January 27, 2015 | 1635 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Canankoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many times to give up on this products, but I always come back to it. I have very oily eye lids and most brands of mascara smudge in a few hours. But not this, I have done 48hours with this and not a single smudge. I have cried with it many times and again didnt have to worry about my mascara smudging. I wear contact lenses and have never had problems with this product.

Applies perfectly, never cakey or blotchy, isnt too thick so can layer it on and still get a natural feel.

If you want a natural, good quality, smudge free, mascara for daily use I really recommend this.

If you want something that will volumnise or lenghten lashes than this might not be the product for you. Doesnt give the thick fake lash effect other mascaras do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:41:00 PM More reviews by elenakwan

I have really oily lids and a high cheek bones that tend to get oily. Whenever I smile or shut my eyes tighter, whatever mascara I am wearing - waterproof or normal - will rub off onto my under eyes. After discovering tubular mascaras, the first true one that I have ever purchased is this one. It really doesn't wear off no matter how oily I am. I am even brave enough to coat my lower lashes because I know this mascara won't budge.
I love how easy it is to remove. I wipe off all of my makeup excluding the lashes, then I splash some water over it (doesn't necessarily have to be lukewarm) and tug on it lightly with my fingers. It comes off very cleanly and doesn't leave any residue.
The only downside is that it really weighs down my lashes. I could curl them multiple times, apply a coat, curl, apply a coat - and the product will still weigh it down.
But nonetheless, I've found a way to work with it: I apply two coats of waterproof mascara (I use Maybelline Colossal Cat Waterproof) and coat the outer lashes with Double Wear Zero Smudge.
I really would like to give this mascara 4.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cimas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent mascara. Finally a mascara that doesn't smudge and make my eyes red! Expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Umayuo

I am not one wears make up often. On average, I wear mascara once a week. I have a huge collection of them though through buying or been given or just samples. I have to say this is the only one that does not smudge what so ever. I tries using other mascaras such as benefit or Lancôme or ysl together with Clarins eye brow and mascara coating, even those combi can't beat the zero smudge performance of this one. I absolutely hate anything that smudges because it makes the made up face look dirty and cheap. In terms of lengthing yes it does lengthening so is a plus. The only thing it doesn't do is volumising your eyelashes but if you want to have a clean, defined and natural look then it will be perfect for you. For special occasions I always use the ester launders eyelash primer first then use a different mascara such as Lancôme or ysl then apply talika eye lash fibre then last coat the double wear zero smudge. Then you will have a fluttery eyelashes which is not going to randomly smudge everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by chara68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge. I touch my eyes a lot during the day & everything else I've tried leaves me with major panda eyes.
Love the fact it rinses off with warm water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am quite fickle when it comes to mascaras despite finding something I am happy with I always want to try something new. When I was running low on my usual mascara, I decided to pick this up. It's not terrible but it's not great either, a mediocre mascara. I give it props for not ever smudging on me because I have oily lids and nothing ever seems to stay put. There's no wow factor to it and it definitely can't seem to hold my curl. This mascara dried out very fast, probably in about 2 months? It doesn't add a whole lot of length either but adds quite a bit of pigmentation. Back to the drawing board!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG for me. Everything smudges on me except for this. I'm not crazy about the price but the fact that it stays put without smudging or flaking is worth it's weight in gold.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another "tubing" type mascara that just won't stay on lashes and falls off before its supposed to. Tons of flakes end up all on top of my cheeks and fall into my eyes to irritate them like crazy. Can't understand why they advertise it as 15 hour wear?? Maybe its because I have oily skin but I don't have trouble with the wear of most regular mascaras. For the price I was surprised it gave almost NO volume, curl or blackness, and I found it clumped lashes together :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How refreshing: a mascara that stays put, doesn't smudge or flake, looks fab throughout a long day and washes off with warm water.

I cannot cannot cannot wear most mascaras, as so many just result in smudges - sometimes to embarrassing levels. So many, gorgeous mascaras were failures: Lancome, Dior, benefit, etc. Tubing and gel mascaras helped: Blinc, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and L'Oreal. None of them, though, held up to this with ease of application vs. finished look.

One of the best things: the SA took the time to educate me with this, demonstrating a firm "swirl" inside the tube before extracting the wand. This helps clear the brush of excess mascara and diminished clumps.

I'll post again to comment on longevity - this is the first week, but I'm loving it so far.

UPDATE: The tube didn't last long enough for the $$$ price to merit repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by sherlynnng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

1. It is truly waterproof and smudgeproof. The only mascara I've used so far that truly doesn't leave my lower eye lids blackened due to smudging after several hours of use. 2. The brush does lengthen the eye lashes, and accentuate every single strand of lash. 3. If it does dry out as mascara usually does, just add a couple of drops of saline solution into the bottle (the kind used for contact lenses) and the brush and mascara will be rejuvenated. Avoids clumping to occur.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No