MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 9/1/2015 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My first highlighter ever and I love the glow it gives! To intensify I spray fix plus on my brush then I sweep across. I think this great if you like dramatic stand out make up.

on 8/31/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty good highlighter! It looks very natural. I use a thin brush in order to apply the highlighter in the appropiate places. I use it on the bridge of my nose and top parts of my cheekbones. Looks beautiful, and I get compliments on my skin when I wear it. I would definitely recommend.

on 8/19/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absoluetly love this product is my go to highlighter. Although can look very glittery if applied with heavy hand. I find applying it with a light hand in the highest points of your face to give it a beautiful glow. I found this powder highlight a dream as i have very greasy skin, i have tried numerous cream highlighters like sleek and all it did was cake and cause my skin to breakout

on 8/10/2015 7:22:00 PM

I really hate this product! Chunky glitter and over the top shimmer is just not my thing! I can't understand the hype over this one at all and all my friends agree:( much prefer Mary lou by the balm

on 8/10/2015 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a truly amazing highlight, which I feel can work for almost any skintone. It can come off as a little glittery if you over-apply, but with a light hand it makes your whole complexion glow. The colour and pigmentation of this product is aaaaaamazing, would 100% recommend to anyone

on 8/7/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is an overall a general highlighter that everyone should have

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why some people wouldn't like this highlighter, but I love it!

It is very glittery, but I don't think you can tell unless you're very close to my face. The less you use, the less noticeable the glitter is. It really doesn't matter for me, being 18, I think I'm still able to get away with glitter. More mature users may have to use a very light hand.

As for the color/pigment, it is a perfect match for me. I use maybe 3 or 4 light quick sweeps with my MAC 137 brush, and it looks freaking amazing! My mom also uses this, and if she is a bit heavy handed that day, it does show up VERY white and glittery on her, as some other users have commented. However, she's pretty fair and is cool toned; it shows up more as a light golden peach on my fair-medium and neutral toned skin.

My only complaint is that the container has no dip to put your nail in, and I have very short nails so it is a tad difficult to open. Oh well.

on 8/1/2015 5:05:00 AM

So I definitely put off purchasing this because of its cult fame, but now I see why it is such a favorite! My skin is dry and dull, very fair (NW20) and VERY cool toned. A lot of highlighters I've found for cool toned skin are white, which looks ashy even against my porcelain skin, the majority of others Are more golden and just doesn't look right on my light complexion. I swatched this in MAC to see what the hype was about and it was definitely amazingly perfectly colored for my fair cool toned skin. I wore it on my cheek bones out of the store and my skin looked revived from the drying summer months in chlorine and sand! I then had a party to attend later that evening and layered soft and gentle over my benefit girl meets pearl, another pinky champagne color that is somewhat neutral, and WOW! My cheekbones were glowing, when the light hit my face in a certain way, you could really see that most coveted hard to attain highlight. The powder is soft and beautiful, just like the effect on your face! I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin tones, I believe it would look dry and ashy, for darker skin tones I'd suggest gold deposit because it's soooooooo beautiful, I wish I could wear gold deposit as a highlight.. So fair skinned ladies (and gents) enjoy, dark skinned ladies (and gents), I'd steer you toward gold deposit!

on 7/30/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's an okay product.. i really don't see why it's so hyped as it's so dry and chunky-- not really digging the glitter flakes it contains. Also it can sometimes look ashy on me (I'm around NC42). I just got Becca's pressed highlighter in Opal and I can say that I'm never reaching for Soft n Gentle again!

on 7/28/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

OG of highlighters :) I have had this for a few years and it is always my go to highlighter..

Top Rated MAC Products