September 22, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a first impression review but just had to share this- I'm oily, and this product actually made my Physicians Formula liquid eyeliner/serum stick soo well that I had to swipe it off with a micellar water soaked pad AFTER I had just cleansed my face with my Nuance oxygen face cleanser. I have never, ever had a problem taking this liner off, and after a hot sunny day walking around I was even surprised it was still on me when I got home. Yes, it made my shadow stick, but holy cow on making that eyeliner stick soo well too!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what I am doing wrong with this primer. I have tried the tiniest amounts, bigger amounts, made sure it is well and truly blended in, given it time to dry on the eye lid etc but it will only last a max of 4 hours before the shadow creases or disappear off my lid and sits in the crease of my lid. This was pretty pricy @ 17 so highly disappointed. I found that it separates so needs a good shake before application. I like the packaging but that's it. I use this to prime my undereye area before concealer goes on.

I will stick to UDPP as it works better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by alisonxellen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to buy UD's Primer Potion but it was out of stock so I got the Shadow Insurance. I had read so many good things about it before, many of my favorite Youtubers used it and said it was a HG product. Okay. I'm so disappointed. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way but my eyeshadows crease like crazy with it and it feels so oily on my eyelid. At first, I thought I used not enough produc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lid primer. I'm still experimenting on which one works the best...but this one really is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my second favorite primer, behind urban decay. It's pretty good. But since they're similar price points I would go with the UD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely fantastic! 5/5. Will never buy UDPP again! I do a lot of smokey eye looks and this keeps them flawless for 12+ hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for years!

I love the very soft, non-tacky, easy to manipulate texture of this product. It's perfect - staying power is seemingly infinite, it's easy to blend over, and comes in a narrow squeeze tube with a narrow tip, so it's easy to control. The only con is the price; the WnW Fergie primer rivals this one, so I will use that one as long as I can find it, but I do recommend TFSI for any who can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

Keeps shadow on all day, through heat and humidity! No crease or fading for 6+ hours. Personally I didn't find it to be any better or worse than UDPP, they both worked just fine on my eyelids. It does what it's supposed to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I gave this plenty of time before reviewing it. I compared it to Urban Decay Primer Potion, ELF's Glitter Glue, and the Lock and Seal for holding stuff in place. Now, no primer has been found to be a magic potion, but this works REALLY well. I like ELF's Glitter Glue as well for when it's not humid or very warm since it migrates slowly. I use TFSI for when it's humid and I want to keep some sort of color on my eyelids or for a cut crease. TFSI migrates a lot less, but creases after a while, about 6 hours.

I'll buy this again, and definitely try the glitter glue. I won't try UDPP again, it just didn't meld well with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is my favorite eye shadow primer and also my first eye shadow primer. I know about Urban Decay Primer Potion being just as good but I cannot say for sure since I haven't tried it. But with this primer, the staying power is awesome!
I have slightly oily eye lids and this primer keeps my eye lids crease-less all day and I never have a problem. Sometimes I go 8+ hours with my makeup and this primer makes my eye shadow look beautiful from 6 am to 6 pm and I usually never have to touch up my eyes (aside from a lil smudging from my eyeliner when I wear it).
My only tiny complaint is when I do my first shade. If I apply my shadow before the primer has really set then my brush tends to not slide as well but after that I have no problem. But it barely happens so I decided to not take a point off for that. Another thing is the packaging, I like being able to squeeze it out of a tube because I believe it is more hygienic then using a wand and dipping back into the primer every time.
I keep going back to this primer and I recommend this to all of my friends who are wondering what eye shadow primer to get. I think that to have a flawless canvas, you need to have a good primer and even if you have to spend a bit more, I think it is worth it because then your makeup will look better then without using one.