Eye Charm - Double Eyelid Tape

3.7

I brought these on amazon and I been using double eyelid tape for a few years. You cant wear make up under or over the tape. If you wear eyeshadow and put the tape on it, the tape does not stick. I tried this a few times and it does not work. Make sure your eyelids are clean and oil and make up free before you use this tape. This tape works really well and last all day. It is double sided which gives it a strong hold. I tried using eyelid glue and it does not work for me because it flakes off and it does not last.

I dont use this to create a double eyelid but I use this to keep my eyelids up as I have ptosis (droopy eyelids). It works really well and at the end of the night I use coconut oil or jojoba oil to remove.

Watch my video to see how to apply.

on 2/21/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have one monolid and one natural double eyelid and I wanted to make my eyes look more even so I have been using this as a "training tape" to make my monolid a double (it's almost a year now since I started). I use the Eye Charm tapes (pink packaging) in "Slim" for a small crease.

This worked very well for me, but I will say that this is going to be hit-or-miss with everyone. This tape does not work well with eyeshadow. The product description on some sites claim you can easily put makeup over this, but you can't. It looks very noticeable. The tape itself has a dotted texture and it is not completely transparent like clear packing tape. I didn't wear much eye makeup when I started using this (I didn't like the way it looked with my uneven eyelids) but since I was creating a very low crease on the eye, I have actually been able to get away with wearing this by itself during the day almost everyday without it looking obvious. The upper part of the lid hangs over it just enough to cover the tape but still create a crease like the one on my natural double eyelid eye. If you want to make a bigger crease, you will need the "Regular" size, but note that a bigger piece of tape will be more noticeable.

I would also wear these every night. If you plan on wearing this daily (or nightly) as a training tape, you have to be consistent in changing them and applying clean ones. And you have to be careful when removing them; eye makeup remover will reduce tugging. Too much pulling will eventually make the skin look droopier over time. So handle your lids with care!

The package does come with a little plastic two-prong "fork" to help you find your crease and determine where to place the tape. I've only had to use it the first time I started using this. After a while you can get a better idea of where exactly the tape needs to go, but the fork's there if you need it.

These are super inexpensive. I've gotten mine off of eBay for just a few dollars per packet (shipping included), with 40 pairs per pack. I think you can find these on Amazon too.

My monolid is now able to stay a double lid without the tape and my eyes look much more even now. And I can wear eye makeup without feeling self-conscious! I do want to continue using this for another few months for good measure though.

I really do like these, but as I said, it will not be for everyone, depending on individual eye shapes and whatnot. But if you do find that these kinds of tapes and eye lid glue don't work for you, I recommend those special "eyelid fibers" to try (I think AB Mezical and Mezaik are some popular brands; may be a bit more expensive). They work similarly to the tape, but instead of a full strip of tape, you get a very thin, clear piece of sticky fiber you apply at the crease. Much less noticeable if you want to make larger creases, and I think easier to work with if you want to apply eye makeup too.

UPDATE 6/12/14: Still have the even double eyelids! I no longer wear these everyday. The crease seems to be permanent now. I only wear them a couple times a month, for maintenance just in case. But I can go weeks "tapeless" now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Based on the reviews here, this seems to be more about eyelid tapes in general than Eye Charm brand (is this a brand?)

Anyhow, I use eyelid tapes on and off. Great to make hidden double eyelids (like mine) bigger. But a bit tricky for those who have a *fatty* eyelid (like me :( ) You need experimenting to get the right size/design/application to get it to work.

But will continue using these whilst I look at other eyelid enhancing methods:)

on 5/10/2011 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for about a year. :D I think it's okay... The tape is a bit noticeable. Not all that bad though. Just don't wear them in public. xD Hahaha. But, yeah. I no longer need to use them because they gave me permanent (sort of permanent!) double eyelids. ;] And that's what I love about these things! Lol. I used them for a few days, then my eyes just stayed as double eyelids. :D My eyelids go back to monolids every once in a while, but I just use the tape again, and it goes back to double eyelids. So, yeah. I really like this tape, even though it's kinda noticeable. It's really cheap! I got them on eBay for about a dollar, with free shipping. So, I won't complain. ;] I would recommend this to people who don't care if it's noticeable. xD And want something cheap to try out.

on 3/22/2011 3:41:00 AM

If you have super heavy monolids like I do, then the tape CAN be hidden. The reason for this is because the tape will fold inwards and so most of the tape will be concealed under your fatty eyelid. The only downside is that the "double-eyelid effect" is not as obvious. And in some cases, might still remain mono, but the up side is that it makes your eyes twice their size and rounder and less droopy. The trick to hiding the tape is apply makeup over it. Matte eyeshadows are more ideal because the tape is reflective. However, this problem can also be solved by applying eyeliner over the tape so that it'll look like part of your eyelid. One of my fave bloggers has a good tip on this so you should check out her blog frmheadtotoe.com (under the single eyelids tag)

I've been using this trick for almost a year and a half now and nobody can tell I have the tape on. They just notice that my eyes somehow have a different shape and size with makeup on. Even if i tell them to look for the tape, it took them awhile to see it (even though I pointed the tape out to them).

I wish these tapes were cheaper cuz the uncut ones can give you way way way more eyelid tapes than these for half the price but i usually end up getting these because of my laziness to cut the tapes into the correct size for my eyes.

Even so, I'd recommend this for people who wants bigger eyes!

on 11/21/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I dont have monolids, but one of my eyes are slightly smaller then the other. I think these would work excellently for people with droopy lids, but for me they were just horrible. They were so noticeable, they fall off easy. I got advice from someone, that these would help me open my right eye to make it the same size as my left....It didnt work.
The only double eyelid gimmick I believed works well is the old eyelash glue on your lid trick.....
Dont waste your time on this.

on 5/9/2010 11:49:00 PM

the tape kind of worked.
this is a super expensive glue,jap, got in at har. clearer than eyelash glue. noel borrowed in. pen, i cut off the tip. can make lid bigger. i liked the packaging.

on 4/29/2010 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am 55 years old and have drooping eyelids. This tape is like having a eyelid lift for free. At first I was self conscious about wearing the tape because I thought it showed. I asked several friends and family if they noticed the tape. Not one person had noticed the tape, even after I pointed it out they still couldn't see it. It takes at least 10 years off my age. I can't believe that everyone isn't wearing this tape. I guess it will just have to remain my secret.

on 6/19/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect for "training" your eyes to have double eyelids. They're sticky enough so that they won't come off when you sleep or stay at home for the whole day, and it doesn't hurt to remove them. After wearing for a few hours, I can already see a defined crease forming on my eye.

If you plan to buy this, I suggest that you ONLY use this to "train" your eyelids. Wear them at night and on days that you plan to stay home. They're shiny and WILL look obvious on your eyes, no matter how much makeup you put on. So wear them when you sleep, and wake up in the morning to bigger eyes!

EDIT: Ok, so after almost a year of wearing these to bed, my single lids have become double lids, PERMANENTLY! I'm amazed... I used to wear these to sleep and then touch up the temporary double lids with eyelid glue during the day, but now, they stay on their own, even if I don't sleep with this tape on. Although I still use these anyway, out of habit. I can't say this will work for everyone, but give it a try! I was so close to getting eyelid surgery, so I'm glad I discovered this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wish that the tape wouldn't be as reflective as it is because it's really noticeable when you put it on and close your eyes. I tried to cover it with makeup, but you can still see it.

It does give you the crease and lasts quite a while, so it does what it says it's supposed to do. But I don't know if I would really recommend going out in public with it on.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools