September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cmback

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried to primer 3 times now. I wonder if I am applying too much. But so far I am not impressed. It is thick and doesn't work well under my foundation.
It conceals the lines and pores. But when I apply my foundation (expensive Lancôme foundation), it leaves a thick appearance on my skin. When I apply the pressed powder on top, it makes me look like a clown with a thick, smearing appearance.
I will try less tomorrow, but I wouldn't buy it again.
I would look for a primer which is smooth and glossy like ones I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this base! I use it as a primer under my foundation and by itself. It does what it says: reduces size of pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, etc. The product has a soft, plush, creamy, pillowy texture that smoothly glides onto the skin. A little goes a long way! I only need a small, light dab of my finger tip into the jar to get the right amount. It dries with a smooth, soft, matte texture that is easy to apply foundation over. It keeps my liquid foundation lasting all day. It makes me feel better about my large pores because it shrinks them to almost nothing! I don't have many wrinkles. The only ones I have are very thin wrinkles on my forehead, but those seem to vanish along with my pores. It doesn't make my dry patches stand out; it actually makes them less noticeable. I love this stuff. It really is magic!
Pictures of before and after: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/3/1/0/2647488.JPG

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG primer!! This really smoothes my skin out and covers pores beautifully and evens my skin tone. Makes make up application easy. I've tried high end primers like Laura Mercier and that didn't do anything for me. This is more affordable. I always get it with a coupon at CVS. Cvs also has a knock off version of this stuff but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off this is a really great primer. It does a great job at filling and blurring out my fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. What I do is get a pea-sized amount of product and sort of rub it (melt the product a little bit) with my pointer finger, then press it into my pores, fine lines, and wrinkles then smooth it out all over my face. I let it set for 30 sec and then apply my foundation. It really does help keep my foundation on longer, as well as blurring out my imperfections. I would definitely repurchase this item as I like it more then my Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base, or Dr. Brandt Pores No More. I haven't had any breakouts or crazy reactions to this product as well which is a plus.

The only downside is the packaging and the price tag. It is also a little thicker than most primers to the point where you may need a little more extra time to work the product in. But overall a must have for my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The good thing about this product is that it does work instantly to smooth lines and hide pores... But it broke me out! I used it only in my t-zone and after a few straight days of use, I broke out in clusters of tiny pimples around my nose and on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by yeseniareyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first base I've ever tried and I'm absolutely loving it! I don't even use foundation this covered all my imperfections, but I do have normal skin but I do break out from time to time, perfect for the summer when you don't want to use foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really gave this a good try, used it for awhile, as I kept hearing all these rave reviews on it. I really did not like it at all. It definitely didn't make my makeup last longer, & actually I thought it made it almost slide off, if that makes any sense. Like it just seemed to leave a slick on my face, & I have dry skin, so it's not like my skin is oily. And it definitely isn't cheap, it's like $13 at the drugstore. I've tried primers that cost half that that performed way better. I wasn't crazy about the packaging either-I prefer either a pump or a tube that you squeeze, just seems like it's less convenient & less hygenic when it's in a jar. Definitely not for me

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by megangalyana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I HATED THIS PRODUCT... it is not acne friendly whatsoever... after using this product for only one day i started to break out into pimples and what looked liked cysts ( i never get cysts) worst product ever, its oily and feels mucky on my face

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like they way this fees and it's ability to make my make-up application smoother and easier, but it doesn't control oil, as much as I can tell, and doesn't add to my make up's longevity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This little pot really works like magic for me. I do not use it as a primer under foundation though, so do not rely on my review if you are looking for a primer.
Once I am done putting on my endless layers of skincare and a quarter teaspoon of sunscreen, all these steps taken in the name of beautiful skin leave me with quite the opposite: shiny skin emphasizing every single pore. Not a good sight. Then I take my little pot of magic, take a tiny bit and tap it gently on my forehead, nose, center of face. And it works like photoshop: all the pores and shine are gone, skin smooth but not matte, dry and lifeless. It's almost unreal. Not even the best loose powders worked for me this well.
The jar is very small, but all I need is a tiny amount - I don't scoop out any product I just touch it. I have the same jar for a year now, still not finished and did not dry out.
Highly recommended.