MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 5/21/2015 12:48:00 PM

Number one in all the highlighters I have ever used. Gives a beautiful dewy finish, is very build able if looking for a wet look which I do likeūüėČ. Defiantly a must have for those who like a dewy finish.

on 5/19/2015 4:54:00 PM

This highlighter doesn't give me the effect I want. I'm pretty disappointed. The formula is a bit dry but pigmented. It also has a lot of glitters in it which I do not like. Big chunks of glitter is visible on your face and this is where most of the highlight comes from. I just bought the E.L.F pinktastic blush/highlighter so hopefully that will work better. Overall, I don't think this highlighter is worth it because its dry and glitterly.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A very pretty highlighter that I think would suit everyone. Easily applies, blends and is well pigmented. The only thing I donít like is that itís not as finely milled as it could be, you need to make sure itís blended properly or it just sits on the skin, not giving a natural glow. I personally prefer the balm betty loumanizer but I do think this is a really beautiful product. It also makes a gorgeous eyeshadow which is a plus

Pro:
Reasonably priced for the amount of product and how long it will last you
Natural looking colour
Gives a fresh glow without being overly glittery
Nice packaging, simple and easy to use
Can also be used as an eyeshadow

Con:

Could be more finely milled
Not my fav compared to others on the market

on 4/27/2015 8:54:00 PM

I very pleased with this highlighter! I read reviews and watched YouTube videos of this product before buying it. It was a good decision because it absolutely looks beautiful on my skin! I'm the shade Barcelona in Nars and this highlighter compliments my cheekbones and gives me a fresh dewy look without looking too over done with glitter. I use a fan brush to apply the product and it gives me a natural glow. I would definitely repurchase this product!

on 4/26/2015 3:13:00 PM

Beautiful highlighter and photographs amazing! I have a fair skin tone and this works really well!

on 4/22/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Holy grail product. As reference I am NW20. Despite the product being pink it doesn't give off a colour it is just purely highlight. This is a "warmer" highlight than the Lightscapade which can look quite frosty and icy on complexions. I would recommend this one to everyone apart from if they prefer cool toned looks. It gives you the old hollywood starlet glow if applied to the high planes of the face. I wore this on christmas and my sisters were dying to know what i was wearing they said it gives you a certain "je ne sais quoi" a gorgeous touch to your make up and makes a HUGE difference. It brings your make up alive and makes you look so fresh and your skin just lovely. It is the right consistency - not glittery- not shimmery- it gives you a gorgeous glow. Would recommend.

on 4/13/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm very fair and but warm coloured (around NC10) and have had a hard time finding a suitable highlighting powder. I never felt comfortable wearing Lightscapade even though it should be a good match. I feel it makes me look even more pale and even applied very lightly the result reminds me of a creepy deathly white winter fairy instead of the dewy healthy glow I'm looking for. I had my sights set for Nars Albatross next but didn't want to order it online without first seeing it in person and now I'm glad I didn't!

I always thought Soft and Gentle would be too bronzy for me, because that's what it looks like in the pan. I swatched it anyway when I was browsing at my local MAC counter and holy baloney did it look awesome! I apply it super duper lightly (otherwise it makes me look like I've been dipped in oil) and have the pretty glow I always wanted. Somehow the shade is so neutral and translucent that it matches my pasty skin beautifully.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard great things about this product so i decided to buy it, it is a beautifull highlight but i hate the glitter in it. If you plan on buying it make sure you're aware of how glittery it is. Except that it's great

on 3/28/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lovely!I had to choose between this and the lightscapade one but the lightscapade swatched so light and subtle,I wondered if it would show up on my skin after all.So I settled on this one.It applies beautifully.So smooth and buttery and blendable.MAC blushes have disappointed me when it comes to texture but this one hasn't.The colour is amazing and so subtle,it does make a difference on my face though,especially when I apply this on my cupid's bow.It can last even more that 5 hours on me.LOVE THIS.

Great. Lives up to the hype. Bought it 2 years ago and still over half left with daily use. They've changed the packaging, which is great. I have the older style compact and the locking mechanism is gone. I saved the plastic dome it came with and have left it in my compact since I got it - I was worried it might crumble or shatter (I'm a klutz), but it hasn't.

Looks natural with a light hand and is GREAT for everyday. When I have a tan, this product looks AMAZING. Tried benefits high beam and it's ok, but MAC's mineralize skin finish in soft and gentle kicks it's butt. A must have.