October 24, 2014 | 1656 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Befine Eye Brightening with Avocado Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this product to work for me but it really burned the skin around my eyes leaving red patches. It also made my eyes burn and water. The packaging was not so great as it squirted out way too much product at once so some got wasted. I gave it 2 lippies though because it did moisturize nicely and could be ideal for those who do not have sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by diamondm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for 2 weeks after reviewing it here. I think it does a wonderful job of erasing the dark circles, not so much the puffiness, maybe a little. Love the pump applicator, the exact amount comes out, absorbs quickly, I do need to use an additional eye cream before my concealer tho. I just ordered the Borba eye cream everyone is talking about to help with the puffiness. Will let ya know.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Nickicaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, this is an interesting product. I haven't used it long enough to test its anti-aging properties, but I will do my best to give as much feedback as possible.

PACKAGING- this cream is contained in a sanitary pump bottle that takes about 50 pumps to get it going! Once it does though it pumps cleanly and is not wasteful; seems to provide the perfect amount for both eyes in one full squirt. The packaging is clean and simple, and the box is a cute little carton. The other reviewer provided all the verbage, so I will skip that.

PRODUCT- this cream claims to tighten, lighten, and soften the undereye area when used twice a day. For reference, I have used and loved Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge Eye. I have used and not loved BORBA, Strivectin, Skyn Iceland, and various drugstore creams. While this is called a serum, it is actually a milky white cream that is absorbed readily into the skin. I love that it is so natural and not tested on animals! I have been using it for a month and my darkness has def. diminished. As far as fine lines are concerned, they aren't worse but they aren't better either. However, I will update after 3 months on that.

PRICE- $22USD. Not bad considering all of the high quality ingredients, but pricey for a drugstore product. Can be found readily at CVS.

OVERALL- I gave this a 4 because a) it is natural and non toxic b) the price isn't insane c) it is hygenic d) it definitely lightens dark circles quickly and noticeably and e) it is not tested on animals and is great for us vegans!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, what does it do?

1. Alleviate dark circles
how: Seaweed biopeptides (Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract)
why: Seaweed biopeptides (Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract) enhance the metabolism of the skin to produce collagen.

2. Lifts, tightens and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
how: Avocado oil (Persea Gratissima)
why: Rich moisturizer penetrates skin quickly to repair damage.

3. Diminish the appearance of aging
how: Olive extracts
why: Skin oil analogue, synthetic sebum.

Not sure why? but it says; Handling Instructions:
This exceedingly gentle serum helps to alleviate dark circles using technology that illuminates the skin. Seaweed peptides & Avocado oils lift, tighten and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

So, my take on it is a bit mixed. It is pricey and it makes quite a few claims but so far I can't say "Yes this is the HG of eye creams". I'm not sure if it's an actual cooling sensation or a very slight sting but I think I can attribute it to Orange Oil being one of the ingredients. I like that it has a fresh smell, it's very smooth and creamy,easily applied, and easily absorbed. I don't wake up w/puffy eyes (as I have w/other eye creams). I can't say I've noticed any diminishing of circles but I can say it helps my concealer to go on smoother. I think that someone w/sensitive skin around the eye area may not like that weird cooling/sting that it produces after applying. I'll keep it around for now but I say senstives beware. This comes in a pump form which I like for sanitary reasons.