July 25, 2014 | 1937 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I have the BB Antigua and the Maui for a pop of color on the cheeks over bronzer. Love them both!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Very recently purchased and already a favorite! Lovely hybrid of bronzer and blush with slightly illuminating properties.. natural, brightening and softening, can be built up to be really bright. I agree with "pupupu" about the packaging not closing well after a while - it has happened to many of my Bobbi products. I am a Bobbi Brown Beige 3, and this is perfect! Sort of the only blush/bronzer you need on a trip - AA++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Being that I already own the illuminating bronzer in Maui, I didn't think I needed this shade, but after seeing the swatches online and reading reviews, I had to purchase Antigua. I actually think Antigua shows up better on me than Maui. I have medium-tan skin (4.0 in MAC Matchmaster or NW30/NC30-I can go either way depending on the foundation) and Antigua really gives my cheeks a nice pop of color. I don't think this is much of a bronzer at all, but it gives my cheeks a nice, healthy dose of color without looking too overdone. Plus there is plenty in the compact to last me a very long time. Once again, kudos to Bobbi Brown for nailing another wonderful product!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ZaraB

I purchased this product recently and I LOVE it. I know it is categorised as a bronzer but I use it as a blush. It's the perfect pink, with the correct amount of shimmer. I was amazed at how much product was in there too, it's bigger I guess because it is packaged and designed as a bronzer. So it's larger in than a standard Bobbi Brown blush.

Price-wise, it is a bit pricey but if you take into consideration the amount of product you get for 26, it's a pretty good deal. The packaging is not flimsy and has been banging around in my handbag for quite a while and has not fallen apart yet. Overall, it's probably the best blush/bronzer (whatever you use it as) I've used in a while. Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cassyvoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This suits me very well. You have to be very pale for this to turn up well on your skin. For me, I like a healthy pinkish hue instead of full-on bronzer (yes, this is not exactly 100% bronzer, in case you're looking for one) and this fits the bill very well. Don't get this if you're looking for a bronzer tanned look, you will most likely be disappointed. If you're looking for a lil summer glowing look, I think you'd be pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

I was intrigued about the blusher/bronzer for fair skin, my skin is very fair. I would agree that the more accurate way to describe it is as a blusher. It is quite pink, more like sunburn than suntan to me. I wasn't overly keen on the gold sheen the Antigua gives, it seemed to highlight imperfections and pores, the opposite effect you want. I think the Shimmerbrick gives a nicer effect if you want a bit of a glow.

I generally love Bobbi's products, but I think her matt bronzing powder is better on my particular skintone.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by pupupu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a year and a half ago and have been using it pretty much daily ever since. I'm very pale, I wear Alabaster in Bobbi Brown foundations, lighter than MAC NC/NW15. Regular bronzing powders make me look dirty. Antigua however works wonders. It makes my skin look fresh, but it doesn't look too obvious. I like my make up to look fairly natural and not too noticeable, and this fits the bill. Yes, it is shimmery but I don't end up looking like a disco ball or tin man (MAC MSFs have this effect which I don't really like), just with a pretty glow on my cheeks.
I would not describe this as a bronzing powder, it's more like a light blush or a brightening powder. Because of the pinky-peachy colour I would not wear this on any other part of my face than my cheeks. I do need an actual blush to wear with this, the colour is too sheer on its own even for a super pale person like me. My favourite for this is MAC Mineralize Blush in Pleasantry, I just apply a tiny bit Pleasantry on the apples of my cheeks and then Antigua for a more all over colour.
The packaging is otherwise good, nice big mirror and plenty of product inside, but after about a year's use the lid doesn't close anymore. That's fine with me since I don't carry this around, but it is a bit annoying. I have already hit the pan with this powder and will repurchase when I run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FIrst, I love Bobbi Brown. I cannot resist a woman entreprenuer with a pioneer spirit. The great thing about her is she has managed to forge into a territory that not many other cosmetic companies have - the darker skin tones. She's also done it brilliantly. It's not just the darkest tones, either it's the ones in the middle that she seems to have nailed so perfectly - like NC40 me! I wear the 4.5 in the foundations and the Antugua is the perfect counterpart. It's not too shiny, not too sparkly. not too pigmented. It's perfect. And once it is applied and it sort of oxodizes, it sort of melds into my (yellow toned) skin and looks like I've been swinging through the jungle and eating fruit all of my life in the tropical sun. Ok, that's corny, but it does give a great glow year round. It's perfect. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by deedee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a MAC C40/NC42 or Bobbi Brown Honey skin tone and this product looks great on my skin. i was initially worried that this would be too light for me and not make much difference to my darker skin however it gives my face a lovely healthy glow and enhances my cheekbones beautifully. I have had compliments about how well I looked after wearing this so it definitely gets full marks from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BebeLush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally! I found the perfect bronzer! And it's the last bronzer I will ever buy. Why? Nothing could be as good as this one. I'm very pale, and this color is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. Gives my face the perfect flush. Not orangey or dirty looking at all. I only use a tiny bit on my cheeks and forehead, but you can build to a darker tone and even that looks great.

Unfortunately, like most of Bobbi's products, it is outrageously high in cost. But the product is well worth the cost because there just isn't anything as good as this out there. Most bronzers are very unflattering to pale faces and this one is the exception, so I don't mind paying a fortune for something that looks this good. Awesome product, can't recommend it enough.