Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 7/27/2015 10:55:00 AM

Now I kind of got used to it and it doesn't seem so bad, but at the beginning it broke me out, and the color became yellower after a few minutes.
The finish is nice, but I won't buy it again.

on 7/19/2015 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation was a part of my Color IQ when I got matched. I was matched to Pecan (32), my color iq # is 2R14. Firstly, I sampled this foundation because I wanted to make sure that I love the foundation before I purchase it. I love this foundation, it provides a natural luminous flawless face, which is perfect for the summer and spring months. The coverage is moderate to full, it can easily be build up to get more coverage, which I prefer.It feels light and hydrating on the skin, it feels like nothing when I finishing applying it. It covers any small blemishes and imperfections. I found that it didn't settle in my pores or highlight them either. I would wear this foundation as my everyday foundation because it is so light and hydration on your face + it provides some skin benefits also. It perfect for all skin types, because my skin type is combo/oily so I definitely good for people with my skin type and other skin types.

on 7/10/2015 12:51:00 PM

BEST FOUNDATION FOR LIGHT/NATURAL COVERAGE
I decided to try out a more "high-end" foundation because let's face it, you get what you pay for. I decided to try out Clinique since i use some of their skin care products and have been very satisfied with their quality. i absolutely LOVE this foundation. I am in the lightest shade "linen." I take very good care of my skin, i'm young, I don't have wrinkles, i don't have acne issues. All i need is a very light coverage that evens out my skin tone. This foundation does just that. All i use is a pea size drop on the back of my hand and I apply it to my face with a beauty blender. **Avoid eye area with this product. Do NOT use it as an under eye concealer, it will burn because it is not made for that.

I also want to share with you how i prep my skin before applying the foundation, which i have found makes the foundation look very beautiful and natural on the face:
1. I wash my face with Philosophy's Purity Cleanser.
2. I moisturize my face by combining Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (2 pumps) with Mario Badescu's Hydro Moistururizer ( less than a pea size drop).
I mix the two and apply all over my face (avoiding eye area).
3. I spray my face with three spritzes of Mario Badescu's Rose Water Spray.
4. I allow all of that to dry for about 2 minutes, and then i apply the foundation.

I add just a tiny bit of powder to my T-zone afterwards, because i do tend to get slightly oily in those areas throughout the day, but i have found that this foundation helps with oiliness.

I hope this helps!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I apply this with a brush on a clean, moisturized face. Firstly, the blending and correcting ability of this stuff is incredible - it's between cream and liquid, blends like a dream. Unfortunately I have to apply it very liberally because 1, I will look orange, 2, it cracks overtime (after about 4ish hours,) and 3, the luminosity is too much. For normal to dry types it would work better, but not if you're oil prone.

I really wanted to like this product more.

Update: The more time that has passed, the more this product has disappointed me. I have tried applying it to fresh, moisturized skin alone, on top of primer, used staying spray, and it did everything you wouldn't want it to. It settled into pores and accentuated things I didn't even know I had, and oftentimes I look waxy, no matter how minimal I am with it, and by minimal I mean the absolute least amount you could possibly use. It has been difficult to find a balance to make use of it.

Sadly, because I am so dissatisfied with it, I'm returning it.

on 7/7/2015 4:46:00 PM

It's the only foundation that doesn't break me out/cause a reaction. Chanel, Shu Uemura, NARS (the worst), MAC, Bobbi Brown etc etc all do so I love it because of that. It's a great feeling to be able to use liquid foundation again without fear of pimples on my chin and cheeks and I have never had as good a skin as I have by using this. It only took 31 years.

What I don't love is that it collects weirdly on my nose and seems to fall in my pores a little. I do apply quickly though, and should take more time.

The colour is alright on me (a lot of Clinique foundations are pink based, whereas I need yellow based), the consistency is OK.

All in all, I don't looove this but I don't dislike it. I'll buy it again for sure.

on 6/24/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Looks so natural, and skin just looks better. Not perfume like many foundations. My dry skin doesn't dry out. I'ts so easy to put on. Can't go wrong with this. Best foundation on the market. And you don't need to top it with a powder. It looks good on It's own.

on 6/16/2015 12:12:00 PM

I bought this foundation because I was suffering from dryness and the Clinique lady told me it was a good choice for dry skin. She was right about one thing - this foundation is very dewy and gives your skin a lovely glow, however I found that as the day went on my skin looked TOO oily. It was gross. I also wore the lightest shade (I'm not even that pale) and it turned orange. Ughh! I could not get a good colour match wearing this and I even tried two different colours. Both turned orange.

I also found this foundation to be quite heavy. I did like the coverage it offered but it just felt horrible on my face - like I was wearing a thick mask. I persisted in wearing it for two months because of the hefty price tag. But then I thought that perhaps it was contributing to my terrible breakouts because it was making my skin so oily.

I don't think I'll be going back to this makeup... I much prefer Clinique's Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup.

on 6/13/2015 2:55:00 AM

This foundation sounded like a miracle-worker when I was doing my research on it. So I have decided to take a sample and see how it works on my skin. Firstly, it is a very high-coverage product which simply gives an effect of a brand new layer of skin on top of your own. If you don't have major skin problems and generally don't like a heavy coverage, this is not a product for you. If you however have some spots and blemishes that you want to hide, you might quite like the opacity of this foundation. The only thing - color matching might be tricky, so make sure you spend enough time swatching and testing this foundation against your skin.
As for me, it kind of felt heavy and cakey. It also looked a bit shiny, despite me having a dry skin. I tried to sheer it out, but it doesn't really work with such a high coverage. I recommend using spot-concealing in areas which need extra coverage instead of layering too much of this foundation - because you might look like a nice little Double Tree Hotel chocolate chip cookie. So I am not using it for that particular reason, just a product that is too hard to work with!

If you want a better in-depth review on this foundation, simply head to this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 5/25/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a neutral undertone with lots of redness, so first I picked up the shade Buff hoping the golden tone would even me out, but it was too orange. I wanted to exchange it for Linen, but they didn't have it in stock so I had to get Alabaster, which was too pink. I was going to exchange it again, but instead decided to return it because I just don't love it. I have problematic skin, and it feels like the foundation just sits on the surface and makes my face look cakey, and definitely not "even better". Honestly I bet the only reason I didn't want to return it was that with the purchase I got a bonus bag with about 5 other products (that were relatively good).

on 5/25/2015 4:25:00 PM

Finally! Iv'e been trying to find a HG forever. I started breaking out and developing a slightly more red skin tone at the age of 12. Since then I have been obsessed with makeup(even though i only wore skin products at home in the beginning,hahaha). My problem has always been that my skin is both dry, acne-prone(only small ones, but many), red and oily. I did love MAC foundations for about 2 years, but wearing studio sculpt everyday made me feel a bit "fake". The reason is that i had to wear a huge amount of product, and i felt bad every time i removed my "mask". I do use studio fix compact foundation for whenever i'm in a hurry, this one is actually quite perfect. (but it do depend on whether i have an oily or a dry skin that day).
So to the Clinique Even Better foundation. I do love this foundation due to the fact that it works for every skin type(at least it says so). Since every skin type decided to take place in my face, I really feel like this foundation does the job well. It hides my redness quite good, goes on smoothly, and leaves a nice "glow". It is easy to make it more matte, by simply adding some powder. It does NOT break me out!! You can build it easily, and it usually stays perfect throughout the day(you may need to blot if you have an oily t-zone), and removes quickly with just normal makeup remover.
It also looks quite airbrushed on the skin if you but it on right. I feel that a compact buffing brush works for me, but a normal foundation brush is also fine.
A downer with this product is that I have a fair-medium skin tone(i'm Scandinavian, excuse my English), and even though I got it matched it is a little too dark. And i have the alabaster, which is the second most light color. So it will probably not work on super-fair skin.
I do live in a Norway and it is looked upon as on of the "richest" countries in the world, so the price is 285kr (37 US dollars), this NOT expensive for a high end foundation, so I am pleased with it.