October 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick - Wine Not

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The most wonderfully vampy yet wearable day time and nightime lipstick for fair skintones. If you are like me and have tried Revlon's Black Cherry and found it just a little too extreme to pull off (i.e. I look like a vampire goth chick) this is for you - it is a neutral mauvy cool toned berry shade yet neutral at the same time wine shade, it doesn't pull too blue, fushia or red it is a beautiful lipstick and if you are fair and neutral toned this is the one vampy lip shade to get.Looks perfect over a liner, on it's own with a brush for even edges or can even be applied lightly for a highly wearable anytime berry stain. The matte formula is beautiful and the best bit is this doesn't stick to my teeth like Black Cherry does. I almost never bought this due to the label on the package looking violet/purple but after seeing it swatched online on other people I had to get it. I do not regret buying this whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Love this lippie! Great matte not dying. Nice coverage/color. Goes on smooth and l think pretty much any complexion can pull this off!!

xoxo #lipstickjunkie87

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god! Beautiful plummy red wine lipstick, super cheap, vampy and matte, lasts for hours and hours! Warning, it's rather bold. I apply some chopstick before I use it because it can get a little flaky after 5 hours or so. Highly recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

4.5 stars

I love this color! I have very pale skin, so it stands out a lot! I like wearing dark lipstick, though, so it works for me. It comes out a nice, dark wine color on me.

It stays relatively well. I need to reapply after eating obviously, but other than that, it seems to have good staying power.

I can't give it a 5, because it is a tiny bit drying. I've come to expect that from a matte, lipstick though, and I already have trouble with very dry lips, so really only a half star. For most it shouldn't even be a problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: burgundy

Pros

- pigmented
- applies well

Cons

- drying

Comments: Nice color for the fall and winter seasons. It applies well without tugging on the lips like some mattes do. However, I found the color too brown for my liking.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, this colour isn't exactly what I was expecting. On everyone else, it seems vampy and on me it seems a bit muted, a burgundy with brown and plum undertones. It applies a bit streaky but, it's pretty easy to even out (and it really just might be me trying to apply with a light hand). I find that if too much is applied it can look a little cakey. It's a great colour for fall and winter. It's very easy to turn it into a nice stain and it is very matte, even with lip balm underneath. As with most matte lipsticks, it is a bit drier than Revlon's creme lipsticks but it doesn't dry out your lip like a stain would.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kfroe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I want to start out by saying I love most of the revlon matte lipsticks. They are incredible value for money. Super creamy and leave my lips matte but not dry.

The same was for this lipstick, it glides on my lips without drying them out and has a great wear time because of it's matte finish. However, because of the incredibly dark color it did not sit well on my lips.

It settles into lines and catches dry skin like no other. Even after exfoliating my lips and applying lip balm (Burts bees original, EOS sweetmint, vaseline, and babylips were all tried) it still didn't sit right.

Then I moved on to trying it with some different lip liners. Lip liners helped tremendously but did not fix the problem. It still sunk into lines on my lips and didn't apply evenly.

It does make a beautiful stain or a nice deep mauve-y color when dabbed on the lips over a lip balm but it just doesn't work on me when I want that full on mulberry wine color.

If you can get the color to work on you, it's gorgeous. I'm fairly pale right now, (NC15) with blonde hair and brown eyes, and I love it on me. I love a little black liner on the uperlashline, tons of mascara, and this lipstick. If it would only apply evenly!

My verdict is that the revlon matte lipstick are great in the lighter colors, but it just isn't moisturizing enough to not accentuate lines in this deep wine color. It can definitely be worn on really smooth moisturized lips, and lip liner helps a lot. But you can't build it up to it's full intensity without it looking uneven, sinking into lines, or catching on dry skin.

If you would rather work a little to make this lipstick work than spend a lot more on a department store lipstick then I would say go for it. However if you're someone like me who will be sporting this shade a lot, I would say splurge on something that is going to be easier to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This looks like a very dramatic plum red on my pale skin. I'm not sure how it wears, as I have not worn it out yet. A little worries it may be too matte. Will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by mahako

this is great color for dark complexions, it kind of dries your lips but not more than usual, you can control the color but applying coats and you can add a white based lipstick beneath it to get a less tense color for every day. Revlon provides a great variety of lipsticks and this one is a great color

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tintedlove

This is a decent, cheap lipstick. It's a very dark wine on me. If you're looking for something not so dramatic, I would get fabulous fig (also matte) instead. The texture is pretty bad. It's impossible to get even color without a lip liner. I have the revlon liner in wine and it works perfectly. Since I don't use this dark of a color very often, I don't mind buying the cheaper brand. But lots of other brands have a color like this that has better application.