September 18, 2014 | 1981 users online

Primer/ Corrector - E.L.F. - Mineral Infused Face Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Janeth23

I love this product, I use the clear one and it helps all of my makeup go on smoothly. I whish I had discovered it sooner, since it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out at all.
I did notice that I have to wait a few minutes after moisturizing to apply it, otherwise it just balls up, but that is not a juge setback. I am on my 4th tube of it, love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I buy the tone adjusting green and I do notice the difference between it and the clear. My bb cream applies smoothly after using this primer. An excellent price for an excellent product. I have a couple extra tubes so I never run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Decent primer for so little money. It's really silicone-y, so if that bothers you stay away! It smooths the surface of the skin so that foundation applies nicely, but did nothing to make my makeup last longer or inhibit oiliness. Does not break me out, which is a plus. It's a pretty large container for not much product, but I like the pump dispenser.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a decent primer for the price but I prefer monistat. The packaging broke on me so I can't get the product anymore.

It feels smooth but it's too drying for my skin and I hate when I put it on there's clumpy balls of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Just received this primer today, I had the clear, lavender & the moisture version.
Honestly there aren't much difference between the clear & lavender ones, and make no mistake about it, these are silicone primers, so if you cannot stand any -cone products, stay away.
I just pass the ELF primers every time I ordered from them until recently, it may be a little bit "wetter" than the Smashbox but with that price I will never go back to Smashbox although it is my favourite.
And I won't bother with Monistat anymore, since it is not available in Canadian drug stores and I had to ebay them; plus the push-up platform pump is much better than the toothpaste tube dispenser.
Of course it is mineral, silica is just a fancy word for sand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my current primer, after using the more expensive ones for years. I'm glad I found it. It works just fine, my skin looks smooth, my foundation lasts and I don't break out. My top choice is the MAC primer in this category, but not that much better that I think it's worth 5-6x the price. This is my 3rd bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by AbbiC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in the lavender shade, which I believe is supposed to brighten skin tone. I have been using whenever I wear makeup for the last few months. I have to say I love this face primer! It has an awesome texture, very silky yet not greasy. It really helps keep my foundation in place, without clogging my pores. (I have never broken out from this product). I don't really know how well it "brightened" my skin, but I was happy in the actual product as a primer. I repurchased it in the green tone which is supposed to even out reddness, so I am excited to try that out!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just got this the other day while exchanging some things at target. i got the one for redness. it does help with redness at all, since the grew disppears into the skin. but it leaves your face feel incredbly smooth and has helped me apply my makeup a lot easier. i'm not entirely sure if it keeps your makeup on long, since i've had my makeup on for a shirt period since the other day. but it does go on nice. i'm not sure if i'll buy it again, i might.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by LeahJaneCreations

I have used a few brands primers such as Napoleon Perdis, BYS, Face Of Australia, Smashbox and one other which I can't recall the name of, although this one is my favorite. It leaves you skin so soft and smooth, it smoothed a lot of the fine lines in my face so they're less noticeable and it holds my foundation on perfectly all day. I have never had a problem with it making me break out and a little goes a long way, I'm very impressed with this product especially for only $8 at my local Kmart!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only primers I've used are this and several other primer samples from MAC and bare minerals.

I've used this on and off occasionally for at least a year with no problems and repurchased it a few times during that time period.

Pros:
-A little goes a long way. I only need to use a dollop about half a centimeter in diameter to cover my entire face on most days (I may use more depending on the dryness of my skin)
-It goes on incredibly smoothly and genuinely provides an amazing canvas for your foundation. This is a lifesaver for moments when you have a blemish still in the healing process or a patch of terribly dry skin that would otherwise attract foundation to sit in/around it like a plague. This primer will smooth it out so that you can still achieve a flawless (or as close as you're gonna get) appearance with enough foundation application.
-Even though it feels really oily, it doesn't break me out, nor does it cause abnormal oiliness. I have had no cases of breakouts with this and I have pretty acne prone skin.
-As always, the price of elf products are exceptional and you will always find some sort of deal or promotion on their online website.

Cons:
-The package is a little unwieldy to carry around when traveling. The container seems unnecessarily bulky to me and the cap is always falling off in my make up bag. However, it has never spilled in my bag, so I suppose that's a plus?
-Most of the container holding the product itself is air (like when you buy a bag of potato chips and it's only 1/3 full...yeah this is similar). So you may run out sooner than you expect.

Vs other primers I've tried?
-bare minerals oil control primer: the bare minerals primer doesn't feel as silky as this, but does seem to be more matte.
-MAC radiance primer: I hate this primer because it's sparkly. ew. not a contest.