September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Excellence To Go Hair Color

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by pbejarano

so my hubby has been wanting me to go red.So i went to my local store and picked up loreal 10 minutes in the shade light alburn. looking at the results on the box for dark brown i was in love with it. went home and right away went to dye my hair. at first i could see the red from the dye well i was processing and dying but then i washed my hair combed it out and looked in the mirror it was dark while i thought maybe it was because my hair was still wet so i went to sleep woke up in the morning with dried hair and it was the worst color ever. my hair didnt even look alburn it look black almost. i am so ashamed of loreal. i have used their products before and never had a problem this time i did and i will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by paigefrank

I really like this product. I have dark brown hair naturally and use the light golden brown. If you have a lot of grey I would leave it on for an extra five minutes or so. Color turns out a little dark but lightens up after a couple washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

first time dying my hair today, i thought it was interesting that the box pretty much guaranteed your hair would be softer, i didn't believe it because i am only 14 yet my hair is so dry, damaged and frizzy and pretty much every time i wash my hair it is always frizzy and dry. when i was finished and my hair dried it is softer than its ever been :D also, the instructions are straight foreword and it was easy to use, plus the conditioner is super soft. next time i dye my hair i will totally get this one! also i love the color! oh and i got the color dark blonde natural..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a few of the reviews below, I spotted the lovely shade Light Auburn and decided to go for it (Shoppers was out of my HG Feria Copper Shimmer #74). Dear god. My hair is BLACK BURGANDY. I'm a natural blonde. It looks awful with my colouring. I'll be grabbing some Color Oops first thing tomorrow then redyeing with Feria! Hands down the worst purchase I've ever made. Really disappointed L'oreal. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Exnyc

I used this color in natural black on the recommendation of a friend. It was the first time I colored my hair myself, wanting to see if I could save on the $100 my salon charges. I found it super easy to use. My hair is very dark brown naturally. This color came out darker than I really wanted, but still looks natural and is not unflattering. It did not dry out my hair and covered the grey perfectly. I would definitely use this again, but probably go one shade lighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Waste of time. Very drying. Doesn't cover gray/white. Color is VERY dull. Just terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sjmbam

Great idea - L'Oreal hair color that takes only 10 minutes to apply - but unfortunately it didn't work on my hair. It didn't cover my grays at all and didn't change my hair color much - not worth the time and money I spent on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Please don't try this product. I usualy buy Excellence Crème in E3 and always get good results. They were out of it at the pharmacy so I decided to try this one in 6G Light Golden Brown. Not only did it not cover grey but the color is 2 shades darker when on the box, both shades look identical. I also realised that a "fast" color was not a good idea since I have very thick an mid lenght hair (I always have to use 2 kits). By the time I'm done with the roots, I have to get to the lenghts and it says in the instructions that the max time is 15 min. Since using it I washed my hair once and there is practically no more shine wich practically never happens to me since my hair is very healthy, it' weard for me to have dull looking hair. What makes me angry is that I will likely have to go to the salon and spend a lot of money to have the situation rectified. The color treatment smells horrible compared to the one we get with the original Excellence Crème.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Tati77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was dreadful! My hair was light-medium warm brown before, but I had an urge to go red. So I tried this in light auburn, thinking it would brighten things up a bit.

Ugh.

Dark, bland, lifeless, burgundy is what I ended up with. The colour is nothing like what it should have been, the product smelled awful and the fumes burned my eyes while it was on, and - whether due to the formulation or the volume, I'm not sure - the product didn't even go far enough on my hair! I have thick hair, but it's shorter than it's been, and with other hair colours I always have extra dye left at the end. This time I had to fight and shake the bottle and really stretch it to cover all my hair and even then I have streaks that aren't well-saturated enough.

Will have to re-colour with another product ASAP. Would definitely not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MissAshleyBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair really turns light blonde during the summer. I travel for work and cannot always find a quality salon to upkeep my color so I decided to revisit my younger years with a quick box die. This product is dirt cheap and if you need multiple boxes you can find it on sale & use a coupon to make it more affordable. This product seemed like a no fail until...

***UPDATE*** September 2012 - While traveling for work I stopped into the ULTA in Muncy, Pennsylvania. I saw my hair in decent lighting there and noticed I had a GREEN tinge to my hair. I talked to the salon manager wondering if it could have to do with the hard water at the hotel where I was staying. I told her my routine and she said that darker L'Oreal box dyes tend to have a green hue to their undertone. I was walking around with hair that was shining GREEN in the sun! This product seemed like a great quick fix...until I had to spend extra on a neutralizer to get the tint out of my hair. I will not be looking for another quick fix from this box dye.