July 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

Recommend by a MAC MUA, this is the most beautiful champagne highlighter that compliments my skin tone perfectly, and adds a subtle, illuminating definition to the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and Cupid's bow - utterly completing my makeup. I love it very much, and would repurchase, but it was $47 here in Australia, which is quite expensive, but seems like it would be worthwhile and last a long time. Change in packaging is very nice as well, and you can see the product through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Ohheyyas

The best highlighter ever!!! Gives me such a beautiful glow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My new HG hi lighter!! Beautiful champagne glimmer. I even use this on my eyes when I'm doing a quick face. I always love MAC products but this is maybe my fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to highlight. It has a perfect summery champagne glow and makes my skin always look amazing. I also like to use it as an eyeshadow (use eyeshadow primer) which also looks lovely for a soft eyeshadow look. I place this highlight on my cheekbones, Cupid's bow, brow bone and a tiny bit across the bridge of my nose. I find that it can be used as an intense highlight or when applied sparingly can look very natural. You get so much product for the price and a little goes a long way so it'll last you a long time. PERFECT product for me, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Eloiserose92

The most beautiful highlighter!! Works with so many skin tones, just gives your face that extra dimension! Sometimes it shows up blemishes on the skin terribly so make sure the area where you use it is clear as it will draw attention to those areas. Lasts forever too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Pumpkin7496

This is beautiful! I love it and it's one of my favorite makeup products. It makes my cheeks go from flat and dull to radiant and luminous. I apply it with my fingertips to my cheekbones and around the outer sides of my eyes. Especially over foundation, you'll see it give a lovely glow. As for packaging, the plastic piece would come out a lot but I keep it rolling around in my big purse. They recently changed the packaging though so it might be better. I definitely recommend u at least swatch this product at a mac counter and decide for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I am always hesitant about highlighters. Even when I was younger and they didn't emphasize my lines and wrinkles quite so much, I felt like they make my face look too artificial in some way. Maybe for a New Year's Eve event or some such thing but every day? Not for me. I can't say I understand the current "face of the day" that has everyone slapping on highlighters right and left. On most people on most days it is not that attractive. But I digress. Soft and Gentle is one of the "better" powder highlighters out there - not too much glitter or shimmer - but actually can be subtle if used almost as a blush. I would just say to keep a light hand with it. (I can't imagine I would ever need to repurchase since I have had the one I currently own for years and have yet to hit pan ... but I doubt I would, rather I would go for a more liquid highlighter like Becca's skin perfecter...or for something like Wet & Wild's Reserve Your Cabana which is uber subtle...)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Breezylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!! So beautiful on, but apply with a delicate hand because it can be intense. Tons of product. It'll last for years!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To say that highlighters are one of my favourite make-up products would be a bit of an understatement - I am obsessed with highlighters!

Soft and Gentle does not disappoint, a really pretty shimmery champagne colour in a finely milled powder, housed in a decent sized compact that makes it easy to apply with a variety of brushes. (Not a fan of really small highlight compacts that you can't get a brush into properly).

Sometimes I like to apply this with a fan brush (Sedona Lace or Eco Tools are good for this) or my current favourite application a small a fluffy brush to really blend it into the upper cheek bones - to get the lit from within look going on.

This shows up as a light champagne on my NC15 skin and I find it best matched with a natural eye look and more of a peachy/natural looking blush.

I can see this lasting a really long time as you get 10g of product - which is a lot compared to most highlighters and you really only need a light hand and minimal product to get a gorgeous glow. Iv'e had mine over a year and hardly made a dent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very glittery!!!!
So you have to watch out because is very easy to make a mistake in your makeup here, and if you're doing it with little light... Even WORST, because you'll think that it's not enough when you'll probably have already a lot of highlighter.
You just need a little bit of this and that's it.
It's hard to work with, like others said, because it has too much glitter, and it gets all over your face.
With time i learned how to do it right, probably you'll too...

In my opinion it's not a Highlighter that you can easily use everyday... I have Stero Rose that is easier to apply and not so shimmering, but it's nice, has a champagne color, very neutral...
I think it can work with a lot of skin tones...
But i'll not buy this again because i like more natural highlighter. This one gets almost too artificial.