October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Chrome Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this palette has beautiful colors and works especially good for smokey eyes, with a more natural look in the face looks amazing!! the only thing I don't like is that there is a alot of eyeshadows that all look the same color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great palette especially if you regularly do a variation of the smoky eye. You get plenty of shadows of varying textures and shades. Some of the sparkly ones are a little gritty but they glide easily on to the eyelids. In this palette are warm, cool, and neutral shades of grey and silver. I would have bought this palette even if it didn't include the gloss. This would have been perfect without the gloss actually because the gloss isn't really covered and I've already accidentally had the brushes fall into them. The packaging is a little bulky and you have to be careful about opening and closing it the right way or else the brushes will fall into the gloss. Or you may dip your finger in there without meaning to. There's nothing wrong with the gloss but it would have been better if it were seperate. I'm glad I bought this while it was available though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. I agree with a previous post below, the palette is called Chrome so yes, the colors are all grey based.
I ALWAYS use a good eye primer or creaseless cream eyeshadow as a base with ANY high shimmer or high metallic products. These BB metallics behave no differently than Urban Decay discoball glitter shadows. Without some prep work, they all have fall out.
And no, metallics/glitters do not have much pigmentation. They are meant to be layered. For me, no matter the brand of metallic, I always use a cream eyeshadow beneath that will enhance the metallic.
I think if you closely look at the BB Chrome video the layering is very evident. The application of metallics is not for everyone because it does take some patience.
I consider this a specialty item and I'm very happy I have it in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This palette is definitely not for everyone. You have to have the right coloring for it to be flattering. I have C4 skintone, brown hair and hazel eyes. The silvery grey eyeshadows compliment my eyes, and make for a stunning light smokey eye. My daughter has very fair skin and light blue eyes. The eye colors really washed her out, and did nothing to compliment her coloring.

I find myself using this palette for evenings. It is too shimmery for daytime. You can create a beautiful grey smokey eye that is subtle and age appropriate (I am 41). I use a sage green eye liner and then go over it with a metallic grey shadow pencil. Then I smudge the two together, and the entire look really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

I adore the four lip colors that are in this paette. They are neutral and subtle, which goes perfectly with the dramatic shimmery grey shadows. The lip colors feel moisturizing and are universally flattering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Two things I like about this palette: packaging and number of eyeshadows & lip glosses that fit in the compact so convenience. Other than that I agree with the other ladies that have written reviews about the product. The eyeshadows are not soft, not easy to blend, super sparkly, lots of fallout when applying and doesn't last all day even with a base. This was super expensive $85! Good thing I used a GC. I bought it b/c I really wanted to have a BB palette in my collection, I think they get you on the packaging and limited time offer on these products. You can only get this around Christmas time and people rush out to get them as if they're gold, but it just shows in the general consensus of this review that this was a poorly formulated e/s palette!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by beckydou

Like other reviewers said, this palette lacks of variety in colours for the eyeshadows, and the sparkle ones have no colour at all, although they look like in different colours when in the palette...
The shimmers are good, and also the plains.
But the lip glosses are my favourite!!!!! Plus the lip brush is soooooo good (but never the eyeshadow brush!).
It's expensive, but I still bought it, coz this is my first ever BB item. Before I liked so much about the vibrant colours, but now maybe i'm getting more mature, I tend to like the neutral colours.
Anyway, if you are BB dummy, I advice you to give it a try,but if you are BB expert/mania,this palette is not for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by shonascully

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I found that most of the eyeshadow colours looked the pretty much the same, and barely had any pigment. The lip glosses were really nothing special either. I think this palette is a huge waste of money, it's a great idea, but really doesn't work so well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I echo the sentiments of the previous reviewer. I received the palette as a gift and should've known better than to dip my brushes into it. I hate the lippies, as they all looked the same on my lips and were drying. The palette is too expensive (and monochromatic) for a makeup novice, and too boring and low-quality for seasoned makeup lovers. I do like sparkles and greys, but one sheer, sparkly, finishing shadow would've sufficed. Similarly, the greys do not offer enough contrast on my face. I can create different intensities of gray without so many variations, by using a heavy or light hand. For the most part, the shadows are sheer and chalky, but at least they stay on lids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on this .. so the minute it hit counters I was ALL over it. Sadly .. that excitement faded upon first use, and continued to digress after a few uses.

The shades in this are all silvery/smokey, typically a total dream for me. However this is all over the place on pigmentation, and most of the shadows fail to deliver decent color payoff. The "sparkle" shades just about have to be piled on to see anything. The deepest contour shade is nicely pigmented, although not very unique, and the other 2-3 shadows that do have decent pigment don't justify the $75 pricetag. This was a total let down for me, and one that definitely will be returned to Macy's in favor of a product that actually delivers. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by violetberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this palette. I have been wanting BB to put something like this out for a long time. The shadows are all grey because, duh, it's a CHROME palette. Last I checked chrome was of the grey area on the 'ole color wheel. You have matte, shimmerwash, metallics and sparkle. Excellent, endless combinations for day time in the office or for night time to vamp it up. It is the perfect palette for the classy downtown girl. Not your boring browns and neautrals that I can find anywhere and everywhere in my other BB palettes. The glosses are extremely wearable and last and last. My previous BB fav palette was the Sexy Glamour palette which had a very red lip shade. I'm so glad this one has a range of glosses for variation. Very glad to spend the $75 on this palette as it is a must have for me. Perfection.