July 28, 2014 | 1336 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by melkin19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation and probably the best I've ever used, and sadly, I found out today that this product has been discontinued. After searching for it and unable to find it on Maybelline's website, I decided to contact them directly and received an email today stating that it was discontinued.

According to the Maybelline rep, FitMe is supposed to be similar. Maybe that will take my favorite foundation's place!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was so impressed by Maybelline's MINERAL POWER liquid foundation at first, but sadly that first impression was misleading.

I have skin that’s pale and dry, so it’s really hard to find a product that works for me. I found this really easy to blend into the skin, leaving it silky smooth, with an almost poreless look and glowing satin finish. Best of all, there were no patches of dry skin on my face, which almost every other foundation I’ve tried has left and it lasted all day on me.

Now for the negative: A Maybelline foundation has done it again. I saw my reflection in a store window whilst out shopping and took a double take, MINERAL POWER oxidises enormously. I looked like I belonged on Jersey Shore. This foundation ended up in the bin.

Maybelline’s US shade selection is a heck of a lot better then the UK choice. I'm between a n10 and n15 in MAC foundations and wore Light 1 (porcelain ivory) in MINERAL POWER.

The UK edition's colour selections are pitiful. The lightest shade is too dark and orange. For the US version you get a clear choice of light, medium or dark, then within that there’s a further shade choice of 1, 2 and 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation I will actually repurchase. It's easy to put on (I use my fingers, but you can easliy use a brush aswell). Covers quite good and blends in with my skin tone.
    Doesn't make me break out, and it works very well to use on my dry skin.
    The skin looks very good, glowy and "moist" afterwards.

This has actually been so good and because it's mineral, I'm actually scared to try some other foundation that's not =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by snuffle2

This is just like a tinted moisturiser.No breakouts for my combo/oily skin.Good coverage and dewy nice finish.The one negative is can easily rub off onto tops or during exercise.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by ScoutJ

This is fine. Not amazing, not terrible: fine. It covers, and leaves a relatively natural finish, with a bit of 'glow' (read: oiliness, if it's that time of the month). Sticks around if you're going out for a few hours, but no chance at all if you're out for the full day. Hasn't made me break out, but doesn't make my skin look amazing either. Saying that, it's cheap, so I'll keep using it for unimportant events until it's finished. There are definitely better foundations out there, but there are worse too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Pariz19

What I like about this product, its quality on the skin and the strength it has on the combination skin and in my case im ligh and slight red spots from waxing, but this by far fixes are those little immperfections,I have sand beige at this moment because i like the tan look as I have darker Hair, but I also but Ivory for my under eyes. because sometimes you dont want to place too much of a white under the eyes looking racoonish.! and I bought Tan just for fun so I can use contouring where I feel I have some cheekbone action provide myself some contour! I love it for its price half what MAC does with their prices

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Tan (Dark 1) and Medium Beige (Medium 3) for myself and my sister, respectively. The colours match our skin tones perfectly. I did not need a new foundation at the time but I have always had positive experiences with Maybelline foundations; and this was on sale so I figured I would try it out. It feels very light and gives medium coverage. My skin looked amazingly even and almost airbrushed. At work, I had to wash a mop with extremely hot water from a hose and I started to sweat but my makeup stayed on. I used Maybelline Mineral Power Pressed Powder on top of this. I also used L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base under this but I have worn it with different primers and the results are pretty much the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This and the Superstay 24 hr are similar i think. This gives good coverage and still feels easy on the skin. I don't know how "good" it really is for the skin, but of course it's a pro that it says it's mineral. I don't think i have anything bad to say, this is a good foundation if you want medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by bigbu

Perfect dupe for my Hourglass veil foundation. I was looking for a cheap foundation which gives a dewy look the same as my Hourglass. It gives a natural luminous look for dry skin. I dont recommend it for oil skin because it can get oily easily. The color is perfect for my NC30 skin as well. Coverage is sheer-medium. Drugstore foundation usually leaves a powder streak on my face but not this one.
    I've been using it every day since I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

my friend gave this to me because she bought it in the wrong shade. i was surprised at how great the coverage is! though i am not crazy over the packaging and i do think it might make me break out a bit. i will repurchase though, as it is a cheap good standby