November 23, 2014 | 1623 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by vanillatobacco

To start with, I should explain how to use this. You only need a very small amount. And you need to rub it in your fingers to warm it. I can't use this in the summer because it just melts right off of my face, but in cold weather, once it's applied it will stay on. It's very heat sensitive. And don't use too much! Or it will cause acne and be slimy and gross, but you'd have to use like a moisturizer amount for it to do that. I've made that mistake don't do it.

Do I have any problems with it? No, I really don't at all. If I had any, it's that it could do more. But for L'Oreal, I find it works great. It's expensive, but still less expensive than other products.

It's moderately illuminating, but not shiny. It will leave your skin matte but not dull. Makeup goes on smoother, stays on longer. It will stop makeup from sinking in to pores and exaggerating textural disturbances. It does exactly what I need a primer to do. I've always found makeup to, quite literally, stain my skin and this forms a nice barrier and prevents it from doing that. You can use this alone if you want, as it will improve the look of your skin. It makes it look smoother and a bit brighter. Overall it's really good. I can't say much more than that. No funny smell. Oh and it's glass so I just recycle the jar :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Too expensive for what it really is - a bit of silicone based primer in a pretty glass jar that won't be able to biodegrade back into the earth :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Off the bat, the best primer I've ever owned! Too Face primer comes close in 2nd place.. i love the Too Faced silky finish but it's not long lasting. This LÓreal Magic Perfecting base on the other hand, gives a matte finish (not totally flat) but is long-lasting and covers 90% of my pores.

I had a couple of tries at the drugstore before finally convincing I need to buy it. At 1st application it comes off as thick and gunky and I had difficulty applying foundation without leaving streaks all over my face. Then i read the instructions, to rub between the fingers. So i did for a few seconds and it goes on beautifully on my face and covers almost all my crater-like pores! So ladies.. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. It needs some warmth from your fingers so it'll thinned out a bit and you can spread easily on your face.

Of course no products are perfect. Here's some problems I encountered:

- it takes quite sometime to set... 10mins for me in front of a blasting fan. And 10mins is a lot of time to waste when u wanna rush out to work in the morning.
- u need to experiement on how much to use.Just enuf to cover the pores. Coz too much leaves a white cast (i'm olive skinned by the way)
- As this is heavily siliconed, i have difficulty applying highly water-based foundations on top (those dewy kind).
- Wish it contained more for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ulittlebeauty

Before I used this primer I looked on here and was so skepticle about using it due to the many negative comments but I've got to say I'm in love with it! I use a pea size amount and rub it between my fingers before putting it on my face and it glides out like a charm and fills my pores perfectly! I can definitely tell the difference when I wear it and when I dont! I've had no issues with it, definitely no pimples like some people have mentioned! I really love this primer and will definitely purchase it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Karelle3130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

'' excuse my bad english i'm french * The packaging is cute , the primer does what it says ; Minimize the size of pores , leaving a matte finish . I putted it under my foundation , after 3 hours my makeup slipped off out of my face .. and I do not have have oily skin . That was horrible I had to remove it at school ! It never happened to me before . I applied less , I used this for about 4 days and it totaly broke me out ! It's the first time it happens to me and I'm sad because it was pricy and I had high hopes for this primer .. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MissCeCe

I love this primer but only under certain foundations. When I use it under my nearly naked liquid foundation or any powder foundation, it works wonders! My face looks airbrused. I tried it under my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and my foundation looks very cakey. I have oily skin and it doesn't control oil but according to the description, it's not supposed to control oil. And it's too thick to wear alone on my dark skin. Would I purchase it again? Probably not.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was very average! Firstly, it does apply nicely and smoothly to the face. However I didn’t notice a significant change in the preservation of my makeup with this product; that is the main reason I will not buy it again. Also, it comes in a very small quantity and I went through it quite quickly. I would recommend searching for a better face primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cmback

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried to primer 3 times now. I wonder if I am applying too much. But so far I am not impressed. It is thick and doesn't work well under my foundation.
It conceals the lines and pores. But when I apply my foundation (expensive Lancôme foundation), it leaves a thick appearance on my skin. When I apply the pressed powder on top, it makes me look like a clown with a thick, smearing appearance.
I will try less tomorrow, but I wouldn't buy it again.
I would look for a primer which is smooth and glossy like ones I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this base! I use it as a primer under my foundation and by itself. It does what it says: reduces size of pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, etc. The product has a soft, plush, creamy, pillowy texture that smoothly glides onto the skin. A little goes a long way! I only need a small, light dab of my finger tip into the jar to get the right amount. It dries with a smooth, soft, matte texture that is easy to apply foundation over. It keeps my liquid foundation lasting all day. It makes me feel better about my large pores because it shrinks them to almost nothing! I don't have many wrinkles. The only ones I have are very thin wrinkles on my forehead, but those seem to vanish along with my pores. It doesn't make my dry patches stand out; it actually makes them less noticeable. I love this stuff. It really is magic!
Pictures of before and after: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/3/1/0/2647488.JPG

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG primer!! This really smoothes my skin out and covers pores beautifully and evens my skin tone. Makes make up application easy. I've tried high end primers like Laura Mercier and that didn't do anything for me. This is more affordable. I always get it with a coupon at CVS. Cvs also has a knock off version of this stuff but I haven't tried it yet.