September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Lip Treatments - Neosporin - Lip Health Overnight Renewal Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by wdubose205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG lip balm! I suffered from dry and cracked lips this winter and nothing worked--even my trusty Rosebud's Salve. One application of this and the difference was like night and day. I will never go without this product again. In fact, I carry it everywhere with me and have ended up losing 2 pots. Repurchased both times so I wouldn't be without it. Yes, it does leave a whitish cast, but I usually use this as night treatment so that isn't a deal breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Neosporin Lip Health Overnight Renewal Therapy is one of my favourite lip treatments & it's a HG product of mine. I picked this up at Walgreens for $5 or 6. When I had the mumps, I had the most swollen, dry, cracked, & painful lips you could imagine. I put it on before I went to sleep & like it says, it made the skin on my lips less dry. It took more than 3 days, but it worked regardless. I felt a difference right away, but I didn't see one. Remember though, I had the mumps & my lips were severely damaged.

I'm not sure if anything else feels the same, but I found that this didn't really absorb into my lips - maybe I'm putting too much on? I feel like it just sits on my lips. I don't like the idea of sticking my finger into the jar over & over again, so I apply it with a Q-tip. Aside from being sick, when I apply this, my lips are completely moisturized, soft, & smooth - all overnight. It is a expensive for a 7.7 g jar, but it works & it's worth it!

Update: I initially bought this because I was sick & now it's just a staple in my lip care; I put it on every single night before bed for the best lips

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by djdeaton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is awesome. I was applying balm every hour and nothing was working. This product hydrates and softens my lips. In the morning they are ready for the world. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by katyglou

[Edit: Took a lippie off because I forgot that it makes my lips feel weird if I use if for more than three nights in a row. The best way for me to use this is to cake it on for a night or two, and then switch back to Burt's Bees Pomegranate, which for some reason is the only BB's lip stuff that does anything for me.]

I love love LOVE this stuff. I had awfully chapped lips from weather and dehydration, to the point where I got angular cheilitis at the corners of my mouth. I had to treat that first, and then I tried 5 or 6 different chapsticks before I hit jackpot on this. Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, Aquaphor, and Carmex and Blistex pots - none of them did much at all for me. They would help, but only minimally. I picked this up at the drugstore after a couple weeks of nothing working, and the difference after one night was AMAZING. Much, much smoother, especially on the inner rim of my lips where I chap the worst. In three nights all of my chapping was gone - we're talking a shredded outer layer of skin, and worse where I would pick at it to the point of bleeding, all gone. I think it's the lanolin in it that really does it for me. Sure it has white petrolatum (basically vaseline), but other stuff I'd been trying did too. Lanolin isn't as common an ingredient in chapstick, although nursing mothers swear by it as a nipple cream.

It's a nice solid little tub of product (about the same as a little medicated Blistex pot), but it's still a little pricey and you could probably find purer lanolin products for cheaper. I'm lazy, though, so if I ever happen to lose this, I'd repurchase. I probably won't ever run out of it, as it's not something I would put on except overnight. It has a very opaque whiteness to it that I personally don't like for daytime use, and you can kind of sheer it down but not really. I mean, if you like that light frosted look, go for it, but this washes out the color of my face. Other than that, it's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this product. In the winter, my skin gets very dry and my lips are nearly always peeling and cracking. Especially this winter. My lips have gotten to the point where they are bleeding and this winter I was really just tired of it. After reading the reviews, I bought this at my local Walgreens. It was around $6 (USD). Perhaps a little more than I was wanting to pay for a "chapstick" but I'm so glad I didn't let my cheap side get the best of me.

This truly is a treatment. It comes in a little pot but you don't need much at all. I simply put it on once I'm in bed, especially since it has an obvious white cast. That's not a problem because when I wake up, my lips are almost completely smooth and healthy. It's definitely worth trying it! I do wish it was in a tube instead of a pot but I just wash my hands before application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I've really been liking this product! I alternate balms all the time for bed, but lately this is the only one that really gets rid of my super chapped flute lips :P
The little pot is kinda cute too. I like to store it next to my mini Vaseline tubs :)

Only con is the white cast it leaves..what if you want to use it during the day?! Takes forever to blend the color out. Oh, and I'm not a fan of the scent either. I will continue to use though since it has actually proved to be capable of overnight miracles!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by gjw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried and have many lip balms, lip treatments, lip glosses, lip gels, you name it. Some have been super awesome and work incredibly, some work great and are cute, some work ok and are pretty and some plain suck. This Neosporin Overnight Renewal pot is hands down the best lip product I've ever used in my entire life thus far. It's utter perfection to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I was struggling with my lips. They were peeling and always seemed chapped. I would scrub them with a toothbrush every other day and I think that actually made them worse! After using the Lip Health for 2 nights, I could see a difference. My lips are smooth and there is no chapping. It helps tremendously during this trend of bright red and plum lipsticks. This stuff really works and now I only use my toothbrush to brush my teeth. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is incredible. I love lanisoh but sometimes, if my lips are like bleeding chapped, it doesn't really do much. That's where this comes in. It's a little too thick and opaque to wear during the day, but when your lips are so dry that you can't sleep, this is a miracle. I highly recommend it. I feel like my lips aren't just covered, but that they're actually repaired.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Askjanice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Wonderful. One night is all it took to get my chapped winter lips soft again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No