August 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Primer/ Corrector - E.L.F. - Mineral Infused Face Primer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by LeahJaneCreations

I have used a few brands primers such as Napoleon Perdis, BYS, Face Of Australia, Smashbox and one other which I can't recall the name of, although this one is my favorite. It leaves you skin so soft and smooth, it smoothed a lot of the fine lines in my face so they're less noticeable and it holds my foundation on perfectly all day. I have never had a problem with it making me break out and a little goes a long way, I'm very impressed with this product especially for only $8 at my local Kmart!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only primers I've used are this and several other primer samples from MAC and bare minerals.

I've used this on and off occasionally for at least a year with no problems and repurchased it a few times during that time period.

Pros:
-A little goes a long way. I only need to use a dollop about half a centimeter in diameter to cover my entire face on most days (I may use more depending on the dryness of my skin)
-It goes on incredibly smoothly and genuinely provides an amazing canvas for your foundation. This is a lifesaver for moments when you have a blemish still in the healing process or a patch of terribly dry skin that would otherwise attract foundation to sit in/around it like a plague. This primer will smooth it out so that you can still achieve a flawless (or as close as you're gonna get) appearance with enough foundation application.
-Even though it feels really oily, it doesn't break me out, nor does it cause abnormal oiliness. I have had no cases of breakouts with this and I have pretty acne prone skin.
-As always, the price of elf products are exceptional and you will always find some sort of deal or promotion on their online website.

Cons:
-The package is a little unwieldy to carry around when traveling. The container seems unnecessarily bulky to me and the cap is always falling off in my make up bag. However, it has never spilled in my bag, so I suppose that's a plus?
-Most of the container holding the product itself is air (like when you buy a bag of potato chips and it's only 1/3 full...yeah this is similar). So you may run out sooner than you expect.

Vs other primers I've tried?
-bare minerals oil control primer: the bare minerals primer doesn't feel as silky as this, but does seem to be more matte.
-MAC radiance primer: I hate this primer because it's sparkly. ew. not a contest.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me first start off by saying I have NEVER used "primer" before. I always thought it was just some sort of gimmick. I was wrong! Just one pump and it made my skin feel like VELVET! Made my foundation look 10x better, even out in the heat and humidity A wonderful canvas for my blush too. Not greasy, not wet, just very smooth. I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner! If you're new to primers like me, give this one a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in clear. It makes my skin feel so soft. It works for staying power. I have tried a lot of primers and I don't see a huge difference with this one or any other but I do like the pump bottle and the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by queencreq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first primer ever, and now, after owning a lot if other primers; I always come vack to this. It I basically does exactly what a primer should do and nothing more: makes the pores show up less, makes the makeup last longer, makes the makeup go on smoother. A perfect basic primer who works perfect for beginners and also for more "professionals". Also super cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in lavender and it warmed and smoothed out my skin to the point that I didn't even need any makeup. When I did use makeup, it made it go on so velvety and flawless looking. Too bad it broke me out. Plus, you only get about half of what you think you're getting because of the false bottom. If it hadn't broken me out, I would have repurchased it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by sammi980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i pumped a small amount of product on to my finger it felt great. It was a nice consistency, it wasn't dry or greasy and it was very light weight but after 30 minutes of it being on my face I broke out. My face was very red and very irritated. I don't usually cheap out on products that go on my face (not including eyes, lips) but I wanted a primer and it just did not work out for me at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Knoxsanne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Broke my face out horribly the first (and only) time I used it. It does have nice packaging, but that's about all it has going for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

it really doesn't do much and it cost too much only because it doesn't do anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at target one day and saw this. I've never had a primer before and was in need of one so I decided to give it a try. The price wasn't so bad either. It was 6 bucks at target so it was definitely worth a try!

The packaging was smooth, perfect with a pump and a cap. It was mess free. I have the packaging 3 lippies cause I know it was cheap packaging, but again, for the price it was perfect.

The application of the product surprised me. I thought I needed a few drops of this on my face but I soon discovered I only need 1-2 small drops to cover the entire face. It was so soft and smooth. It worried me a little, because I thought that later on it would make my skin oily.

However, throughout the day I noticed my make up did look fresher than usual, did have better staying power than usual, and my face definitely looked smoother than usual. I was very pleased with the product!

For the price, you pretty much can't go wrong. It makes your face baby soft without being oily! For the girls/guys who don't want to break the bank on an expensive primer, this is certainly a good one.

Definitely will repurchase.