Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 5/25/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a neutral undertone with lots of redness, so first I picked up the shade Buff hoping the golden tone would even me out, but it was too orange. I wanted to exchange it for Linen, but they didn't have it in stock so I had to get Alabaster, which was too pink. I was going to exchange it again, but instead decided to return it because I just don't love it. I have problematic skin, and it feels like the foundation just sits on the surface and makes my face look cakey, and definitely not "even better". Honestly I bet the only reason I didn't want to return it was that with the purchase I got a bonus bag with about 5 other products (that were relatively good).

on 5/25/2015 4:25:00 PM

Finally! Iv'e been trying to find a HG forever. I started breaking out and developing a slightly more red skin tone at the age of 12. Since then I have been obsessed with makeup(even though i only wore skin products at home in the beginning,hahaha). My problem has always been that my skin is both dry, acne-prone(only small ones, but many), red and oily. I did love MAC foundations for about 2 years, but wearing studio sculpt everyday made me feel a bit "fake". The reason is that i had to wear a huge amount of product, and i felt bad every time i removed my "mask". I do use studio fix compact foundation for whenever i'm in a hurry, this one is actually quite perfect. (but it do depend on whether i have an oily or a dry skin that day).
So to the Clinique Even Better foundation. I do love this foundation due to the fact that it works for every skin type(at least it says so). Since every skin type decided to take place in my face, I really feel like this foundation does the job well. It hides my redness quite good, goes on smoothly, and leaves a nice "glow". It is easy to make it more matte, by simply adding some powder. It does NOT break me out!! You can build it easily, and it usually stays perfect throughout the day(you may need to blot if you have an oily t-zone), and removes quickly with just normal makeup remover.
It also looks quite airbrushed on the skin if you but it on right. I feel that a compact buffing brush works for me, but a normal foundation brush is also fine.
A downer with this product is that I have a fair-medium skin tone(i'm Scandinavian, excuse my English), and even though I got it matched it is a little too dark. And i have the alabaster, which is the second most light color. So it will probably not work on super-fair skin.
I do live in a Norway and it is looked upon as on of the "richest" countries in the world, so the price is 285kr (37 US dollars), this NOT expensive for a high end foundation, so I am pleased with it.

on 5/24/2015 9:17:00 PM

Wow. After 30 plus years, Clinique finally got my shade right. Cashew is a dead on match for my Tom Ford and MAC NC40/42. No weird undertones, great coverage, yes it will transfer but that is what powders are for. Even better is Ben Nye's Final spray which kind of locks foundation in place. Thank you Estee Lauder for finally paying proper attention to your MILLIONS of ethnic customers who deserve the same range of shades in foundations as your older customers. We have the dollars to spend like all other women of different races and cultures and we deserve the same range of shades that others do. Finally!

on 5/22/2015 10:45:00 PM

The shade range is great for me. I love Clinique products they are one of the only brands that don't break me out. I have combination oily skin so I have to apply this with a sponge. If I apply it with a brush it starts to feel a bit heavy on my skin and I can't control the shine. I gave this foundation five stars because I have tried so many foundation and this is the one that looks the best in pictures and looks good in all different types of lighting. I also feel like it still lets my real skin shine through while still providing medium coverage. I always set this with the Clinique perfectly real powder compact and I love the way it looks.

on 5/16/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The shade range is restricted to mid tones- if you are very fair or very dark you may struggle to find a match. I bought "linen" the palest shade in this range in the UK and it's slightly too dark though I can work with it. It covers redness, some thread veins. Freckles and spots were visible although deminished. It's good medium coverage. You could build this up but would need to be applying a lot of product to get anything more than medium coverage. I have dry skin and need to set this with a powder. It transfers easily to clothes, hands, phone etc. it gives a smooth application, blends very easily and has a non fragranced formula that is suitable for sensitive skin. The packaging is compact and lightweight with a hygienic tip dispenser. I have enjoyed using this product but wouldn't repurchase

on 5/12/2015 9:01:00 PM

My HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!! I put on foundation from 6:30am and take it off at about 3pm i can tell u this lasts a long way without being shiny. Although i would say u do have to put on a finishing powder cuz it does tend to transfer to ur phone if u dont. Apart from that BEST FOUNDATION EVER

on 5/2/2015 10:18:00 AM

When I first got this, I was really excited to try it and like it. However, I'm on the edge with this product!. I have combination skin and tried to apply this with brush, sponge and my fingers and found that my fingers were the best way to go!. If you apply it with brush or sponge, it will leave your skin looking very dry and flaky underneath the foundation, which is the last thing you want to achieve!. In contrast, when applied by fingers, it will leave a GLOW, natural finish!. My friend noticed that my skin looks like I dont have foundation on!. I still did not like the colour match as the girl on the counter was too busy and matched me quickly, I feel the color is a bit ashy!. She matched me as 'cream chamois' shade and I'm light to medium skin tone.

on 4/29/2015 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Hands down my favorite foundation! I love that it gives good coverage without looking "heavy". Will never use another foundation again!

on 4/17/2015 6:48:00 AM

What can I say that hasn't been mentioned in the 600 previous reviews...
I've suffered with rosacea for the last 10 years and have spent most of my life trying different ways to cover the redness (usually that involves layering concealer, foundation and powder). This foundation provides excellent coverage in one sweep. Because I don't have to use as much product, my skin is able to breathe and therefore is in better condition than ever. It is really natural looking & doesn't cause me to break out. For $50 australian it is on the expensive side, however I use less product than other foundations. Prefer this to the Clinique anti redness foundation for covering redness (go figure?)

on 4/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I'm sorry, but I just had to comment after reading reviews about the Clinique line being only for more mature skin. When I was in college in the late 80's, Clinique was known as THE cosmetic line for younger, acne-prone skin! All other lines either had oil or fragrance or really heavy coverage that was not suitable for younger skin! In fact, when I was about 18 years old or so, my dermatologist explicitly told me to go with Clinique makeup because the coverage was not too heavy and didn't clog pores and was suitable for really young skin that didn't need a lot of coverage!! So, these previous comments are simply not true, in my opinion! Clinique is a great cosmetic line for very young and for more mature skin!!