October 31, 2014 | 1432 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Recently purchased Mac Soft and Gentle, and it is one of the few Mac products that I am willing to spend the money on, as in Australia it is heavily overpriced.

Regardless, it is a stunning product with the most perfect sheen on the cheeks, that I use as a highlight for my cheeks, bridge of my nose, cupids bow and forehead. Cannot recommend this enough and received so many compliments. Even with slightly oily skin this product does not accentuate this issue like other highlighters have in the past, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by hlrk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted a pretty neutral highlight/illuminiser etc for my face to add a nice shine and youthful finish.

Out of the Mineralize Skinfinish range this was the most subtle.
In the baked pan it appears a champagne pink with slight gold veins running through it.
When swatched it appears a champagne colour on the skin. It boarders on a little bit too pink for my yellow/golden tones, however i slightly add to my cheeks as well for a bit of extra shine on blushes. Makes your face pop with how reflective it is.
Not entirely happy with the quality of the finish, it is not finely milled. Some flecks on the face can be seen, have to almost beauty blend it in a bit more to make the large bits of powder blend more. This would be amazing if it was more finely milled.
I apply with a fan brush, i need to swipe it decently into the pan each time before i apply for a good application of product. However, i do not see myself running out for like 10 years. so much product in the pan - justifies the price more.
This lasts on my face for a whole day, easily!!
The pan it is in is very hard to open. Clam looking pan with a magnetic open/close system. Can be very hard to open. Otherwise packing is great and modern. Circular see through section on top to see the colour of the product.
Smell is fairly neutral, nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very pretty hilighter with a LOT of pay off! Because the pigment is very light I do find it can sometimes look a bit to sheeny? It's perfect for brow bone & cuspids bow! It lasts a long time I've had mine since January, pretty much use it everyday & still have no wholes in the compact yet! I use a RT setting brush to apply!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

NC20. More yellow pigments in my skin. Dehydrated skin with oily t-zone. Dry patches around my nose.

I have been looking for a highlighter to give me an effortlessly glowing from within look. You knoe when you're staring at somebody and you say... Damn how, how is she radiating like that?! We'll yeah I was after a product like that. I was tossing up between TheBalm Mary Loumanizer and Soft and Gentle... In the end I chose S&G because it's was easier to find. (Ended up buying TheBalm after being disappointed with Soft and Gentle!)

S&G is one of those highlighters that is definitely detectable on the skin. Therefore it was not the effortless look I was hoping to achieve. You would look at me and without a doubt know I had highlighter on. I would describe this as... A neutral champagne with flecks of gold particles. The gold flecks are nice for night time, maybe, but definitely obvious during the day. It can make me look... Like a glitterball and sometimes sweaty (especially in photos). As a result of the flecks, I find that it can accentuate pores I didn't even know was there - sitting ontop and drawing unwanted attention. I have tried applying with a highlighter brush. A blush brush. Contour - all by Real Techniques. The best brush is a flat foundation or a blending eyeshadow or fingers and blending.

I also have Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick in Pink Quartz which was the only highlighter I had before purchasing S&G. It is Soft and Gentle's dupe! But without the glitter/flecks. I get an ethereal sheen/glow with Pink Quartz. Due to the strips in Bobbi Brown strips, you have the option of making it more pink or bronze. I have had it for 5 years and still haven't hit pan. Worth the $72AUD I bought it for.

When it comes down to it, I regret buying S&G but will try using it as an eyeshadow and highlighter occasionally. Hence the no repurchase.

I ended up buying TheBalm's famous Mary Loumanizer in the end... Holy smokes. My cheeks are glowing this beautiful, words cannot describe, sheen. It is more golden in colour in comparison to Soft & Gentle, which looks warmer swatched beside.

Buy The Balm or Bobbi Brown alternatives!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

I found this at my pitiful local outlet mall yesterday (I'm close to an hour away from any Ulta or Sephora store) and was so happy I wanted to do backflips! (Unfortunately, I cannot, in fact, do a backflip). Apparently, online it's $32 and I got mine for $21 - score! Anyway, the color is beautiful. I use it as a highlighter on my cheeks and my nose. It has a lot of shimmer, but I don't mind because I obviously wanted the dewy, wet look anyway. Color payoff is pretty good considering how oily my skin often gets. I did my makeup at 11 AM and it was still going strong by 7:30 PM. The packaging is nice, and you get a lot of product for the price you pay. Definitely would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by CindyC19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mineralize skinfinish it gives me a nice glow it's several ways I could use this like I use it to highlight my cheekbones and to highlight my nose bridge and for the corners of my eyelids to brighten up my eyes the only thing I dislike about this is it can be to glittery so definitely have to use it very lightly when applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter! I have quite a few highlighters, and this is probably my favorite. I don't mind the new packaging, it's the product that I'm concerned with. S&G is a frosty, light, pinky champagne color. I have fair skin (NC15), and I thought this would be too dark for my skin..but it's not at all, it's perfect! It doesn't make you look like a glitter bomb, and i don't see that it accentuates pores either. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is FANTASTIC. Mac, Well done !! it adds the most beautiful glow. I put it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, and down the bridge of my nose. Not very fond of the price but you do get a ton of product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is such perfect highlight shade for so many skin tones. It's got enough depth for darker skin tones, but is skin like enough for fair skin tones and I think that's what makes it so versatile and natural looking. It's a champagne bronze shade that's shimmery but not glittery. One complaint is the packaging - I wish it had a mirror, but it is sturdy and functional other than that. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

Recommend by a MAC MUA, this is the most beautiful champagne highlighter that compliments my skin tone perfectly, and adds a subtle, illuminating definition to the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and Cupid's bow - utterly completing my makeup. I love it very much, and would repurchase, but it was $47 here in Australia, which is quite expensive, but seems like it would be worthwhile and last a long time. Change in packaging is very nice as well, and you can see the product through it.