September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Shampoo - Millcreek Jojoba Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I love this shampoo! I've bought it over and over again. It seems to be pretty popular at the health food store I purchase it from locally, as they always seem to be low on either this or the conditioner. They were out of the shampoo the last time I was there so I will be trying out the Henna shampoo from this company soon.

I don't ask a lot out of my shampoos. I think this one cleans my hair nicely and I like that it is healthier than other shampoos. Prior to this I was trying the No-Poo regime and it was a horrible greasy mess. At the time I was really interested in more organic, natural beauty products. I saw this shampoo line at the store and decided to give it a try. I picked the Jojoba shampoo/conditioner because I liked the smell and wanted something to moisturize my hair. I was growing my natural hair color out and it was pretty damaged from bleaching and coloring it.

I use this shampoo all over my head and then only put conditioner on my ends. My roots seem to be well moisturized from the shampoo alone and they don't get greasy.

My hair overall looks nicer and healthier since I've been using this brand. I'm sure letting it return to its natural state also helps, but I think the shampoo/conditioner has helped a lot too. At times when I have run out of this and had to use my sister's shampoo and conditioner I notice their stuff feels slimy and leaves a residue. I am guessing this must be a silicone or something in the shampoo and conditioner to make the hair look shinier. The Mill Creek shampoo feels kind of dry in comparison and doesn't have as much "slip" to it. It was at first a little hard to get used to working it into my hair because it wasn't slimy, but once I got used to it I loved it.

If you are looking for a basic shampoo/conditioner that is healthier and more natural I would absolutely recommend this brand. This isn't a brand that will promise miracle results and you won't get them, I assure you, but if you want your hair clean, moisturized and manageable this is a good option. This shampoo will help you have a nicer version of your natural hair. The price isn't dirt cheap, mine was about $8.50 a bottle, but it lasts a couple months because you don't use a ton and it is a thinner formula.

Overall I love this shampoo and am looking forward to trying the Henna shampoo. :)

Note I think they have reformulated these shampoos/conditioners. They don't contain parabens, SLS/SLES, artificial colors, gluten, propylene glycol.

Ingredients:

deionized water, jojoba oil, panthenol (provitamin B5), hydrolyzed keratin, barley extract, comfrey extract, wheat germ oil, sodium myreth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine (coconut oil), cocamephoacetate lauramide, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), biotin, niacin, allantoin, folic acid, inositol, citric acid, corn oil, octyl dimethyl PABA, sodium chloride, *organic aloe vera gel, organic essential oil, caramel, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Good ingredients, low price (got mine at iherb.com). I'd say performance-wise, it's no better or worse than other shampoos I've tried. My hair (straight, medium texture, normal amount, healthy in general) has been kind of dry-feeling lately and I got this in the hopes of having better-moisturized hair. It does feel smoother and is a little more manageable, though the change hasn't been dramatic. Perhaps it would be better to get a better conditioner rather than futzing around with the shampoo. I think I'd put this on my list for future repurchases.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good product. My hair felt very clean and refreshed after this, and light and fluffy. I like that its SLS free. I wish that the Tj Maxx i bought this at had the conditioner as well. Ill most likely end up buying the conditioner if I find it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at a health food store in the natural section. It took awhile for my hair to do well without silicones, and then I liked this shampoo. Cleans well without stripping, didn't mess with my color and my hair had a lot of body. I actually used up the shampoo and conditioner and I don't often do that. I am buying more on my next trip to town. I recommend this product.