October 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Masks - Amore Pacific - Sulwhasoo Skin Clarifying Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by pix335

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mask. I use it after cleanser and toner. It has quite a strong herbal gingery smell. I try to spread it really quickly so it doesn't dry before I finish spreading it. I start at my nose and then work my way out. After about half an hour I peel it off. I always get great looking skin the next day - it's brighter and softer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this one back in 2010 and it's done nothing for my face except removed some dead-skin. I was glad to see the end of the tube and was able to move on to something else. Nice packaging. Nice texture. Smell nice. That's about it. Get some sample if you can because this one is expensive and didn't work, at least for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Since I've been using my Clarisonic Mia 2, I haven't really bothered with a weekly exfoliator as I feel my skin doesn't need it. That being said, sometimes I do want to detox with a mask. I've always been loyal to clay masks (Aesop, Ren, Dermalogica & Pevonia) and was even tempted by the positive reviews of the Innisfree super volcanic clay mask but......

Thanks to google, I stumbled upon the great reviews about the Sulwhasoo clarifying mask. So off I went to trusty eBay for some samples and was giddy as a school girl when it arrived. After cleansing and toning, I applied the mask, waiting patiently until it dried and to my horror discovered the mask would not budge when I attempted to peel it off. I didn't want to pull my face off so in sheer panic, just washed the mask away.

Upon further investigation (thanks youtube), I discovered Sulwhasoo recommend using this product after emlusion. It seemed strange to me but what the heck, I applied the mask after cleansing, toning and moisturising and it worked! The mask peeled off without a hitch and I was delighted. The next morning, I noticed my skin felt amazing. My skin felt plump, hydrated and detoxed! I don't know how it works but it does. I have mixed up my routine by using the Leaders Insolution Vita Brit masks but for me, they are more of a moisturising mask as opposed to one that feels like it's removing impurities from my face. Also noticed my pores were smaller and blackheads were down to a minimal with Sulwhasoon. Would def recommend purchasing the samples from eBay as it works out to be cheaper than buying a whole tube but also it's quite convenient to take on holiday or the bfs house. I use one sachet per application.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

After a few months of purchasing this product it turned bad. The honey like goo turned into a dark brown thick goopy mess and you could see small brown granules in it. Really disappointing for an expensive mask.
Will not repurchase as did not see any amazing effects the first few times tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one very pleasant peel-opp mask that gets the job done, improving my complecting and tightening pores. I just don't fully undestand how to use it properly. It seems strange that it should go over emulsion when I usually apply all my face masks on a bare face after toner. It is very easy to remove once it is dry. Skin doesn't feel irritated or tight after use. There is no need to rinse your face afterwords either. Just apply you regular day or night cream and you are ready. I will repurchase when I run out. Makes me curious about other Sulwhasoo skin care.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may sound strange since it's a peel-off mask, but this actually seems to be a little too rich for my skin. Every time I use it I end up with clogged pores which is pretty much the opposite of what this mask is supposed to do. However, if I use it strictly on my nose and the surrounding area it helps to loosen up blackheads and keep the skin glowy and fresh-looking. Very odd! The smell, like all Sulwhasoo products, is wonderful - a luxurious, earthy, herbal scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by CrystalT

Amazing clarifying mask from Sulwhasoo! I have tried many other expensive brands of masks from Ren, Fresh (clay mask) but this one is the best for declogging your pores, minimizing them and your skin feels so soft and clean after that. It also makes your pores smaller and skin smooth and plumped. Can't say enough good things about this! If you have combination sensitive skin, I would highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by twinklystarangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this mask. It has a herbal sweet smell to it and you can even smell it when the cap is on. Anyway, I bought this product on evecare.com for a reasonable price and have used to 2 times in a week. I'm not sure how many times you're suppose to use it but I guess whenever your skin feels dull with dead skin cells. After using this mask, my face feels refreshed and clean because I'm peeling away all the dead skins and replacing it with nutrients. I'm not sure if this mask tones the skin, but my dark sun spots are starting to fade.
This product isn't a cream but more like honey-like substance. It's quite sticky and dries fast. The only problem I have with this mask is that it takes forever to peel off but other than that I love what it does to my skin, definitely recommend this product. Oh btw, my skin is dry to normal but mostly dry right now because of the coldness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to make a big statement: this is the best mask I have ever used (and I must have used over 80 different masks by now)!
It sells for $55 which is quite steep for a mask but it's simply amazing! Again, like all Sulwhasoo products (see my other reviews on them) it has a strong herbal scent but is not bad. It's supposed to get rid of toxins in your skin by purging your pores and pulling out the bad stuff that clogs your pores giving you blackheads and blemishes. You apply this after the toner and emulsion. It is a brown, thick, goopey, sticky gel that you smear on your face. Make sure your first layer is not dried, or you're putting on a lot of product, or else the layer you've previously applied will peel off (and it is a peel off mask). It's supposed to be left on for 30 minutes, longer than other masks while it dries and does it job. Meanwhile, there'll be a brownish unappealing film over your face that your bf might not appreciate...
...But after you peel and rinse with water (optional) you have the most amazing skin! It makes that much of a difference! And the effect lasts longer than other masks out there. My blemishes are reduced dramatically (I usually only use this to stop a blemish on its tracks. I don't have acne and my skin is clear with the occasional blemish or two. I do not think this product will work for cases of acne), skin is translucent, fairer, freckles lighter, and my skin feels soo soft and supple! It's like a miracle mask for me and I think I will be using it my whole life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No