July 30, 2014 | 1813 users online

Powder - NYX - Luxurious Black Label Compact Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

*updated* Nice powder. Very smooth and finely milled. The previous concern of it drying me out or exentuating the dryness was not an issue. I used it all over my face a couple times and it did not dry me out and it mattified my oily areas.. HOWEVER.. I found that this product broke me out. Very strange as I don't remember having this problem with any other powder product. (mind you I haven't used too many powders) So, while it's a great product (not worth $25 tho), it broke me out so I cannot use it. Packaging is GORGEOUS. Comes in a sexy blace lace pouch.. Large swivel mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by cherylnk

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. First off the packaging is great! It's nice and sturdy and has a huge mirror inside which stands up. It comes with a sponge which also has it's own little compartment so this product is great for bringing with you for touchups (which is what I use this for). I used to bring along my Mac mineralize skin finish natural, but I would also have to bring a brush and a mirror so this helps to cut down what I bring with me in my purse. I wouldn't really use this as my main foundation, but it works well as a setting powder or just for touchups throughout the day. The powder is finely milled and soft to the touch and feels soft on your skin. It does provide decent coverage and helps to even out your skintone, but it's not gonna do much as to covering up blemishes or anything major for that matter. I grabbed this on a hautelook sale and I'm glad because this is rather expensive. I do like this product and the convenience of the packaging so I will most likely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is a nice setting/touch up powder with a lovely scent. The packaging is also very nice, but that's about it for positives. I tried using it as a powder foundation and it doesn't cover anything! I was quite disappointed because the price is ridiculous for what it is! It's finely milled powder, but still....it's not worth $25. HauteLook had these on sale a while back for $5. It's really more worth that price. I currently use mine to set concealer before I apply my $1 ELF pressed powder, which has better coverage than this. Try this is you can find it cheap, but if you want to spend $25 on a pressed powder, try MAC, NARS, or another higher end brand. I think NYX forgets sometimes that they are drugstore products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by omahacheeks

This has great coverage and feel to it. I did have some dry skin and it didn't help to moisturize it away but I should have exfoliated before I put my makeup on anyway. I wasn't hip to the lid of the compact at first but then it is useful and has a high clever factor. You won't regret buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently discovered this product and am so amazed by it. The powder is finely milled and goes well over foundation or by itself. I apply by spraying a bit of my Mac fix spray on an elf powder brush then swirling the powder on my face. The packaging is to die for...mirror swivels and compact comes in black lacy reusable tie bag. Love this product...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Schni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best thing about this compact is the packaging!!! I really like the powder but the mirror just nails it!!!

You will also find an information about where to get this product for only $5 instead of $25. IT's only a temporarily sale though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm an NC 35-40 Filipina with combination, acne-prone skin. I currently have a TON of acne scars. I'm also peeling and flaking due to my Retin-A cream. Now on to the review. I have the shades Perfect Beige and Natural Beige. Both have yellow/olive undertones, Perfect Beige is darker than Natural Beige. Unlike the other reviewers, I actually bought these powder foundations at full price: $25 each. Yes, it's expensive, too expensive if you ask me, but someone needs to buy crap and review it, right? ;) NYX describes this as a multi-purpose product and I have to agree. It provides full coverage like your cream/liquid/stick foundations, if you choose to make this product your base. You can use it to set your foundation and/or blot throughout the day. And if you buff it well enough it can serve as a concealer on areas you want to conceal. The powder itself is smooth and finely milled and glides on easy with the sponge provided in the compact. There is much to be said with the packaging as well. On the outside it looks like any other awkwardly large compact, but the lid SWIVELS and ROTATES to a convenient stand up mirror (which is large by the way). It will definitely put a smile on your face. Excessive application of this product left my face too cakey and chalky. So use sparingly and if you have the type of face that gets oily quickly, avoid using this to blot because it will oxidize into an orange mess. With that being said, the lasting power of this powder on me is pretty nice. I start with a silicone-based primer and buff gently with a flat-top brush. If I need to touch-up, I blot my face with tissue to absorb excess oil and reapply the powder with a sponge. I can imagine this powder working GREAT on normal/dry skin types. I would repurchase this product again because it hasn't broken me out and the color match is nice. I'm currently mixing both shades because I'm transitioning to my summer skin. I definitely recommend if you have $25 in disposable income and want to try something new with an awesome package. Pictures will be uploaded soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this powder during the NYX $1 sale on their website. I'm a powder foundation junkie, and I just couldn't imagine spending $25 on a powder without trying it out first.

The packaging is really nice! It comes in a rectangular compact with a swiveling lid and a LARGE mirror. Very convenient! The little lace pouch was a very nice touch as well, although I can't say I use it for the powder. I can see maybe storing q-tips or cotton balls in it while traveling.

I had to guess a little on the color, but I believe I went with Ivory, which suits my N3-N4 skin almost perfectly.

Applied with a kabuki brush, coverage is pretty decent. I have pretty oily skin, and I have yet to see any sort of dark oxidized spots pop up throughout the day.

All in all, it's a pretty alright powder. Would I repurchase it at full price? No. I have no idea why NYX wants so much for powder, considering most of their other products are so budget friendly. Studio Fix powder performs better (not to mention comes in a wider array of colors) and costs a dollar more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by queenelizabeth1685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Perfect beige (BLCP 12) and is a perfect match to my NC40 complexion. I really like this powder because it feels very light and it gives medium coverage. Very easy to blend, but the only two things that I did not like is that after a few hours you need a touch up and also the price, I wish it could be a little cheaper than $25. I found that this make up stays perfect if I wear my MAC blot pressed powder on top of it, anyways for oily skin like mine, blot powder is a necessity and a priority. And two cool things about this powder is that it does not contain mineral oil or beeswax.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AloeAll

I cannot get Luxurious Black Label Compact Powder in a walk in store. So I got this online. I tried 08 Soft Beige. I wanted to know what is the difference between the Twin Cake and this product. When I saw the product, it came in a paper box with lace designs on it. The package said "Lead FREE". Oh good, so I got my money worth?! Inside the box, there is a real lace pouch with nylon draw string. I opened the draw string and got the compact out. The compact has a weird, 360 degree folding case, that I can swing to the side and flip up and down. A magnetic is hidden on the compact to make it close.

Anyways. I tried the powder foundation and it gave more natural look compare to the cheaper Twin Cake (that is a more velvet finish). Did not see any powder hanging on my peach fuzz when I look at myself at different angles. The powder blended well. I wanted to like this but during the afternoon I noticed my chin area started to turn dark, I got the dark beard, which I did not get from the Twin Cake.

The powder was thick enough to cover my dark circles and red spots, but need more powder to cover old acne marks but can still see it. For the price of this I expected more oil control and more.