulling in any areas. It will work best for normal, dry or combo skin. Those w/ oily skin beware that it may oxidize or wear off easily for you. I don't like to set w/ powder unless its really hot outside. A light dusting is enough. I like how it doesn't dry out my skin & feels good throughout the day. I didnt notice any oxidizing or vanishing areas so it stays on well. I really like the almost gel like feeling/consistency. Can even work as a primer/moisturizer for those who need more coverage. This is a really nice tinted moisturizer. I just wish it wasn't so dark but it does not dry darker, which is nice as well. On top of a primer, this lasts for around 6 hours or so before i see a natural fading as w/ any tinted moisturizer. Setting w/ a powder may help it last longer. I like the natural finish, not matte nor dewy. Its natural looking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer comes in a really fun bright orange tube. The lid has a cute little pink ribbon. The logo/labeling is in bright pink writing. I like the packaging. It always draws my eyes to it. This includes the typical 1.0 fl oz of product. This tube is hard plastic and slim. The lid pops on/off easily. The pump is easy to use. Doesn't disperse too much product. Easily pump what is needed. I find this to be great packaging. I would like more foundation to be packaged like this. The only issue I would maybe say is that you can't see through the tube so it's hard to tell how much product is left. That's my only minor complaint. Otherwise, its fun & cute & very travel friendly. Can take it in your bag & go.
Overall, this is a really great tinted moisturizer. Its on the pricier end of drugstore makeup as most PF products are but if you are looking for a lightweight but decent coverage and have normal to dry skin, this will work for you. There unfortunately not too many shades to pick from either which is a bummer but I make it work. I see myself reaching for this in all seasons. Great for summer for the less is more & also even in winter since it does not dry out my skin like more matte formulas do. Overall, a really good product from Physicians Formula. Wish I could try more from their line. I would recommend to those who are looking for the coverage of a tinted moisturizer or who don't need a whole lot of makeup. I prob won't repurchase since I bought two at Big Lots & it will take me awhile to get through them since I can't use it on its own.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by aubrymary

I bought this last summer and thought at first that it would be too dark for my skin (I believe I have the medium/tan shade), but it turned out that with a summer tan it blended nicely. The product gives good coverage and the SPF totally works. I've had the same bottle for over a year. I wore it this weekend while in the sun all day long and while my chest got singed with a typical SPF 15 on it, my face was protected under this tinted moisturizer. My only gripe is that it's very thick and greasy. I would use it every day if it weren't for the greasy texture! Overall, really nice product, especially for the price (I think it was about $10-$12)...but I wish they'd work on an oil-free version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MichiMiralles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing! If your skin is in the drier side and you love compliments GET THIS!!!

I would say the coverage is medium to full and the finish is luminous/glowy great if you are into dewy skin.

The price is really good
The spf is amazing
The pump bottle is easy to use and super cute.

BEST FOUNDATION EVER....