April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Hair Removal - Smooth Away hair removing pads

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by feedmekarats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this horrible product on my face to get rid of peach fuzz and let me tell you THIS WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! It ruined my skin! I get horrible breakouts now, before my skin was very nice, smooth, and i never broke out. After using this one time (which was 6 moths ago) the next day My face was covered with pimples and they will not go away!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They don't work and it burns your skin mildly. Not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is sandpaper. To sand the hair on your legs off. By the time I had sanded enough to get rid of the hair my skin was red and sore.

Don't do it. Don't sand your hair and skin off. It will hurt.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ended up liking these, but not for their intended purpose. They didn't do very well at removing hair...I always had a few strays (on my legs, never tried it anywhere else). However, I liked it for exfoliating right before I stepped into the shower. My skin is pretty dry and this made it super smooth. I buffed in circles (a few times in one direction and then a few times in the other direction....otherwise you could really irritate your skin). Even though I liked them, I probably wouldn't buy them again. It seems like it's just super fine grit sandpaper and I don't want to keep throwing trash away.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought these because I have super hairy " gorilla-legs" LOL the first time I used it, they worked great! My legs were smooth and soft, but the next time I used them, they did nothing... Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually picked this up at Dollerama in Canada for $2 and boy am i glad that i did! This was BRILLIANT, Perfect works like a charm...takes few rubs but so what? My legs are hairless and silky smooth!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by StellaRose13

I have a lot of extra body hair, and shaving doesn't do anything to help that. Creams smells, and waxing hurts, so I turned to the Smooth Away pads. When I was young, and didn't have enough hair to shave, but enough to notice, I used a Sally Hansen version of these. I figured they'd be about the same.
I tried them first on my arms, where I have very dark and thick hair. The hair took a bit, but it DID come off. However, the skin burned a bit, and there was stubble. No matter how hard and long I rubbed with the pad, it wouldn't go any shorter. I feel as though because I shaved to get the stubble away, it made the hair thicker on my arms.
However, on the other side, I used it on my stomach, back, and chest, with excellent results. No burning, no stubble, the hair came back slowly and thinner. It was a little difficult to do on my stomach, because it's softer than other parts of my body. It left my skin in those spots soft and hair free for at least a week before SOFT stubble arose.
I'm only marking the rating a 2 because although I was able to use it on my stomach/chest/back, it's my arms that matter the most, and this didn't deliver.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

SANDPAPER GAVE ME BRUSHBURN HELL NO

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticCritic

I bought Smooth Away hoping to find an easy, pain-free alternative to shaving. I must admit that I did look into reviews before making my purchase and found that the majority of buyers were not happy with the product. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a try. I paid $20 for a kit at Target. The package comes with 1 Travel Case; 1 Large Applicator (which is a bit too small for my large pianist hands); 1 Small Applicator (which fits rather awkwardly on the index finger); 5 Large disposable flex-crystal pads; and 5 Small disposable flex-crystal replacement pads. Before using it, I followed the instructions and cleaned the relevant areas of my skin. I also followed the instructions to move it in small circles several times clockwise, then several times anti-clockwise. I must say that I was somewhat disappointed with the results. It was probably most effective on my leg hairs, which are, I'm ashamed to say, rather course and wiry. It buffed away the majority of my hairs after a lot of persistent circling, but it missed a LOT of the long, fine hairs. I tried it on my forearm, but it still wasn't all that effective. After unsuccessfully trying the large applicator on my underarms, I used the small applicator. It was quite rough on the area, and my skin didn't react well. It exfoliated my skin nicely, but my skin didn't exactly come out silky smooth. Overall, I'm quite disappointed with the product, but will keep trying different ways of using it in case I'm doing something wrong. I would NOT recommend wasting your money on this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I purchased this at a local discount store and I tried it for the first time on my face last week. I used it all over the sides of my face for the fine hair and my upper lip. It burned a little on the sides of my face but i definitely wont be using it there anymore. I broke out with tiny red bumps and im still trying to heal them. It also made my skin very dry. Howver, my upper lip seems to have taken it well and did not get bumps nor burning. I'll only be using it every other week because i can see this irritating your skin if used every other day.