October 25, 2014 | 1681 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Light Golden Brown

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by smallfries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i used this on very short pixie cut hair that was dyed medium warm blonde with my light brown roots just beginning to show. i bought this shade and the medium brown shade. i've read many places that you should dye blonde hair a reddish color before dying it brown to avoid yucky greenish tones. every other drugstore hair dye called "light golden brown" has dyed my hair light auburn so i figured this would do the same. i should have done my research beforehand!! this dye was so much darker than i expected. that being said, the color is really pretty. my hair is now a medium-darkish shade of chocolate brown with warm (almost reddish but not quite) tones. it covered my hair evenly. if you have long hair, be sure to buy two boxes - i used almost all of the bottle on hair that's only about 1.5" long at its longest point. that being said, my hair is quite thick and i'm very thorough with my dye. overall, i'm very pleased with the result - i just wasn't expecting my hair to be so dark!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by glennablom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using Ion demi for roots on gray. I was happy with it, however my overall hair color was a little dull, after Redken EQ salon color and shine faded. After I read the Colorsilk reviews, I was willing to try again permanent hair color after many years. 57 light golden brown (label said "new color") seemed right, and I just completed my color and style. Seems perfect for me. My previous highlights shine through, and my hair color looks natural like the color I was born with. As I approach 60 next month, I think this might be the look for me, and certainly affordable. I will see how it "wears" in the coming weeks, and if the shine fades. Overall, the color and texture of my hair was improved and today I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by TPan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this colour for about three years. I have quite alot of white hair so I don't get one even tone but with lots of highlights as the white hair turns light gold while the rest of my hair looks like the colour on the box model, pretty good for me! I colour my hair every 5 weeks. I wish they sold the conditioner separately. I would love to own a big bottle of it. I did try medium golden brown twice but didn't like it and so I switched back. I'll definitely keep on buying. By the way i agree with one reviewer who mentioned that you have to really saturate your hair with the dye. That's the way to get the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by slkeeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this product once a month most of the year (in fall I use a more auburn shade).

First let me say: It is darker than "Light Golden Brown" might lead you to believe. I have what most people would call dark brown or brunette hair.

That said, when I use this hair color, my gray hairs (which I've had since my mid-20s) turn a truly lovely light golden brown. The rest of my hair picks up the darker shade. The end result is a glimmery, multi-dimensional mix of color, light golden to dark brown.

I get lots of "wow, who does your hair?" compliments (and not the "wow, did you dye your hair?!?" kind).

If you do not have grey hairs to pick up the gold tones, you will probably not be pleased with this color. If you have dark brown hair with grays sprinkled through, give it a shot, and save money on highlighting.

FYI: I have shorter hair now, but when my hair was long it took 2-3 boxes to color. However, at this price, that works! I often find it 2-for-$5 and stock up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kaylizcabe

I was looking to do the "ombre" look on my medium brown hair. I thought this would be a good color to dye the bottom of my hair, not too light, but definitely a significant change. Not at all what happened. The dye was A LOT darker than the box hints at, and now the ends of my hair are slightly darker than the top. It did not work at all and I will be going out today to get different hair dye to fix this. The conditioner comes in a tiny one use packet unlike most other hair colors today. Though it does smell good and I am a fan of the company not using ammonia in this I would never buy Revlon Colorsilk again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by cguillau

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have already have light golden brown hair but I wanted to use this hair color to cover my grays and make my hair all one color (roots included). I read the reviews on this and they were pretty positive so I thought I'd give it a try. BIG MISTAKE! This turned my hair a very dark brown, almost black. It did however cover the grays. It also made my hair dull, dull, dull and lifeless (did I mention dull?). I can't wait until it washes out. Back to L'Oreal Preference for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This turned out to be a light reddish brown on my dark brown hair. It definitely didn't turn out how it looked in the photo, but I still liked it. It's one of my favorite shades now, actually. I think it looks even better as it fades. I love that these are so cheap and work well on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go to hair color. My hair is fine and thin so one box for my chest length hair is enough. But I am thinking that maybe I need to try using two boxes instead of just one? My hair is naturally dark brown, but with just one box of this, it becomes medium brown. Maybe if I use two boxes, it will be light brown? edit: I used two boxes on my chest length hair today. While there was still a LOT of product left, I just wiped it all on the top of my head. Apparently, your hair needs to saturated with the product to get the desired result. In other words, close to dripping wet. Still not as light as I hoped it would be, BUT it is so much better. It turns reddish brown on me though. At first I didnt understand why, but now I understand that's hair lingo for brassyness. Next time I will use light ash brown because that's what I am supposed to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by STEPHANIEHWZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the WORST hair color I have ever used. There is nothing SHIMMERING OR LUMINOUS about this color, yet they call it color silk LUMINISTA. DECEPTION!!!!!! It is a dull, flat, ugly color that has some pink tinge to it.
What has happened to Clairol BALSAM COLOR??? My natural hair looks copper in the sunlight, this looks pink and ugly blonde if you can call it that.
I would never recommend this to any one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Pegster57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect golden brown - not too light, not too dark and not too red. Perfect.