December 21, 2014 | 1206 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by BubbleBathXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have any issues with my makeup wearing off daily, I bought this just for an extra smooth look. It definitely helps me achieve that. The finish it gives is matte but with a little sheen. It makes your skin look and feel extra soft/smooth. My makeup applies really nicely on top of it. It's a pink colored thick primer in a cute glass jar. You only need a tiny amount so it will last for awhile. I think it's a beautiful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancyt23

Honestly, I am willing to spend any amount for skin care and makeup. I have been using this primer for a few years. I have never found a better product for filling in pores. This is not a full-face primer. No, it is for using selectively for pores on side of nose, chin, wrinkles between brows. If you need a product to cover the whole face, I would recommend a thinner primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by egandara3

Maybe I applied this product wrong but I tried everything with this product. I put on a small amount and rubbed it between my fingers. However my face looked white and my make up looked terrible. Will not buy this product ever again. Also I think it is too expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Marieeve94

This is pretty good for a pharmacy product in canada it's 15$ (régular price). so it's very unexpensive if we compare to a MAC, benefit... It's very smooth and really reduce the apparence of my pore, so i give a 5. My bémole is that the package is a little jar the primer stick under my nail

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by vanillatobacco

To start with, I should explain how to use this. You only need a very small amount. And you need to rub it in your fingers to warm it. I can't use this in the summer because it just melts right off of my face, but in cold weather, once it's applied it will stay on. It's very heat sensitive. And don't use too much! Or it will cause acne and be slimy and gross, but you'd have to use like a moisturizer amount for it to do that. I've made that mistake don't do it.

Do I have any problems with it? No, I really don't at all. If I had any, it's that it could do more. But for L'Oreal, I find it works great. It's expensive, but still less expensive than other products.

It's moderately illuminating, but not shiny. It will leave your skin matte but not dull. Makeup goes on smoother, stays on longer. It will stop makeup from sinking in to pores and exaggerating textural disturbances. It does exactly what I need a primer to do. I've always found makeup to, quite literally, stain my skin and this forms a nice barrier and prevents it from doing that. You can use this alone if you want, as it will improve the look of your skin. It makes it look smoother and a bit brighter. Overall it's really good. I can't say much more than that. No funny smell. Oh and it's glass so I just recycle the jar :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Too expensive for what it really is - a bit of silicone based primer in a pretty glass jar that won't be able to biodegrade back into the earth :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Off the bat, the best primer I've ever owned! Too Face primer comes close in 2nd place.. i love the Too Faced silky finish but it's not long lasting. This Lreal Magic Perfecting base on the other hand, gives a matte finish (not totally flat) but is long-lasting and covers 90% of my pores.

I had a couple of tries at the drugstore before finally convincing I need to buy it. At 1st application it comes off as thick and gunky and I had difficulty applying foundation without leaving streaks all over my face. Then i read the instructions, to rub between the fingers. So i did for a few seconds and it goes on beautifully on my face and covers almost all my crater-like pores! So ladies.. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. It needs some warmth from your fingers so it'll thinned out a bit and you can spread easily on your face.

Of course no products are perfect. Here's some problems I encountered:

- it takes quite sometime to set... 10mins for me in front of a blasting fan. And 10mins is a lot of time to waste when u wanna rush out to work in the morning.
- u need to experiement on how much to use.Just enuf to cover the pores. Coz too much leaves a white cast (i'm olive skinned by the way)
- As this is heavily siliconed, i have difficulty applying highly water-based foundations on top (those dewy kind).
- Wish it contained more for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ulittlebeauty

Before I used this primer I looked on here and was so skepticle about using it due to the many negative comments but I've got to say I'm in love with it! I use a pea size amount and rub it between my fingers before putting it on my face and it glides out like a charm and fills my pores perfectly! I can definitely tell the difference when I wear it and when I dont! I've had no issues with it, definitely no pimples like some people have mentioned! I really love this primer and will definitely purchase it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Karelle3130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

'' excuse my bad english i'm french * The packaging is cute , the primer does what it says ; Minimize the size of pores , leaving a matte finish . I putted it under my foundation , after 3 hours my makeup slipped off out of my face .. and I do not have have oily skin . That was horrible I had to remove it at school ! It never happened to me before . I applied less , I used this for about 4 days and it totaly broke me out ! It's the first time it happens to me and I'm sad because it was pricy and I had high hopes for this primer .. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MissCeCe

I love this primer but only under certain foundations. When I use it under my nearly naked liquid foundation or any powder foundation, it works wonders! My face looks airbrused. I tried it under my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and my foundation looks very cakey. I have oily skin and it doesn't control oil but according to the description, it's not supposed to control oil. And it's too thick to wear alone on my dark skin. Would I purchase it again? Probably not.