August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Skincare - Face - Arbonne - Clear Advantage 4-step system

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by tinychula

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm new to using Arbonne and I'm a 17 year old who recently stopped using proactive and switched to arbonne through a party my friend threw. I bought the acne medication set and for the first week my face was super clear with no breakouts at all. I'm on the third week id say of using and all of a sudden I'm getting huge breakouts !!!! To the point where there are HUGE lumps on my face ! Specifically my forehead and chin areas ! I'm so disappointed. I'm not sure if I should continue the use or not. I never would get cystic looking acne on my face and now I have two huge problem pimples . I was happy for about a week and shortly after I started getting the worst breakouts I've ever had. I don't know if it's me or my skin but I'm not thinking of buying this product again after I stop using it. Sooo frustrating !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product a few years ago, it was the first sort of professional product that I used on my skin. I purchased the cleanser, toner and moisturizer. I started using results after only about a week, this stuff was so amazing. I only needed a little bit of each, and wow did they all clear my skin up well.

The only downfall of these products was the price, working at a job when I (at the time) was only making about $9.50 an hour, I couldn't exactly afford to buy them anymore. I probably won't repurchase these again, since I started using Aveda - Outer Peace line, and I am now currently using the Special Cleansing Gel from Dermalogica. Both of those products have also helped a lot in the past few years. I still love the Arbonne line though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Showchoirprincess

I've always struggled with acne, I've tried basically everything. My aunt went to an arbonne party and bought the clear advantage for her daughters and then she hosted a party at her house she talked to me about the product knowing that I've struggled with it. I've had it for about a week and already see significant differences. I'm waiting to see what it does later on but at the moment I'm VERY satisfied with it. I really like this product because it hasn't dried out my skin like other products have and it doesn't have a gross smell like other products

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by paulineann97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My aunt was having an arbonne party since she works for them so i decided to go. I'm a teenager and my acne varies depending on pretty much everythig possible. I have tried and tried so many products for acne and they have never helped. I have extremely sensitive skin and i wasn't able to try a lot of the harsh products with clyndoxyl gel, benzoyl peroxide or over 1% salicylic acid in them. I'm not able to try proactiv because of a blood condition, i also tried the clinique 3 step system and boy did that suck.

I have used products by Simple and Origins and i found that their products NOT meant for acne have helped me the best until i tried Arbonne. I constantly have break outs and my skin is never clear, but my face isn't full of acne. i usually have on average around 5-10 zits on my face always. I was getting fed up with it so i tried this. Surprisingly, Arbonne has worked okay for me. I can see some of my under-my-skin acne go away and it's helped take down the swelling in my zits. Although each of the 4 products contain salicylic acid (1%) they don't hurt my skin.

I found that the cleanser works very well with my Clarisonic Mia, but thats a whole other $120 purchase on top.

The only downside about this is the product sizes. I paid $100 for this set and that was with a sale price because of the Arbonne Party. The cleasner is a fair size, as well as the toner and spot treatment. However, the lotion tube is almost nothing.

If you make a set meant to be used al together, make the portion sizes similar so you have enough to last!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

First of all, arbonne as a company really bothers me. I hate network marketers. It's just so wrong to take advantage of peoples friendships and families for your own financial benefit.

I only purchased the clarifying wash, and clarifying lotion. There's no way I was going to spend hundreds of dollars on the whole system. So:

The cleanser feels nice to wash with. It lathers well, but not like your average cleanser would. You need a fair amount of product to reallly get a good lather going. It removes a good amount of my stubborn makeup, and doesn't dry me out any more than your average cleanser. That being said, it's totally average. For $22, plus tax, plus shipping, I expect amazing.

The clarifying lotion, i got recently and have only been using it for a few days. Right off the bat, I'm extremely disappointed. It doesn't hydrate my skin at all! It sort of burns my skin when I apply it because it's so drying. I might as well not have anything on! And, my foundation goes on worse with this on. This is not what I expected for $22, plus tax and shipping.....AND having to pay return shipping for a refund! At that rate it would cost me more to return it than i paid in the first place. Never buying anything from Arbonne again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by dfisico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Practiv for 10 years and have always sworn by it. It cleared up my skin, and I never found it drying or harsh.

A friend of mine recently became an Arbonne consultant and encouraged me to try a more 'natural' and 'healthy' alternative. Since my skin was already so clear, she didn't even think I needed an acne line but I told her that I absolutely did, and so she gave me her Clear Advantage sample set as a trial.

I used it for 4 weeks and immediately, my skin broke out... I know from experience that using effective products (Proactiv), skin always gets worse before it gets better... But using Arbonne CA, my skin never got better.

The first week was white heads, weeks 2-4 were full fledged blemishes. I don't think my skin was as bad as pre-Proactiv; the blemishes (although numerous) were small, easy to cover, and less infected.

Overall, I'd say this product is half-way product between non-acne and Proactiv... for those that find Proactiv too harsh, strong, or drying, this might be the perfect product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Cmitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have quite the combo skin- sensitive to everything including what i eat, oily in some areas, smooth in others, dry in some areas, break-out prone, red mark scarring from past pimples
priot to this line i had a few minor break outs nothing too horrifying i bought this line hoping for perfect skin no break outs and to clear up my scars i have been using it for about a month and a half and for 1 month i didnt wear any makeup and used this morning and night my skin was practically perfect i went out not thinking about my skin and the fact that i had no makeup on then i went out dancing 1 night and of course put on makeup that WASN'T arbonne and omg i broke out horrible within a few hours and i had a few functions to go to that i needed to wear makeup so that continued to break me out even more but as soon as i would wash my face with arbonne it would calm my skin down and made everything clear up fast but i keep having to wear makeup since its not almost perfect like it was so i think its the makeup thats clogging my pores when before i got onto arbonne my makeup didn't bother my skin. so i have no ordered all the arbonne makeup, skincare, haircare, bodycare everything arbonne pretty much i signed up as a preferred client to get 20% off all my purchases but the tax and the shipping cost 20% more on top of the purchase so really its only getting free shipping and tax free and the shipping prices are ridic and within the 1st 2 months of being a preferred client you get 840$ worth of products for 420$ however they still charge you 100$ for the tax plus the shipping so i've spent almost 900$ on arbonne products and really only saved 300$ with this "20% off and spend 420$ (really almost 600$) get 840$ worth of products in 1 month and a half i am expecting all the makeup to arrive tomorrow so i will update with another review in about a month to 6 weeks to see what my results are like. i am loving arbonne but not the fact that it isnt agreeing with anything else i put on my skin it only wants arbonne which in a way is good i have finally found something that works but at the same time its so bloody expensive i have spent tons on skincare and makeup before and if it works its worth it and the fact that its almost 100% natural ingrediants its a winner for me the only thing is i wish it was bigger bottles for the price you pay but i do find everything does last a long time since a little goes a long way and im used to having to use gobs of face cleanser to feel clean but i literally use a dime size amount of the cleanser and toonie size of the toner and a pea size of the lotion and spot treatment and ive been using it for a month and a half and i still have 1/4 or more or it left to those of you who want to try it deffinitly try it but order the makeup too! if your like me and your biggest insecurity is your skin then it will be worth it in the end if it works no more spending money on dermatologists and things that dont work and spending money on arbonne that works and you know is good for your skin good luck to everyone lets hope 1 day there is a 100% cure for acne so no one else will ever have to go through that horrible insecurity that we have all lived and survived through maybe arbonne will be the cure for me it is atleast until i put on makeup long review i know hope this helps!

UPDATE MAY.21/2012- I returned all of the arbonne products my skin wasn't getting any better it just kept getting worse and im left with horrible scars theres alot of bad ingrediants in their products and i just wouldnt recommend it for anyone that has extremely sensitive intolerant skin that rashes or breaks out to products like me....i find if i wear no makeup and just use water to wash my face my skin is perfect but im a girl i like to go out and i like to put on my makeup so im going to find something thats more pure and natural hopefully that helps

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by juddlyjr

I love the cleanser for this set it keeps my skin clearer than anything I have used including Proactiv. I use the Fc5 Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion its keeps my oily face matte but it is still moisturized.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MistyAnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, Arbonne is simply amazing...but my skin absolutely HATES this stuff! I noticed that anything with peppermint my skin reacts badly. Shortly after using this my skin would get tomato red and sting :( I will just stick with my Arbonne RE9 smoothing facial cleanser and tretinoin to treat acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by sweet_talk

I bought this line at a Arbonne party hoping to clear up my skin. I had blackheads covering my nose, forehead and some on my chin but only a few blemishes. When I first tried it I really liked the smell and it made my skin feel refreshed and clean. I also took the vitamins everyday. For the first week I used it only at night when I took off my make up which it did really well and then increased my use to twice a day. After a few weeks whenever I would get a pimple it would be much smaller the next day after cleansing, toning and the lotion. My skin began to get really dry especially around my nose so I had to put a cream on my face to moisturize. It got so bad that around my nose it would start to crack and bleed. I read so many reviews that said "it takes a few weeks to really see results" and "your skin will get worse before it gets better because it cleans from the inside out" so I kept using it. Well.. my skin got really bad. I had a massive breakout all over my face. I kept on using the product because I thought it was just all the bacteria in my skin coming out. But after 2 months of using it my skin was way worse than when I started. I decreased use to only once a day for another month and my skin was just as bad. One day my Dad told me that he had never seen my skin this bad and that I should stop using it. So I immediately stopped using Arbonne and went back to my old cleanser. It's been almost 3 weeks and my skin is almost back to normal. I have sensitive skin and maybe my skin just couldn't handle it but I warn other people to be careful when using it.