Everyday Minerals Starry Eyed

Not tested on animals

on 2/4/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have this in the travel roller-ball container, which works pretty well to deposit color on your lid, but I wouldn't use that to apply it without blending.

Once blended, the sparkly-ness pretty much goes away, and you're left with a purple-ish shadow. Not the brown I was hoping it would be. But Everyday Mineral's product descriptions are terrible, so who knew it would be so purple-ish?

If you're looking for a dark purple color, don't worry about the sparkles--you can definitely buff those off. However, like another reviewer said, it wears off fast.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

GORGEOUS. Didn't really work for me as a dry eyeshadow, but as a wet eye liner it's brilliant. The shimmer really comes out, and is great applied as a heavy 60s liner. Great alternative to black liner.

on 12/22/2009 10:54:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow, and that's saying a lot. I wear this very often. What I like about it is its versatility. It can be applied wet or dry, as a shadow or a liner. One way I really like to wear this is smudged all over my lid, and then wet as a liner on my upper and lower lashes. Very sexy smoky effect.

on 8/4/2009 10:33:00 PM

Love this as a liner. I don't see any red in it. Green sparkles if anything, so maybe they reformulated it? I love pairing this w/thank you or a light shimmery green. Even on it's own, very pretty. I apply it w/a q-tip & blend.

on 7/15/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Starry Eyed is a plum taupe w/ lots of shimmer. I used w/ UDPP. Great pigementation. will update wear later

on 7/9/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this colour in the pot but haven't really made full use of it. I love the vibrant colour though.

on 6/19/2009 6:46:00 AM

like, but it is VERY sparkly. won't buy it again simply because I'm not sure if I will ever finish the one I have (though it is pretty).

on 6/13/2009 6:14:00 PM

Im surprised I havent tried this one yet but I guess it never really stood out as being something I needed since I thought I had some similar shades already from Everyday Minerals but its actually very pretty. To me its like a chocolately brown (sorry not seeing the plum in it - I had hoped there might be more plum to it actually) with a load of silvery sparkle/sheen. Makes a nice smokey eye and a nice addition to my collection since I didnt really have too many chocolate brown type shades. Great for a crease color as well.

on 11/17/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour looks beautiful in the pot. Reminds me of a stary night :) Has a nice eye catching sparkle and is a navy blue with a small dose of violet. So why did I only give it 3 lippies? As some other reviewers have said, I had a hard time blending this in evenly. Even with a blender brush. It's hard to get the right amount of colour on your lid. It goes on streaky. I really really REALLY wanted to like this since it was the only shadow I have from EM, other than the smokey eyeliner. Oh, and the color payoff is nice when you apply it but fades really fast.

on 9/30/2008 10:15:00 PM

One of the worst Everyday Minerals shadows. I could not get it to blend like I could the others. It made a huge mess about 15 minutes before I had dinner plans and it took ten minutes to scrub it off. I went to the restaurant with red, irritated eyes and no makeup. I woke up the next morning and had my very first experience with milia. Will not repurchase.