E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer

3.5

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 4/10/2015 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this review is for the regular (new) elf mineral infused face primer (clear):

this stuff feels amazing going on, for real. like smearing liquid satin all over your face. however, the excitement you feel when using this product is short lived as this stuff NEVER dries down, smells like Raid (I LOVE the smell of tea tree oil btw - this does not smell like tto to me) and doesn't do too much in the way of minimizing the appearance of pores.

it's definitely better than nothing if you're okay with reapplying powder throughout the day and can wait 10 minutes after applying primer to put foundation on. and it does keep your makeup generally even - I have oily skin, and while my face stays greasy pretty much 24/7 when I have this on, my foundation doesn't look as bad and patchy as it does when I don't use a primer. overall I would say that if you bought it, and you can't return it, you're not necessarily throwing your money away and you can probably work with this stuff and figure it out. but I'm definitely going to keep looking for something else.

on 4/7/2015 1:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the first primer I've tried. I like the way it glides over my skin. Good value!

on 4/3/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have it in "Glowing Lavender", which sounds like a great idea for people with yellowish undertones. However this primer is neither glowing, nor the lavender color does anything noticeable. So I'm left with a normal silicon based primer. I've always liked those, so no problem. Buuuut, this one doesn't perform nearly as well as all the others I've tried.

While it does make my skin super smooth, it doesn't help the foundation stay on for much longer. A little bit maybe, but nothing amazing. Also it does nothing for making pores appear smaller. Overall I'd say if anyone is starting out with primers this might not be a bad choice, however I've already tried several primers much better than this, so I will not repurchase.

Pros:
+ price
+ wide range of colors
+ makes the skin super smooth and easy to apply foundation to
+ makes the foundation stay on longer for just a tiny bit at least

Cons:
- lavender color doesn't do anything noticeable
- doesn't hold your foundation for long at all
- doesn't fill pores
- the pump sometimes shoots the product into outer space

on 3/29/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this primer in the clear option, and it's a silicone-based primer, so I expected it to do something for oil control. However, it didn't. It made my makeup go on smoother, but it didn't help with the overall staying power, and by the end of the day, my face is still as oily as it would have been had I not used a primer. The packaging is kind of cheap, and I didn't really find that it did anything other than make my foundation go on smoother. If that's all you care about, I would recommend, but if you're looking for staying power, I would steer clear of this primer.

on 3/22/2015 8:27:00 PM

Can't wear clear primer because it makes my face too light after foundation. I got the Elf Mineral face primer in Radiant Glow and I love it! Makes skin look flawless and my makeup stays on all day. It has a golden color to it and does not make my face chalky! Highly recommend it!

on 3/15/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not my favorite but it's amazing for the price. It'll last me awhile too. It doesn't really make my makeup last longer, but it helps smooth my skin for a flawless finish to my foundation.

on 3/6/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Purchased: 1]

PROS:
- small amount goes a long way
- allows for a smoother makeup application

CONS:
- does not minimize my pores
- doesn't do too much in terms of making makeup last longer
- does nothing for oil

on 2/25/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Now this is my first time using primer, but I absolutely love this primer. I was reluctant to buy any primers of any sort since the prices were so steep, but this was only $6. Now most reviews said there wasn't much in it, but I've had it for over a month and have yet to run out or have the bottle show signs of running low. But also: You are paying less than half of what most primers go for, so obviously you're getting the amount you paid for.
Anyways: gives a wonderful silky feel to my skin and DEFINITELY helps keep my skin from being oily, especially on my cheeks. My nose usually needs a little pressed powder later in the day but that's it. No acne issues that I've encountered either, and has definitely worked in keeping my makeup on all day.

on 2/25/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly the cap doesnt stay on which is so incredibly annoying even when you leave it standing the cap magically comes off. It has this minty kinda smell but its not bad and after awhile its gone. Its really cheap which is a plus, but this product didn't really work for me but then again you get what you pay for. I definitely will not be repurchasing this product.

on 2/23/2015 8:13:00 AM

I got this in green... I saw little to no effect in reducing my permanent flushing with the primer itself, but it does give my foundation a noticeable boost in coverage (I don't have to layer on extra on my cheeks) and staying power. Unlike other drugstore primers I've tried, which have helped makeup go on smoother but only because it's sliding around EVERYWHERE, this puts a nice barrier between makeup and skin while keeping it where it needs to be. Awesome for the price point.