September 17, 2014 | 1904 users online

Foundations - Almay - TLC Truly Lasting Color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- FINALLY. a drugstore foundation that matches my skin
- looks incredibly natural when I put it on
- dries to a satin finish
- lightweight
- keeps my skin feeling oil-free
-- I have oily combination skin
--- my t-zone gets pretty oily
-- I only put powder on my t-zone and chin
--- after 11 hours, my nose only got a little bit oily
- after oxidizing, there is almost no color change
- although I only put powder on my t-zone and chin, the foundation stayed put on my cheeks
-- it does not transfer at all
- medium coverage that is buildable
-- great for everyday use

Cons:
None!~

I use this as my daily foundation. I don't want to cover up my imperfections completely, but I want to even out my skin tone. This foundation does exactly that; it covers up any redness I have but still lets my skin show through. A little also goes a long way with this product; I only dispense two drops that are about the size of a q-tip bud. This is my HG foundation!~

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- Perfect color match for me
- Great coverage
- Did not break me out
- Affordable

Cons:
- Started to cake up after a few hours
- Settled into my pores
- VERY difficult to blend
- Isn't buildable

Final Thoughts:

I managed to make this foundation work with a lot of effort (after trying with fingers and a brush, I was finally pleased with the beauty blender) but I don't want to spend that long trying to make my foundation look decent--ESPECIALLY if it starts to cake up after a few hours. However, given all the positive reviews for this foundation, I suppose it might just be my skin type. Positively, the coverage and color match was great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhhhh yesss!! Bought this after reading some reviews here! I work 9 hour days and go to the gym afterwards so I want something that will last allllll day. I was using rimmel stay matte and that was working great but looked a little too heavy and didn't last quite as long as I wanted. Then I used covergirl 3 in 1 and that lasted a little bit longer but didn't look good on my skin at all and accentuated my pores but I just stuck with it.. Then I got this foundation and WOW let me tell you, I'm in love. I apply with real techniques damp sponge and it blends sooo much better than covergirl 3 in 1 and manages to cover beautifully without looking Cakey or that fake. It feels lighter and looks lighter but covers great. But the best best part is that it lasts me alllll dayyyy longggg. 730 am to 930 pm I'll have this stuff on and it's no problem at all. I seriously don't even have to powder at all if I don't want. Blot a little but it stays looking so great! I'm so so so so in love and happyy:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by munchkin123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation that I've ever used. I wear this in buff and it matches my skin perfectly all year round. It's so easy to apply with your fingers or brush without it streaking or caking.
Although it is a long wearing formula I find that it has a very light texture similar to wearing nothing, which makes it perfect for building coverage. One layer will give you medium coverage and two should give you full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

have bought this several times now and will continue to repurchase. I have acne prone skin and i find this foundation is the best in terms of prevention :) while it can transfer to clothing a little, it does well and truly last throughout the day, isn't shiny or oily looking, it has good packaging and is good value for money :) is my default go to foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this foundation quite a lot whilst going through university, when I thought my makeup collection was at it's best and when I took more time applying it. I'm a drug store makeup girl (mostly) but I have tried some high end brands from Sephora recently. I had luck with the higher end brands, certainly, and the coverage was incredible but I found they oxidized on me. And that is my problem with a LOT of foundations, in general - Turning that awful orange mask-y colour. I had a bit of a love affair with Garnier's BB Cream recently, and I loved the coverage/finish of that but - again - too dark, too orange-y by the end of the day, and I also became quite oily (not unexpected but I knew I could do better). I've tried Maybelline's Superstay foundation in recent months (oxidized), and Cover Girl's 3 in 1 Foundation, too (not bad, the colour was good but I would get oily).

Anyway, it was inevitable I would come back to this, I guess. Almay is more expensive than those brands by about ten dollars where I shop, but it was time. It is kind of sticky like I remember it to be, but I'm such an oily person that I don't find it hinders my application at all. The coverage is less than I remember, but I'm okay with that because I didn't want something too full in the summertime. It's nice coverage, natural, but covers my dark spots, acne, and acne scars without too much product. It lasts long, I don't get very oily, it does NOT oxidize (Buff matches me quite perfectly), and my skin in general just looks better whilst, and even AFTER wearing it. My pores are smaller, I'm less oily, and my overall complexion while wearing this foundation is just so nice. Not too matte, not too dry, just a nice, natural, but serious coverage. I am RELIEVED to be using it again, if I'm quite honest. I've used L'Oreal's Infallible in the past, and I found it rubbed off high traffic areas of my face quite easily (around the mouth/chin), but Almay's TLC stays put and treats my skin well. So glad I came back to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of my skin is rough and dry, and I am very easily irritated and broken out. I am still looking for a great foundation, but am using this in the mean time. It has good coverage and is gentle on my face, which is a rarity. The problems I have with it are that it is a bit sticky and can be hard to apply smoothly, and that it dries a bit chalky on my already dehydrated skin. It would probably be very nice on normal or maybe even slightly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Skilo888

I keep coming back to this foundation after years of trying many other more expensive foundations. I have the most sensitive skin ever and have reactions to even the most "sensitive skin friendly" products. I mix two pumps of TLC with 3 pumps of Aveda hydrating lotion to thin it out. This works for an all over coverage that's still natural enough for a sunny day. I'm a lifer now!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by reneemeraz510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have continuously repurchased this foundation for around four years and I still use it whenever I apply my makeup.

Back when I was in high school, I suffered from terrible acne. I found that the only foundation that did not break my skin out at the time was Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15, however, I was in need of a more affordable foundation and just happened to be shopping at Target. I decided to walk into the makeup department, and purchased the color Buff on a whim. I figured since Almay's cosmetics target those who have sensitive skin, I hoped that this line would live up to its words and would not cause any further breakouts. When I got home, I decided to read up on some reviews and many people raved about this product. I then decided to give it a try.

The first thing I noticed with the packaging is that it has a pump, which is great because I dislike pouring out foundation and wasting a bunch of product. My skin tone is about an NC-30 in MAC and contains plenty of yellow undertones. The color Buff is a bit too light for me, however, a touch of bronzer made it look just right. I noticed the shade I got has yellow/ golden undertones which suits my skin tone perfectly unlike most drugstore foundations I have tried in the past. The consistency was not too thick, nor was it runny. I applied this foundation with a stippling brush and it glided on seamlessly. This foundation has a light to medium coverage and dries to a matte finish, which is a plus in my book due to the fact that I have oily skin. It lasted all day with very little oil break through, zero oxidation, and did not cause any breakouts. It also feels very light weight on the skin and did not settle into any of my pores. The coverage of this foundation is somewhat build able, however, it was unable to completely cover a few of my scars and hyper pigmentation I had on my face. One thing that I did notice with this foundation is that it can cause a white cast when taking photos with flash because it contains SPF 15, but I overlooked this problem since I normally apply SPF 50 under my makeup anyways.

My acne has subsided ever since and I no longer have to continuously break my bank by purchasing higher end foundations when I can spend less than $10 on a drugstore foundation that works just as good if not better in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past couple of weeks waiting for something to go wrong with it. I always find something wrong with a new foundation. It oxidizes, causes a breakout, gets too oily, looks too dry, doesn't last, or doesn't match. I have always had a terrible time finding a good match. Now that you understand that I'm very picky with foundation I'll say that I can't find a thing wrong with this foundation. It's really working for me. It wears very well. Last weekend I put it on at 8am and washed it off at 10pm. I looked long and hard at my face before I washed it off to see how it looked and it still looked great. It didn't separate, get oily, look icky under my eyes, pool in my pores, or wear off. It actually looked almost exactly the same as it did in the morning. I have not put powder over it because it doesn't need it. It actually looks better throughout the day because it starts to look a bit softer. I doesn't cause the skin under my eyes to look crepey at all. It also has not caused any breakouts for my sensitive skin.
I'm using Neutral and it's a great match for my NC30/35 skin.
I use one pump and apply with my finger tips by pressing it gently rather than spreading it around like a moisturizer. Any more than one pump and it starts to look cakey. I would say it has medium coverage, which I usually don't choose because I have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone, but I really like it anyway.
I don't put it on my eyelids because my eyeshadow creases terribly over this. I give the foundation a few minutes to dry while I put on my eyeshadow primer and then I'm ready to put my blush on.
You can't beat the price, either. I paid about $8 at Rite-Aid when it was on sale. Save your receipt and you can return it there if you don't like it.
I really love this foundation and I rarely say that about any foundation. I'm so thrilled that I found an affordable drugstore foundation. I will definitely buy this again and again. Please don't discontinue! It's my HG!

***Edited to add***
After getting a bit of sun I would normally use mac nc40 and I've found that Almay TLC Honey is a great match. I was surprised because it was the darkest shade they had and I'm far from dark, but it worked well. I tried Warm first and it was too light and too pink. So yay! Still my HG!!!