October 23, 2014 | 1682 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kanebo - Sensai Cellular Performance Lifting Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seems that Leslie is right (see the previous review): I have experienced some redness on my skin after only 3-4 days of using it (a sample) - she has mentioned redness after few weeks of use. This cream indeed has some lifting effect and seems very rich and hydrating at first. But after a few days I feel like my skin is slightly irritated with a few red patches. When I touch my skin it seems smooth and well hydrated (there's a 'film' on the skin which the cream leaves - I prefer creams which penetrate into the skin better than this one, and don't leave such a film). No buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing this product in conjunction with Sensai Cellular Performance Lifting Essence because the two products are specifically designed to be used together (and that is exactly how I am using). The Sensai Cellular Performance Lifting series is Kanebo's newest collection of 3 products designed for "anti-sagging." The trio includes an essence (serum) retailing in the US @ $200 for 40ml, a face cream @ $280 for 40ml and an eye cream @ $160 for 15ml. The three-product group is described by Kanebo in several (some rather vague) ways as.... "pampering the skin"...... "infusing the facial skin muscles with new tension to achieve fimer, silky-smooth contours"....."boosts skin's collagen, energizes and tones" and "works on multiple levels to defy the pull of gravity." I have been testing Lifting Essence and Lifting Cream for several weeks, focusing these products soley on my lower face, chin and upper neck. My eternal quest to avoid plastic surgery continues, so I try A LOT of products. Kanebo's lifting essence/cream combo seems somewhat effective for firming and toning my lower facial contour (jawline). That saggy side view looks a LITTLE better and my profile appears a bit more chiseled. So, I am going to continue using these products together and may add in the eye cream for eyelid droopiness. I will update after a couple of months when I can be more certain of longer term results (and be sure results are real, not just old age driven optimism). So far, so good.... but expensive, too! UPDATE 2/6/08: As it turns out, this particular duo is definitely NOT hydrating enough especially in the winter. It also started causing me some redness and irritation. I am very sensitive and very dry, so this is not the right product group for me. I would recommend it for more normal skin types. I like Kanebo's research and their philosophy so will try other products from the line but won't rebuy this.